Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Chery QQ Crash Test

Guest YellowJacket894

Where in the hell did the airbag go? And why does the steering wheel look melted? :blink:

Cheap Chinese-made piece of $h!. The U.S. government nannies at the NHTSA will laugh their asses off at Malcom Bricklin when he starts importing these things.

Where in the hell did the airbag go? And why does the steering wheel look melted? :blink:

Cheap Chinese-made piece of $h!. The U.S. government nannies at the NHTSA will laugh their asses off at Malcom Bricklin when he starts importing these things.

179800[/snapback]

The QQ won't be imported.

At least the steering column didn't try to decapitate the driver like on the Landwind.

179839[/snapback]

Yeah, I guess they fixed that problem.

Rip-off designs, vehicles more deadly than a Ford with the infamous cruise control switch, sweatshop working conditions, Chinese...what's not to like?

all the liberal yuppie urbanites will like to this imported if consumer reports tells them its ok though

179834[/snapback]

Yeah. I seriously doubt that CR would recommend this to people. It's not as if they were kind to all imports. They shredded the Mitsubishi Montero and pretty much all of Isuzu. And I'm sure they weren't supportive of Hyundai when they first came out.

It's amazing how the door panel ripped completely off the driver's door, yet the door itself is pretty much intact.

The seatbelt looks like it could take someone's head off.

Guest YellowJacket894

Yeah. I seriously doubt that CR would recommend this to people. It's not as if they were kind to all imports. They shredded the Mitsubishi Montero and pretty much all of Isuzu. And I'm sure they weren't supportive of Hyundai when they first came out.

179890[/snapback]

I think the bashing started getting heavy when the Ascender became available...or maybe it was the Hombre...hmmm...

On a related note, I know where I can buy a VehiCross. Maybe I'll test drive it. :scratchchin:

Edited by YellowJacket894

all the liberal yuppie urbanites will like to this imported if consumer reports tells them its ok though

179834[/snapback]

You need to get over the liberal yuppie urbanite bull$hit. It's really wearing thin.

You need to get over the liberal yuppie urbanite bull$hit.  It's really wearing thin.

179919[/snapback]

damn, i forgot to add hippie and npr listening.........

this is a family show, you really ought not to swear.

ok, let me change it then since some people are SOOOOOOO uptight and SENSITIVE. My God, it is true about everyone being so easily offended (read: pu$$-y) these days. Its like telling someone that ugly tie you wore to work is ugly, but not being able to, because they might need to schedule 3 new shrink appointments just to get over the hurt it may cause.

I should have said, "the dangerously and alarmingly large portions of our American society, many who vote, who simply don't have the capacity to think for themselves and tend to gravitate towards whatever some self proclaimed 'expert' tells them to think, in order to feel part of a 'group' and to affirm themselves of making the 'right' choice because they don't have enough self esteem and fortitude to stand up to someone for making a choice on their own"

Sorry I had to clarify that, whew, I feel SOOOO much better now.

The reason we can't say anything in America anymore is because people have no capacity to accept criticism without wilting into personal failure. We have to candy ass it with everyone in this country, because their FRIKKING feelings may get hurt if you have an opposing view or opinion. You aren't strong enough to REFUTE IT or CHALLENGE IT or deal with it if its true. So instead of equipping people to debate facts and opinions and give them enough self confidence to function in spite of criticism, we create a nation of thumbsuckers who basically don't want to discuss serious issues. We might HURT SOMEBODY.

Well maybe in some cases, we NEED to start throwing out the stereotypes again, because often times there's reason why they were there in the first place.

Edited by regfootball

179834[/snapback]

There's truth in this statement.

I'm sure CR would rip this car a new @$$hole at first but if Toyota

rebadged one and sold it as a Toyota Tercel or Scion xQ then CR

would say this was a fantastic car and tell everyone to go out and

buy one since it's a fantastic alternative to the Aveo & Fit.

NPR is very fringe.  Most of middle America is more moderate.

180149[/snapback]

I only ever listen to Morning Edition, Day to Day, All things Considered, and Car Talk.

To me, the news on them seems to be fairly balanced.... I don't hear much "fringe"

well, we seldom hear the anti abortion and NRA takes on NPR, just as an example............

180249[/snapback]

If you did hear about those two topics in the U.S. media it would

go something like this:

Adults buying and registering firearms should be a crime but

drilling holes in baby's heads as a method of birth control is

completely acceptable.

You people don't really listen to NPR do you?

Because unless there was some liberal coding that I missed, the story of growing up autistic I listened to on my way into work and the story about why porch ceilings are painted blue on the ride home seem pretty middle-of-the-road.

Of course, we all know that "Good Food" is a call to boil fetuses in a stew and "Metropolis" is designed to turn y'all into homos. So clever of you to avoid it.

Fine, back to the car- what is that thing made of? The plastic on the inside of the door fared better than the bleeding door did?!? I think you'd have a better chance just running into that barrier at 35 mph...

:lol: @ TMP's comments.

Nothing really wrong with NPR but there's better sources for

news out there. Not that I bother paying attention but if I did

care about World News more than I'd get my 411 from a few

different sources and sort out the facts. Like maybe the BBC,

some Canadian News, German Radio & Slovakian Radio.

Somewhere in the middle the truth would be revealed.

-----

As far as the car it's still ugly, poorly designed & craptastic.

HOw much does this thing cost? 700 Euros?

Edited by Sixty8panther