2008 Cadillac STS Platinum

Flybrian

PRESS RELEASE:

GM @ LAIAS

2008 CADILLAC STS PLATINUM

Posted Image

LOS ANGELES An elegant tradition of hand-crafted luxury is being redefined for a new generation, as Cadillac today introduces the Platinum Series for the XLR roadster and STS and DTS sedans. The Platinum Series is a limited-edition collection of vehicles including additional elegant design touches, and continues Cadillac’s reinvention of its interior styling and appointments.

Cadillac’s landmark V-series extended the brand’s credentials into the elite-level performance arena. Now the Platinum Series aims to do the same in the luxury direction. The vehicles were inspired by the very popular Escalade ESV Platinum that was offered between the 2004 and 2006 model years and introduced many new luxury features to the luxury SUV marketplace.

“The Platinum Series is a natural addition to the Cadillac brand, extending the luxury appeal of our products,” said Cadillac General Manager Jim Taylor. “Platinum also joins the new 2007 SRX and our V-Series cars as examples of Cadillac’s return to hand-crafted interiors, an important addition to the ongoing renaissance of the brand.”

Cadillac’s limited-edition Platinum models feature ultra-premium details such as a generous use of chrome, authentic wood and luxurious upholstery, as well as Cadillac’s precision hand-crafted interiors, executed by craftsmen who cut, wrap and sew cabin components individually.

The STS Platinum sedan extends the luxurious look and feel of the STS with elements such as 18-inch chrome-finish wheels; a brighter chrome-finish grille; a Glacier Gold exterior finish; bright chrome inserts on the exterior door handles and Platinum badging.

On the inside, STS Platinum features hand-cut, sewn and wrapped instrument panel, door trim and center console areas. The seats are fully leather, a semi-aniline variety called Tuscany. Luxury touches include chrome accents on the instrument panel and doors, a leather-wrapped and heated steering wheel, olive ash burl wood accents with a saddle-stained shade, premium floor mats and a Platinum badge of the door sill. STS Platinum comes in either a Cocoa over Cashmere or an Ebony interior color scheme.

The Cadillac STS Platinum will be available in the first quarter of 2007, in either the V-6 or Northstar V-8-powered versions of the car.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Okay then, I take back what I said in the other thread with the STS-V spy pics...guess the bigger changes for this car aren't coming until at least '09. Not that this car has a lot of issues, but anything to at least dress up the interior is MORE than welcome.

The way the wood is around the vents looks so after-market.  This car needs the Chinese interior, STAT!

The wood does remind me of the kind in my father's old 1990 Fleetwood...

221055[/snapback]

I cannot see anyone paying a premium for this. The DTS on the other hand, the changes are very palpable.

I wish I hadn't viewed the DTS Platinum interior before I viewed this one.

That wood looks fake to me, even if it is real. It'd look better if it was real aluminum or some other metal.

Then again, this would be the Ebony interior... The Cocoa over Cashmere interior sounds way nicer.

So what's the Glacier Gold exterior look like? I just see the nice Black Raven...still, just a nice special edition trim package with an unexciting name.

It's actually quite nice in person. Like the SRX, the stitched upper dash material actually isn't leather, but it's an improvement over the brittle and coarse stuff from the base STS. The lower dash and doors are covered with fine-grain leather... it extends even down into the door bins.

My only complaint is that the inferior feels claustrophobic, confining, and overstuffed.

The statement says the STS Platinum offers either the Ebony Interior or a Cocoa over Cashmere Interior--but check-out the following live photos:

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/11/29/la-auto...latinum-series/

The STS Platinum shown has an all Cashmere Interior--what is the accurate information? In my opinion, the Cocoa over Cashmere combination looks bad--it is a commendable idea (i.e. a two-toned interior) but is executed poorly--the two-tone leathers of the Collector Series Eldorados of 2002 were much more nicely done. The Glacier Gold exterior color looks nice, but it lacks creativity in naming the color--Cadillac already offers a Glacier White color! I sure hope the all Cashmere color interior is also offered on the DTS Platinum, and I hope plans are undeway for the next generation CTS to offer a Platinum Edition!

• 2 months later...

They didn't go far enough. A special edition/Platinum should have a nice chrome bodyside door molding, more distintive front end treatment and a nice interior. This car is so sterile like a cold hard German car that it virtually goes unnoticed at several local dealerships. Meanwhile the Escalade and DTS are being snapped up like crazy because they LOOK like Cadillacs.

• 2 weeks later...

^:rolleyes:

Hmmm, maybe I should go to this show. My problem is the unusual sights and smells that you always seem to see in Manhattan!

Theres plenty of weird ass mother f*ers wandering around here. Thats for damn sure. :smilewide:

Well, now depends where you are. Chances are if you grew up on a horse farm you wont notice. But tell you what one stroll down Mulberry st. and you'll forget all about it. but be warned one block over is Chinatown. May smell good may smell like fish...You never know. sometimes you get coffee or butterscotch, too. (no one knows where the butterscotch comes from) Brooklyn is much better though, theres lots of good bakeries to keep you preoccupied.

oh, but be careful. After 7:30 you will get mugged, beaten and possibly violated...sexually. :rolleyes:

:lol:

Edited by Mr.Krinkle