July 2012 - KiaSales Kia
Kia Motors America Begins Second Half Of 2012 With Best-Ever July Sales
America's Fastest-Growing Car Company1 Achieves 23rd Consecutive Monthly Sales Record; Annual Sales up 15.9 Percent
IRVINE, Calif., Aug. 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Kia Motors America's (KMA) record-setting momentum and growth continued last month with best-ever July sales of 48,074 units, a 5.6-percent increase over the same period last year. Kia's streak of consecutive year-over-year sales records now extends to a remarkable 23 months as the brand marches into the third quarter of 2012 well ahead of last year's all-time annual sales record pace. KMA's year-to-date sales are up 15.9 percent over 2011 due in large part to strong retail sales performances by the U.S.-built Sorento CUV and Optima midsize sedan*, as well as the popular Soul urban passenger vehicle.
The high-volume month of July also witnessed the Optima and Soul gain recognition as two of the most appealing vehicles amongst new car buyers in J.D. Power and Associates' Automotive Performance, Execution and Layout (APEAL) Study.
"The story of Kia's extraordinary growth continues, and after capturing our 23rd straight monthly sales record, it is that of a brand which is moving forward on all fronts with significant strides in satisfying customers and building owner loyalty," said Byung Mo Ahn, group president and CEO of KMA and KMMG. "Our model line is designed to meet and exceed the high expectations of discerning car buyers who want quality and tremendous value in one package, as evidenced by our latest accolades from two major J.D. Power and Associates' studies – IQS and APEAL. And with a number of fresh products coming in the year ahead, we are confident that Kia will continue to attract new customers to our showrooms going forward."
- Mitsubishi and Nissan Midsize Project Hits An Impasse
- Rumorpile: Audi Plans Production Version of TT Offroad Concept
- Black Is Back: Chevrolet Introduces Silverado Midnight Edition
- 2014 Review Wrap-Up: SUVs
- 'Too Many Dealers' Claims Cadillac's President, Has Idea To Possibly Fix It
- Chicago Auto Show Tease: 2016 Honda Pilot and Acura RDX
- Ford Announces February 3rd As the Date for Focus RS
- Volkswagen Ponders Golf R-400 and A Van for the U.S.
- Like a Boss: Is GM Planning a New Off-Road Pickup?
- Infiniti Halts Plans For Electric Car