Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Sketch Competition #11 - NG Small Pickup

Welcome to Sketch Competition #11!

Posted Image

The current GMT-355 compact pickup trucks are solid trucks without question. In spirit, they're a natural follow on to the S-series trucks. However, they lack the appeal of their precedcessors. Some see the styling inside and out as too tepid, too weird, or too old. Some just plain think the size is all wrong. What's to be done about it?

Its up to you.

Your task, should you choose to accept it, is to design the next generation of compact GM pickup trucks. Your sketch should include at minimum 2 (two) of the following:

-3/4 Front View

-3/4 Rear View

-Interior View

Remember, people will be voting based on the overall presentation of your entry, so the more views, the better, including ones not specifically listed above. Also, if you want to include special features, by all means point them out!

Aside from 800x600 size guidelines, remember this must be a GM-branded vehicle. The Chevrolet and GMC divisions encompass GM's traditional truck market, but you may certainly think outside the box and design one for another division as long as you think it makes sense...maybe HUMMER? You can use a mixture of heritage cues for break from all tradition, its up to you.

The winner will recieve a GM-related prize!

Deadline is Friday, December 8th @ 11:59PM your local time.

Good luck! :CG_all:

Guest YellowJacket894

GMan: Nice concept. GM should've built or baked in some inspiration from the Borrego concept into a truck. That was a sweet concept.

Zulehan: Nice idea. A scaled-down Silverado would make for a nice Colorado.

Maybe I'll enter this if I get the time. We'll see.

Here is my entry, the all-new, completely redesigned GMC Canyon. It takes some of the Sierra HD's front style cues, with all new side and rear designs.

215489[/snapback]

I see what your trying to do, but that looks like a car.

Nice job Dart!!! I love the angles you used and the quality. The rear is very nice however, the front is pretty hideous. If you moved the grill up and made it less boxy it would be better. I also dont like what you did with that body line. It reminds me of the AMC Gremlin. Interesting, though and very unique. Good job.

I'm A little confused on the rules....

IF you win a prize, do you end up giving out personal shipping info?

Also, if you enter a contest, does it have to be a certain size?

BTW, dart I like your entry, but your tailligts seem to be Impala-ish.

Edited by Peugeot_206

I'm A little confused on the rules....

IF you win a prize, do you end up giving out personal shipping info?

Yes, in order for the prize to be sent to you. We will be modifying some of the prizes in the coming year.

Also, if you enter a contest, does it have to be a certain size?

219845[/snapback]

Yes, please try to resize your entry as close as you can to 800x600.

• 2 weeks later...

This contest's deadline has been officially extended (again) to Friday, December 8th @ 11:59PM. A few people have notified me that they've had a few problems uploading their entries, so anyone else, use this opportunity to put pencil to paper and get your entry in, too!

This contest's deadline has been officially extended (again) to Friday, December 8th @ 11:59PM. A few people have notified me that they've had a few problems uploading their entries, so anyone else, use this opportunity to put pencil to paper and get your entry in, too!

224565[/snapback]

ill do my best to have something in by the end of today (if i dont than carry on without me!)