Follow Cheers and GearsOn Google Plus
September 2012: American HondaSales Honda September
American Honda Reports September Sales: Accord 56-Percent Gain Fuels Honda Sales Surge; Acura RDX Sales Up More Than 119 Percent
Honda Division sales up 29.3 percent, Acura sales up 43.5 percent
TORRANCE, Calif., Oct. 2, 2012 – American Honda today reported September 2012 U.S. sales of 117,211 units, an increase of 30.9 percent compared with September 2011. The Honda Division posted September 2012 sales of 102,845 units, an increase of 29.3 percent compared with September 2011. Acura’s U.S. September sales of 14,366 units increased 43.5 percent compared with September 2011.
- Accord leads all Honda vehicles in September with 29,182 in sales posting a 56.6-percent gain compared to the year prior
- Civic gains 57.0 percent compared with September 2011 with 21,546 in sales
- CR-V sets a new September record with sales of 22,268, up 13.6 percent
- RDX sets its 5th-consecutive record sales month with 2,938 units, up 119.9 percent compared to September 2011
- MDX retains the top-selling Acura title with sales of 4,692 units, up more than 60.4 percent from September 2011
- TL sedan sales up 29.1 percent from last year with 3,236 in monthly sales
The daily selling rate (DSR) is calculated with 25 days for September 2012 and 25 days for September 2011. Year-to-date, the DSR is calculated with 230 days for 2012 and 229 days for 2011. All other percentages in release are unadjusted; see table for adjusted DSR figures.