F-ing media

I just watched a piece on ABC news so full of inaccuracies and negative slant against the automakers(domestic only,of course) that it nearly made me physically ill.

Damn! They could, at least, be accurate in their reporting. Rotten bastards!

On local Detroit news, I watched one reporter (completely Auto-illiterate) go on and on about how GM was trying hard to "shore up" it's image for quality... no mention of gains in interior quality or exciting new product .... then they showed an H2 which hit an armored car and killed a guard, he refered to it as a Humvee

about 10 times ....what a dufus. If you don't know a damn thing about cars, you shouldn't be talking about them on TV!

This is what I posted on ABC's message board Under the title " Dean Reynolds should be ashamed":

The shoddy bit of fluff he just reported on World News was the most inaccurate,slanted bit of reporting I've seen lately. Though it may be fashionable to slant all reports against the Detroit automakers, reporters should at least endeavour to be accurate. In this report on the "Detroit Auto Show" (more properly the North American International Auto Show), Mr Reynolds spouted off some entirely inaccurate "facts" concerning several of the models mentioned. The Chevrolet Camaro is approved for production in 2008 as a 2009 model. No ifs about it as indicvated in the piece. The Chevrolet Volt show car could be produced by 2010-2012 according to GM, not the "ten years" reported in the piece. The Chrysler minivans shown are new editions of segment sales leaders that have never been bested in sales, yet the slant of the pice indicates that Chrysler execs are "pleading" for sales. The Ford Interceptor is a thinly disguised look at Ford's plans for a new RWD sedan, not some pie-in-the-sky dream car. Do your homework Dean, or at least have someone check your facts.

The negative slant against the domestic automakers in this piece is undeserved and behind the times. Look a little deeper and you will find that the Big 3 have more than simply caught up to the imports, in many segments they are class-leaders. Check it for yourself.

This is what I posted on ABC's message board Under the title " Dean Reynolds should be ashamed":

The shoddy bit of fluff he just reported on World News was the most inaccurate,slanted bit of reporting I've seen lately. Though it may be fashionable to slant all reports against the Detroit automakers, reporters should at least endeavour to be accurate. In this report on the "Detroit Auto Show" (more properly the North American International Auto Show), Mr Reynolds spouted off some entirely inaccurate "facts" concerning several of the models mentioned. The Chevrolet Camaro is approved for production in 2008 as a 2009 model. No ifs about it as indicvated in the piece. The Chevrolet Volt show car could be produced by 2010-2012 according to GM, not the "ten years" reported in the piece. The Chrysler minivans shown are new editions of segment sales leaders that have never been bested in sales, yet the slant of the pice indicates that Chrysler execs are "pleading" for sales. The Ford Interceptor is a thinly disguised look at Ford's plans for a new RWD sedan, not some pie-in-the-sky dream car. Do your homework Dean, or at least have someone check your facts.

The negative slant against the domestic automakers in this piece is undeserved and behind the times. Look a little deeper and you will find that the Big 3 have more than simply caught up to the imports, in many segments they are class-leaders. Check it for yourself.

Well said :unitedstates::cheering::unitedstates:

there is a video of the report on their site.. go here

http://abcnews.go.com/

click Video in the menu on the left...

Then Science and Technology

Then about the 4th one down "Automakers showcase...."

Cool. Thanks for posting this. I wonder if it is the same as what went on the air. I won't be able to tell as my computer has no sound at the moment.

Monday's NBC news did a small peice basically saying the domestics are fighting to survive with Ford's CEO saying that Toyota is the best and that Ford will do everything it can to copy Toyota. No mention of the Voltz or GM winning both awards on Sunday. Sometimes it better not to watch.

Poll update: People who would buy an American car are ahead by 300 votes now. This must be circulating in the Ren Center.

Edited by I hope GMRULES again

Good job Camino! 8)

Monday's NBC news did a small peice basically saying the domestics are fighting to survive with Ford's CEO saying that Toyota is the best and that Ford will do everything it can to copy Toyota. No mention of the Voltz or GM winning both awards on Sunday. Sometimes it better not to watch.

But the Chevrolet Volt (Voltz was a Toyota badged Pontiac Vibe) is not ground-breaking. And I truly believe that there was some sort of "backlash" that made the Aura win that award...I don't feel that the Aura deserved the win.

Much of the buzz from NAIAS was pro-domestics, but by default. Ford made many announcements as did GM and Chrysler...and the import-brands were relatively quiet.