America's Finest2 Comments
Cadillac Planning a 2.0 Turbo XTSCadillac XTS 2.0T
Drew Dowdell - Managing Editor
Cadillac is readying a 2.0 turbo version of their full size XTS sedan model according to a diagram obtained by a CheersandGears.com reader. The diagram, sourced from a U.S. Cadillac dealership parts catalog, shows the 2.0T badging along with the FlexFuel badge we are familiar with from other GM vehicles.
When we first saw the diagram, we thought we were looking at evidence of a US bound livery model of the XTS similar to Lincoln’s MKT 2.0 Ecoboost. However, a source inside of GM informed us this was not the case, so do not expect to see the 2.0T version on the road if you live in the U.S.
This version of XTS will be for sale only in China and likely be an eventual replacement for the Chinese only Cadillac SLS 2.0T.
Being a cousin of the now departed Saab 9-5, we can expect the XTS 2.0T to have no less than 220 horsepower and 258 ft-lb of torque at 2000 rpm. The possibility exists for more performance as GM has been actively improving their 2.0T, so any engine spec between those above and the 270 horsepower 295 ft-lb of torque available in the Buick Regal GS is possible. All-Wheel-Drive is not expected to be offered.
In other XTS news, we have confirmed that there are no plans to sell the XTS in Europe contrary to what had been previously reported by other outlets, making the XTS limited to the North American and Asian markets.
Drew Dowdell is managing editor of CheersandGears.com and can be reached at Drew.Dowdell@CheersandGears.com or on twitter as @Cheersngears
- Infiniti Gives The Q60 Concept A Tease
- MyFord Touch Shown the Door, Sync 3 Enters
- Ford Announces New Performance Division, Focus RS Confirmed
- Detroit Auto Show: 2015 MINI John Cooper Works
- Rumorpile: Volkswagen Plans A Premium Midsize Vehicle
- Toyota Releases a Small Tacoma Teaser
- Roadmasters: Buell 1125CR
- 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLE 450 Ready To Take On BMW X6
- Review: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude and Overland
- Rumorpile: Updates Incoming For Pentastar V6s