Jump to content

Build Theme!


Follow Cheers and Gears

On Google Plus

On Facebook
On Twitter



The More Things Change, The More They Stay The Same
3 Comments
Driving With A Black Sheep
13 Comments

Fiat News

NHTSA Fines Ferrari $3.5 Million Over Missing Reports

Oct 31 2014 01:15 PM | Fiat News
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has issued a $3.5 million fine for Ferrari as it failed to comply with oversight requirements.

The agency announced today that the Italian sports car maker had not submitted early warning reports for the past three years. These reports are important for NHTSA as it helps them identify potential or existing safety problems. Federal law requires manufacturers these reports quarterly. Previously, Ferrari was qualified as a a small-volume manufacturer which exempted them from providing these reports. However, Ferrari was still required to notify the agency of any fatal accidents involving its vehicles, something it didn't do for three accidents in this time. Also, Ferrari lost its...


Ferrari To Be Spun Off From Fiat Chrysler Automobiles

Oct 29 2014 11:35 AM | Fiat News
The most iconic brand of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles will become its own company. The company announced today that it plans to spin off Ferrari into its own separate company as part of a plan to raise capital that will support the FCA's future growth. Once the separation happens, Ferrari will put 10 percent of its shares on the stock market "in the United States and possibly a European exchange". The remaining 90 percent will be distributed among FCA's existing shareholders.

"Following our acquisition of the minority interest in Chrysler earlier this year, the transformation of Fiat and Chrysler into FCA was completed earlier this month with our debut on the New York Stock Exchange. As we move forward to secure the 2014-2018 Bus...


Paris Motor Show: Ferrari 458 Speciale Drops Its Top

Sep 27 2014 11:05 AM | Fiat News
Ferrari's showing for the Paris Motor Show is the Ferrari 458 Speciale A. The 458 Speciale A (Aperta) is the convertible version of the 458 Speciale and features most of the the lightweight materials found on the coupe. The difference is the addition of a folding aluminum roof which can open or close in 14 seconds, and only adds about 110 pound to the weight of the Speciale A.

Power comes from a 4.5L V8 engine which makes 605 horsepower and 397 pound-feet of torque. Ferrari says the 458 Speciale A can hit 60 MPH in about 3.0 seconds (about a tenth slower than the coupe). The Special A also features Ferrari's Side Slip angle Control (SSC) system which varies the torque distribution to improve handling.

Ferrari says t...


Luca di Montezemolo Steps Down As Ferrari Chairman

Sep 10 2014 02:15 PM | William Maley in Fiat News


Ferrari's long standing chairman Luca di Montezemolo announced today that he will step down from the company on October 13th. Taking his place for the time being will be Fiat Chrysler Automobiles CEO Sergio Marchionne. Montezemolo has a long and stori...



Turbos and Hybrids Are In Ferrari's Future

Jun 24 2014 02:45 PM | William Maley in Fiat News


The balance act of performance and emissions is difficult to say in the least, but Ferrari thinks they have figured it out. According to Vittorio Dini, Ferrari's Powertrain Director, the company plans on increasing performance while reducing CO2 emissi...





Alfa Romeo 4C Gets A Pricetag For The U.S.

Jun 14 2014 11:05 AM | William Maley in Fiat News


Alfa Romeo has announced the pricing and some specifications for the U.S. spec 4C. The model when it arrives later this year to the eighty-six Alfa Romeo dealers will have a base pricetag of $55,195 (includes a $1,295 destination charge). Differences b...



Sergio Marchionne Asks You To Pass On The Fiat 500e

May 27 2014 03:05 PM | William Maley in Fiat News


When was the last time you ever heard the CEO of a major automaker say don't buy our car? Never? Well Fiat Chrysler Automobiles' CEO Sergio Marchionne may be the first one.    Reuters reports that Marchionne told an audience at the Brook...