Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

SO its official

mute

im leaving and not coming back anytime soon

C&G to me has lost a lot of the comradery that it had in the beginning

and honestly some of the better people left because other people are still here

and the same names come up again and again . . . so im out

not sad to leave . . . there are only a few i would say i still have some respect for left here and those people probably have a good idea who they are because they are very few and far between

Considering I haven't been on as long as you, I can honestly say that I'm a bit confused as to this whole C&G going to hell deal.

I guess there are backstories that I'll never know, but with the whole Josh deal and Ah-Ha leaving, not to mention some big arguments in threads, I can sort of see what Mute means. But at the same time, this IS a discussion forum, so arguments are inevitable.

I guess it must be personal attacks. :(

Sad.

Sorry to see a member go. Considering that members form the foundation of this site, this site's only weaker now.

Good Luck dude.

Guest YellowJacket894

no, wait!  i'm back!

186104[/snapback]

Who the hell are you? :unsure:

Sorry to see you leave, Mute. Maybe sometime you'll drop in for a quick visit.

anybody who's leaving is clearly upset that i disappeared for a while! ;P

186111[/snapback]

Good to see you around again, chris! I've noticed your posts and the first time I did I had a :blink: look on my face.

To clear things up, YJ and others, chris was once a C&G Moderator (correct?) back when I started up here..

That's sad. I'm sorry to hear that Mute. I most definitely know what youre talking about, however. There are more than a few stuck up members around here with poles stuck up their asses than in the past. They are annoying, and are not helping C&G a bit. I wish they'd leave. While I'm still one of the most active members here, I definitely don't come here as often as I used to for these reasons. There is a difference between respecting each other like adults and being asses, that some people think they get, but their posts say otherwise... *cough*croc*cough*

I'll miss your pictures and comments.  And pictures.

186152[/snapback]

Yeah, Sci, I know you will.

Seriously, other than your excessive picture posting (narcissicm? :lol: ) and all lower case stuff :lol: , you don't seem like a bad guy, Anthony, and I sure as hell didn't realize there was any friction behind the scenes.

But, you have to do what you have to do.

Edited by trinacriabob

We seem to go through these spells every 6-9 months or so. I can remember a couple other times over the last two years when a bunch of members began leaving for GMI and other sites, some of them long-time posters. I think the problem is that sometimes the posts get too personal...we all need to remember that in many cases, you are judging someone who you may not really know that well. I let pretty much everything roll off my back these days, but I also tend to be pretty non-confrontational.

I personally haven't seen much lately in the way of disrespect or anything, but apparently something is up if Mute is taking off. "Treat others the way you would like to be treated"...it's a great concept that keeps things friendly among people with differing opinions.

Cars should be the driving force that unites us here...not petty arguments that only serve to divide us.

:CG_all:

Mute, take care buddy. If you ever feel like checking back in, C&G is always open 24/7 (except during server crashes!). Peace.

Sorry to hear that Mute, I know what you mean though. :(

P.S. You'll always be an honorary member of T1G#+ VV#!P$ :)

Draaaama...!!

:rolleyes:

186406[/snapback]

What he said. Its like when Josh "left" only with far fewer implications in the future of C&G. I dont get why people who grow disenchanted with C&G cant just go away. Lord Strafford (who I didn't like at all) just left, no big dramatic, "I'm leaving and you're all going to miss me" bs but sadly thats the exception. The rule is that people have to have big dramatic "To hell with C&G" (Leeron) type threads where they express how the site has gone downhill and will be far worse off without them. Guess what, C&G continues and in a week nobody will remember you or the contributions you made. Live with it.

With Satty and CD/BP. This might sound shallow, but all I remember of mute were the posts of pictures, working @ Starbucks and namedropping all the hot chicks he's dated or met there, the pregnancy scare, and then him getting pissy when we wouldn't co-sign his desire for gauges (sp?) in his ears. He seemed cool enough and honestly never really irritated me, but I can't think of any sterling contribution either that will throw me into deep depression with his absence. To each his own I guess...but I'm definitely with Camino in thinking the pettiness has gone down a LOT in the last few months and C&G being at a zenith of sorts.

He seemed cool enough and honestly never really irritated me, but I can't think of any sterling contribution either that will throw me into deep depression with his absence. 

186435[/snapback]

Funny and worded in an interesting way! :lol:

you gotta be kiddin me......................

Some members here said it best, no need to repeat what they worded so well.

Its a bit funny to hear Sylvestor and Viper make statements about poor behavior on behalf of others.......................Im sure Im not on the :hissyfit: list............................. :lol:

Tuffen up ! Sometime people get what they deserve in a topic, myself included, sometime people misunderstand, myself included, sometimes people cant take it anymore and give it right back, myself included, sometimes people get way to pissed off to stick around, myself included

if your gonna take a break, take a break. Its a bit childish to place a post to see if someone begs you to stay.

Let me know where you go so I can follow you there and further torment you......... :thumbsup:

I know for a fact that LordStafford left mostly becasue

of a couple of individuals who have already posted in

this thread. O.B. know's what I'm talking about.

Lord Stafford was another true car fanatic who had

much to contribute but was called stupid & told that he

was living in the past just because he was a fan of RWD

V8 powered BOF land yachts. Nevermind his beater

was a Taurus (V6, FWD, unibody) and the car he

bought just before he left was a Lincoln MKVIII. Once

certain people think you fit a stereotype you are locked

forever as a "____". That's very sad.

BTW:

...Its a bit funny to hear Sylvestor and Viper make statements...

186537[/snapback]

It's Silvester.

Normally outside of Europe it's Sylvester

instead of with an i but where's the o

coming from? Not that it matters much but I find it odd.

Thats not it at all Syl, its about attitude. Hey, I have mine about satruins, asain cars and wives tales.

Stafford got a bit wise with me to and he was all washed up, still he didnt want to hear it. It had nothing to do with cars. He didnt argue, debate or nothing, he located some bias reports, didnt know how to interpret them, then just made a statement that I was wrong, overdramatic, paranoid, right wing believe everything I hear and he was right, end of conversation......................Say whaa ?

Even his user name reaked of arrogance

maybe I should have chosen "His Razorness"

Your calling all us wimppy, talentless, stupid, drawn in drivers because of FWD is EXACTlY what you just critized for...................." Once

forever as a "____".

Just more stuff to think about from His Holy Razorness................... :rolleyes:

Im more than happy to ease up when others do................well except on that satruin thing....................never !

Mark this date.... August 29, 2006.

I completely AGREE with razor AND Croc. At the SAME time no less.

:lol:

(hm....is that the apocalypse outside my window??)

186604[/snapback]

I said it before in jest Ill say it again. Im not the devil, just his son.

Seriously I have a view of life from the bottom, and I havent always been here. Thats why I have an aggressive nature when I believe someone is not willing to see the big picture.

AND seriously, thanks for making note, publicly. Wanna talk about putting your head on the tracks................. :stupid:

186573[/snapback]

I believe what contributed heavily to LordStafford's departue was BYEBMW. He supported him, why, I'll never know, but it was sad that he did.

Honestly, I have no clue why you are leaving. If you're having problems with other members... why not go to the Mods and complain. Or when leaving, just stop posting instead of making this huge deal about it. If I stop posting here because people piss me off *cough*croc*cough* :AH-HA_wink: , I'll leave silently and no one will even notice.

Mark this date.... August 29, 2006.

I completely AGREE with razor AND Croc. At the SAME time no less.

:lol:

(hm....is that the apocalypse outside my window??)

186604[/snapback]

No seriously...I was thinking the same exact thing earlier haha

Oh, and for the record, threads like this announcing you're leaving because you're sick of the site are lame.

Sorry, but I feel that way.

186658[/snapback]

Agreed.

It's one thing if someone is leaving for a real reason (like going off to war-helping

someone in other places)-but being pissed and leaving...

Do you plan to go out with a bang or something?

People change, times change.

You can't live in a mini-orgy of C&G love forever....

Its a bit funny to hear Sylvestor and Viper make statements about poor behavior on behalf of others...Im sure Im not on the hissyfit list...

It's not me, it's others. Duh. I'm a perfect little angel unless I have to boot someone into hell. :P

Sometime people get what they deserve in a topic, myself included, sometime people misunderstand, myself included, sometimes people cant take it anymore and give it right back, myself included, sometimes people get way to pissed off to stick around, myself included

186537[/snapback]

:withstupid: Literally. :D

Honestly, I have no clue why you are leaving.  If you're having problems with other members... why not go to the Mods and complain.  Or when leaving, just stop posting instead of making this huge deal about it.  If I stop posting here because people piss me off *cough*croc*cough* :AH-HA_wink: , I'll leave silently and no one will even notice.

186657[/snapback]

Hey... I'm the only one to publically hate Croc. Stick with the many others and be private. :lol:

Lord Stafford was another true car fanatic who had

much to contribute but was called stupid & told that he

was living in the past just because he was a fan of RWD

V8 powered BOF land yachts. Nevermind his beater

was a Taurus (V6, FWD, unibody) and the car he

bought just before he left was a Lincoln MKVIII. Once

forever as a "____". That's very sad.

186573[/snapback]

I know you are all about RWD but I know you still have GM's back and if my family were to get say a monte carlo SS you would be accepting of it but not approving of it lol.... sly you are cool wish you were on AIM more often.

Sorry to see you go Mute.

I would say I don't undersand why, but I kind of do after reading this thread. Does everything have to turn into a stitch-n-bitch nowadays? It's like a bunch of male cats trying to mark the same territory. We've all gotten pretty uptight as of late, maybe what this place needs is a good chill session.

BYEBMW... I barely remember that guy except for the fact that

for some reason he was on someone's $h! list. IIRC there was

a few times I agreed with him since he was on my side of some

argument and then a few times he came out of left field with

really weird statements.

Lord Stafford was never arrogant to me, there was a few times

we disagreed but he was my first true "friend" on here. We still

e-mail on occasion.

As far as making fun of Saturn, I think that SatURINE is much

funnier than SatRUIN. But in either case the Sky has made me

not hate the "Different Kind of Car Company". Before the Sky

I considered Saturn to be an Annoying Idiot who has nothing

to contribute... now I think of them more like an Autistic kid.

I know you are all about RWD but I know you still have GM's back and if my family were to get say a monte carlo SS you would be accepting of it but not approving of it lol.... sly you are cool wish you were on AIM more often.

186779[/snapback]

Thanks buddy... I'll log in sometime soon. This whole move thing has left me

with little down time and what I do have I waste on here. :P

I have been thinking I need to say "Hi" more often though.

-----

BlkVpr: Right off the top of my head I can think of two other people on C&G

who would like to stab Croc with a rusty shank given the chance. Okay

maybe that's going way too far but that's the nature of Freudian Slips. :ph34r: