C&G Design Exclusive - More 2008 Cadillac CTS

You already saw a great STS-based rendering from artist and member NOS2006 here on C&G last Monday. Tonight, we're proud to unveil new presentations from two more of our resident artists.

Again, using spyshots, our sources, and our imaginations, we've coalesced a multitude of information into three exceptional renderings

Posted Image

C&G Staff Member and Artist Ted Krygier (!!!TED!!!) used a well-known spyshot as a foundation to conceptualize his vision of the 2008 CTS, making his very accurate in terms of proportioning. From this, we can gleam the '08 will be very taut and still very edgy, evolving the Art & Science design language in just the right amount. Thin LED element taillamps flank a creased decklid whose line continues down to the rear bumper, ensuring that the orignal CTS' angularities live on into its successor.

Posted Image

Member David Murphy (American_Revolution_2005) chose to create his design with pencil and paper. In his exterior front rendering, you can get a feel for the muscular yet refined stance the '08 CTS will take. Notice the intricately-designed 'stairstep' jeweling inside the headlamp cluster, something many of us hope will be found on the production car. A larger grille with larger slats adds a more aggressive look to the front-end.

Posted Image

The 2008 CTS will for once and all dispense the constant complaints about the original car's interior quality and design. Observe the trim panel running from one end of the dah to the other, sweeping down around either side of the console, leaving the center stack unbroken. We expect a selection of woods and metallic finishes. An analog Bvlgari clock rest beneath a Driver's Information Center display towards the top of the center stack; below are controls for the radio and cabin HVAC, with dual-zone temperature settings controlled from individual readouts under the console air vents. The three-gauge cluster rest simply and elegantly behind a three-spoke steering wheel of newest desing. Our sources indicate the gauges will have a Sixteen-inspired design with a large, center-mounted speedometer flanked by ancillary gauges.

Surely, such a sedan with swift looks deserves the moxie to back it up, and from we've learned, it will not disappoint. A direct-injection development of the current 3.6l will push close to 300hp in the regular CTS. Expect the next CTS-V - debuting for the 2009MY - to carry a supercharged 6.2l LSA V8 pushing 500-520hp through a six-speed manual.

For more powertrain discussion, visit this ongoing thread:

:forum:'08 CTS - What's under the hood?

We hoped you've enjoyed another look at one of the most anticipated new cars coming soon. Remember to keep your browsers pointed here as we bring you the latest on the CTS and other future GM products!

Not bad, not bad at all. My only complaint is that the deck looks disconnected with the rest of the car because of that character line. I really hope that that doesn't make it on the production car.

Aside from that, great renderings Ted and American_Revolution! :thumbsup:

TED's rendering looks pretty good. Looks very similar to the one from last week and it being based on the spy photos, that's probably the closest rendering out there. I love the new set up in the rear. Keeps a lot of the same Cadillac cues but makes it look very elegant at the same time. Good Job as always TED!

The two drawings look good and the interior looks pretty spot-on especially when you piece the 60 minutes photos and recent interior spy photo together. You certainly put a lot of detail into your drawings American_Revolution!

Good job everyone.

Thanks! I was expecting my drawing to take a very long time because of the detail I wanted to put in it. I was surprised when I finished because it took only an hour and a half. I was watching Vanishing Point at the same time. I tried drawing with that movie on and I don't know why but the drawings I did in that time pleased me.

Nice job, gentleman.. I'm getting excited about this CTS with all this stuff being talked about and shown!

LSA engine, eh? Any idea what "A" stands for, or is it just because they're running out of numeric representations? Engines sound good. I'm going to guess the LSA to be non-intercooled and placed in the Z06, too, while the LS9 in the Corvette SS (Blue Devil) will be intercooled and better tuned out. Either way.. sweet!

EDIT: Oh, and a manual? Sweet!

Edited by NOS2006

only one complaint - the door opening on the first picture is too small for the door, the front doors are much longer then the space allows. Or the picture seems "smushed"

Otherwise there are fantastic illustrations, very impressive!

No disrespect to the artists, but I really don't like the first or second sketch. They are wonderful sketches no doubt, but the lines in the first picture are just too busy and staid at the same time. It actually puts me in the mind of the 88-90 model lincoln continental. (my opinion). I DID like the sketch of the interior however. Very nice indeed.

Great pencil shading and technique! What kind of pencils do you use (HB, 2B, etc.)? Nice renderings everyone!

I hope the interior looks nothing like that drawing. The current interior is better than that! The center stack looks cheap.

173779[/snapback]

Are you serious? :blink:

You should look through the CTS threads to find the interior photos that have been captured. It looks great, pretty much like the interior drawing on this thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you serious?  :blink:

You should look through the CTS threads to find the interior photos that have been captured.  It looks great, pretty much like the interior drawing on this thread.

173860[/snapback]

Seriously. The center stack has too many buttons. The DIC is way too small. Where are the displays for climate control. Why isn't there a NAV system. Why is the clock so large? Etc, etc, etc.

I am 100% serious. This interior already screams "last years model!"

Seriously. The center stack has too many buttons. The DIC is way too small. Where are the displays for climate control. Why isn't there a NAV system. Why is the clock so large? Etc, etc, etc.

I am 100% serious. This interior already screams "last years model!"

177602[/snapback]

The nav is pop up.

The displays for the climate control are the black squares under the center vent angled toward the driver and passenger respectivly.

The clock is so large because that's the way Infinity does it.... and it looks classy.

• 2 weeks later...