• Memory package
  • 8-way power driver's seat w/4-way lumbar
  • 4-way power passenger seat w/4-way lumbar
  • Heated front seats
  • 19" aluminum wheels
Optional Equipment
  • Cargo net and shade
  • Second-row console
  • Driver Confidence Package - remote start, Ultrasonic park assist, heated fluid
  • 10-speaker Bose 5.1 stereo w/navigation and backup camera
  • Luxury Package - power folding OSRV mirrors, articulating headlamps, power tilt/telescope, 110V inverter - (CXL only)
  • Sunroof with fixed aft skylight
I'm unhappy with the option packages; they seem a bit...light. Non-standard leather? Driver Confidence Package should be standard fare on the CXL. A 4-way passenger seat on the CXL? What's with that crap? Its clear this isn't going to be a $30,000 vehicle.

So far, chalk me up as disappointed. It seems like they're holding back in anticipation of the V8 CXS/Ultra which isn't even close to being out yet. Bad, bad move. Sure, its a pretty look, but things like this make me want to stick to real cars where you at least get value for your money.

I don't see why the passenger seat should only be 4-way power when the driver's is 8-way.

Some of the standard features on CX are great. Xenons, power liftgate, tri-zone automatic climate control, and leather-wrapped steering wheel with real wood? I weren't expecting all of those to be standard on the base model. 19s standard on CXL is also impressive.

I think one thing is certain: the Enclave is going to be a somewhat expensive vehicle.

That's gotta be a typo about the 4-way power passenger...don't Acadia and OUTLOOK have 8-way? The Buick won't be downgraded from these in any way guaranteed.

Nope. Apparently, no Lambda has a passenger height adjuster. Very disappointing.

I would like to contrast Enclave's deficiency thusly:

Lucerne - 6-way (std CXL), 8-way (opt CXL, std CXS)

LaCrosse - 6-way (opt CXL, CXS)

Terraza - 6-way (opt CXL), 8-way (std CXS)

Rainier - 8-way (std on all)

Rendezvous - 6-way (std CXL)

Enclave sure looks luxurious. Too bad its not.

Nope. Apparently, no Lambda has a passenger height adjuster. Very disappointing.

I would like to contrast Enclave's deficiency thusly:

Lucerne - 6-way (std CXL), 8-way (opt CXL, std CXS)

LaCrosse - 6-way (opt CXL, CXS)

Terraza - 6-way (opt CXL), 8-way (std CXS)

Rainier - 8-way (std on all)

Rendezvous - 6-way (std CXL)

Enclave sure looks luxurious. Too bad its not.

Terraza doesn't have a CXS trim.

Enclave Ordering Guide Highlights

Posted Image

Standard on CX and CXL

• HID Xenon headlamps
  • Halogen projector foglamps
  • Power liftgate
  • Chrome roofrails
  • 3.6l V6 (275hp/251lb-ft) with 6-speed automatic & dual exhaust
  • Stabilitrak/traction control
  • Tri-zone automatic climate control
  • 7-pass seating w/second row captain's chairs
  • Tilt/telescope leather-wrapped steering wheel with genuine wood trim
Standard on CXL
  • Memory package
  • 8-way power driver's seat w/4-way lumbar
  • 4-way power passenger seat w/4-way lumbar
  • Heated front seats
  • 19" aluminum wheels
Optional Equipment
  • Cargo net and shade
  • Second-row console
  • Driver Confidence Package - remote start, Ultrasonic park assist, heated fluid
  • 10-speaker Bose 5.1 stereo w/navigation and backup camera
  • Luxury Package - power folding OSRV mirrors, articulating headlamps, power tilt/telescope, 110V inverter - (CXL only)
  • Sunroof with fixed aft skylight
I'm unhappy with the option packages; they seem a bit...light. Non-standard leather? Driver Confidence Package should be standard fare on the CXL. A 4-way passenger seat on the CXL? What's with that crap? Its clear this isn't going to be a $30,000 vehicle.

So far, chalk me up as disappointed. It seems like they're holding back in anticipation of the V8 CXS/Ultra which isn't even close to being out yet. Bad, bad move. Sure, its a pretty look, but things like this make me want to stick to real cars where you at least get value for your money.

I'm not sure where this leather option is that you're concerned about...but in any event

Why would leather be standard? First of all, not everybody wants leather. Second of all; look at BMW and MB. 5 series for example, leatherette is standard, the leather by itself is a $1450 option...and that's on a car with a base sticker of $43,000.

Stop being so nit-picky, you want a $50,000 vehicle at a $30,000 price tag.

I don't know that I've ever seen such an attractive, powerful, feature-laden vehicle disqualified as luxurious over something so totally insignificant.

Because its more needless decontenting.

Maybe I'm exaggerating, maybe I'm not right in the head, but I really really hope its a typo or a mis-statement in the prelim information because its going to be an expensive vehicle to not have a full power passenger seat, something that is important for comfort in a luxury vehicle.

This is terrific! The features list is just right, at least for us, and should we ever decide on one instead of a new GMT-900, it's just great that you'll be able to get a CX with cloth that ALSO has HID's, power liftgate, and more. The Saturn is similar in this regard, except for being more options, but the GMC does suffer a bit with its arrangement.

Make ours a White Diamond/Cocoa cloth CX FWD with the machined wheels, and that's perfect.

I don't think leather needs to be standard. Not everyone wants leather. The 8-way passenger seat should be standard though. If the driver's seat has it, wouldn't it have been simpler to just make one type of power seat instead of two (4-way and 8-way?). The GTO had 8-way power seats for both passenger and driver standard, and the Enclave is much more up-market.

I don't think leather needs to be standard. Not everyone wants leather. The 8-way passenger seat should be standard though. If the driver's seat has it, wouldn't it have been simpler to just make one type of power seat instead of two (4-way and 8-way?). The GTO had 8-way power seats for both passenger and driver standard, and the Enclave is much more up-market.

Very much agreed on that. My mother had one vehicle with leather just because it was standard, and vowed never again--cloth has suited her well, and is most always very comfortable. Done well, and of the proper quality, it can look just as fitting and elegant as well. So I'm definitely of the crowd happy on that choice.

I do, however, wish BOTH seats were power. Strangely enough, years ago, dual power seats was a standard on many GM cars and trucks but then quickly went away with decontenting. We had an '02 Avalanche, for example, that came with side airbags standard, manual lumbar control (not power, but terrific), and 6-way driver AND passenger seats. In '02 and before, as long as you got buckets, even on lower models, they were all like this. Then in '03, it went away. We got an '04 Suburban afterwards that, despite being newer and more expensive, has no side airbags, no lumbar control, and only the driver's seat is power. The airbags weren't a deal killer, and the lumbar was a favorite of my father but could be lived without, but a clunky manual seat in a $40k+ truck was and is just dumb.

Same case here, again. The decontenting isn't as glaring with most new GM models, but vehicles of a class and price like this (Enclave, GMT-900's, etc.) should all have dual power seats standard.

ALL that said, however, this information on the Enclave's equipment is still great. She's vowed that a Tahoe or Yukon will be the Suburban's replacement in a year or more, but definitely liked the Enclave the first time she saw it on TV (got an "Wow, I'd drive that."), and being that I now see she could get on in perfect specs, I might be able to ween my mother to one of these a bit more persuasively now.

Fly if you were to buy an Enclave, are you planning on spending your time in the passenger seat or the driver's? 4 way power is fine for the passenger seat, they don't need 8 way power IMO, as that should be used for driver's of all shapes and sizes to get a better driving position. I see nothing wrong with having a 4 way power passenger seat unless you're looking for bragging rights at the yacht club.

Fly if you were to buy an Enclave, are you planning on spending your time in the passenger seat or the driver's? 4 way power is fine for the passenger seat, they don't need 8 way power IMO, as that should be used for driver's of all shapes and sizes to get a better driving position. I see nothing wrong with having a 4 way power passenger seat unless you're looking for bragging rights at the yacht club.

Well, if they were really going for bragging rights, they probably would talk about their new 7 series with 16-way front seats and 10-way rear seats.

In more direct comparison, the 3.0 SAV has standard power 8-way for both front driver and passenger seats.

DeltaForce: You need a height adjuster for the passenger. Tall passengers need it to move the seat down so their head isn't smashed against the ceiling and short passengers need it moved up so that the airbag isn't gonna bop them in the eye. It is a safety feature for that very reason, especially since the airbag doesn't adjust. How GM could do this is beyond me, so it damn well better be a typo.

Posted Image

Not only is it going to 'bop you in the eye', it's going to bop you in everything from the kneecap to the baseball cap. Unless your power seat can raise you all the way thru the sunroof, there's no way to avoid something so large & broad. Then again, I believe that might be the point.

An 8-way power passenger seat is in no way a safety issue; it's a gadget.

>>"a clunky manual seat in a $40k+ truck was and is just dumb."<<

I have manual seats in my truck, which stickered at $39K & change. I've never adjusted the driver's after Day 1, and no passenger has ever adjusted theirs, tho they've been 5'0" to 6'3"; in fact none have ever tried or asked.

Look, I have no problem if people want to pay for the option- that they get it. But this issue is not that monsterous of deal that 'GM is stoopit' and 'the Enclave ain't a lux truck without it standard'. The gushing & raves over the styling should still be flying hot & heavy; we shouldn't already be at the point we're building federal cases over 4- vs. 8-way power controls on a passenger seat. IMO

Look, I have no problem if people want to pay for the option- that they get it. But this issue is not that monsterous of deal that 'GM is stoopit' and 'the Enclave ain't a lux truck without it standard'.

That's the point. They can't even pay for it apparently. Furthermore, GM is stupid because cheaper and less luxurious cars have it.

Sure, a height adjuster is a non-issue to the driver, but so is a 2nd-row console and tri-zone climate control. These aren't necessary either, yet the Enclave has them. Luxury is not merely so simple as swathing the driver in luxury at the expense of all others; its about providing all occupants with a premium level of comfort. The necessity argument fails due to that. The pricing argument fails because this is going to be a rather pricey vehicle as-is. It fails even moreso because this is a Buick. If I can get a 6-way passenger seat in an Impala, what's the excuse here?

DeltaForce: You need a height adjuster for the passenger. Tall passengers need it to move the seat down so their head isn't smashed against the ceiling and short passengers need it moved up so that the airbag isn't gonna bop them in the eye. It is a safety feature for that very reason, especially since the airbag doesn't adjust. How GM could do this is beyond me, so it damn well better be a typo.

This isn't a subcompact CUV... It'll be one of the largest CUVs on the market... similar in size to a Tahoe.

:nono:

From what I can tell, the following mainstream-to-premium CUVs have standard (from entry to Limited) 4-way front passenger seats:

Chrysler Pacifica

Subaru Tribeca

Honda Pilot

Jeep Commander

Mazda CX-9

Toyota Highlander

Nissan Murano

The Following luxury CUVs have 8-way passenger seats standard:

Lexus RX350

Acura MDX

Lincoln MKX

Infiniti FX35

VW Touareg

Yes... as much as I would like the Enclave to match feature for feature against the luxury CUVs, it is definitely not a safety issue or even unheard of in this market! We do not know pricing, and the standard feature+option list is still sizeable even though the Enclave only goes up to CXL trim (at this time).

It's a given that the Enclave will under-cut all of the above-mentioned luxury CUVs. Considering the premium mainstream brands (like Subaru, Toyota, Chrysler, & Honda) get away with this, I don't see why Buick can't for the moment. Considering the premium mainstream brands get away with this (Subaru, Toyota, Chrysler, & Honda) I can't see how this is really a big deal to most of you that are complaining since you've allowed this to be a non-issue (and not a deal-breaker) all this time. Moving on....

It's a highly anticipated vehicle that they can continue adding on more standard options as extra incentives as time goes on and the vehicle becomes less interesting. A boatload more features than when the vehicle debuted is one way, albeit the shifty and corporate way, to keep extended interest in the vehicle. As "light" as the options are the vehicle is pretty solid.

While an 8-way passenger seat would be nice, it's not necessary. This is not a small SUV...it's a big one, so hight adjustment isn't needed for the passenger. Also, there isn't a safety issue, and bringing it up is just silly. Also, if we're gonna bitch about how the passenger is only 4-way, why not bitch that the driver's isn't 11-way? I know there are cars that have way more than 8 -way seats.

This is almost as silly as when we bitched about the lack of LED taillights on this car...give the poor thing a break.

Edited by Dodgefan

So raising the seat to avoid the passenger airbag is now a saftey issue? and then what raise the seat to max height and then get t-boned and break your neck by the curtain airbags? This is in no way a saftey measure by which survial during an impact hinges on. This is in fact a matter of personal perfernce. I don't see what all of the fuss is about, its just something else to fail on the vehicle down the road, and if you plan on adjusting the seats that often, then that replacement seat motor will be needed probably before the damn warranty expires. The fact remains whether it is a 4-way or 8-way seat, the Enclave is one of the best looking, if not the best product to come out of GM in a very long time IMO, has ample power for a V6, a beautiful interior, superior fit and finish on par with some of the best Luxury SUV's CUV's out there, and is no doubt going to be Buick's halo vehicle when it goes on sale. Cut the General some slack and just be glad they brought this thing to market as almost a mirror image of the concept.

So if it is common knowledge to have your children riding in the back, seat height up front is not an issue. and with optional 8 passenger seating in the Enclave, there is plenty of room for the kids in back and mommy and daddy up front...case closed

Edited by Delta Force79

Then riddle me this, guys: why are short people i.e. children supposed to ride in the back seat? Why have weight detection systems been put in passenger seats? The airbag is supposed to hit someone in the chest first, not the face.

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/kids/research/airbag/index.html

THE FIVE MOST FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT AIRBAGS.

Why are airbags dangerous to children, newborns and toddlers?

Airbags are designed to inflate in the blink of an eye - that takes an incredible amount of force. That same force can severely hurt or kill passengers and drivers who are too close to the dashboard. It's always best to buckle all children under 12 in the back seat.

How come airbags work for adults but not for children?

An average size adult who is wearing their seat belt correctly is not likely to come in contact with the airbag until it's completely inflated. Unbelted or improperly belted children can easily fly off the seat when a driver slams the brakes to avoid a crash. That throws them to the dashboard where the force of the airbag inflating can cause serious injury or death.

Why are children safer in the back seat?

There are more head-on crashes than any other type. In the back seat, children are farthest away from the impact and from the risk associated with an inflating airbag.

Isn't it less safe to have a baby in the back seat where the parent can't see them?

No. The risk of having a serious crash is far more likely than the baby having a life threatening problem in the back seat. It's best to think of it as if you are putting the baby down for a nap. This way drivers can concentrate on the road.

Are short adults at risk with airbags just like children?

In general, no. As long as adults are correctly belted and at least 10 inches from the steering wheel the airbag will be fully inflated before they hit it.

Aside from the recent dive into discussing power seats and airbags, I still think the standard/optional levels on the Enclave are terrific and should only help it do that much better.

NOW the real question is what pricing will be. The Saturn and GMC both start under $30k, so I could see a CX FWD Enclave starting right around $30k or a bit more, given it's somewhat higher level of standards.

Then riddle me this, guys: why are short people i.e. children supposed to ride in the back seat? Why have weight detection systems been put in passenger seats? The airbag is supposed to hit someone in the chest first, not the face.

Such systems won't work for children over 65 lbs.

As far as equipment goes, I think it's fine. Buick shouldn't move upmarket too quickly, as the Enclave is more of a premium entry than a luxury one. It wasn't engineered to be an X5/Cayenne/SRX/etc competitor, but more of a nicely-finished large mainstream SUV instead.

18" wheels standard? gosh the tire companies are getting rich! lol

good stuff though, i bet it's going to start at $32k or so

That's what I'm thinking too-since Outlook XE starts at $27,990; Acadia SLE at $29,990-makes sense that Enclave CX FWD would be....well....$31,990? I love these Lambdas, especially the Acadia I was in last week, but I still don't see how having all three makes sense-its too bad Enclave is stuck with the same piddling, so-so color selection of the others, and I'm still trying to understand why there's no Black or standard Metallic Red (i.e. Sonoma Red?) And no, the Carbon Metallic (which was on the fully loaded, $45,100 SLT-2 Acadia I checked out), a dark warm grey that is nothing like the Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl at Dodge/Chrysler, is a substitute. This is the first Buick with Xenon headlamps, right? I'm sitll impressed, but I also don't know why passenger seats only get a 4-way power adjustment, not even a 6-way. And also, note to GM, make these 2nd row seats recline! That was my only non-color complaint on the Lambdas!

So, what are the directions of the 4-ways anyway? Forward and backwards are two... we know it doesn't have a height adjuster, so that's not one. Tilt? Recline? What are the other two directions?

I don't know that I've ever seen such an attractive, powerful, feature-laden vehicle disqualified as luxurious over something so totally insignificant.

Because it's one more example of GM missing the details.......it's the way they cost-cut thinking no one will notice or care......

It's hardly "insignificant."

This isn't a subcompact CUV... It'll be one of the largest CUVs on the market... similar in size to a Tahoe.

:nono:

From what I can tell, the following mainstream-to-premium CUVs have standard (from entry to Limited) 4-way front passenger seats:

Chrysler Pacifica

Subaru Tribeca

Honda Pilot

Jeep Commander

Mazda CX-9

Toyota Highlander

Nissan Murano

The Following luxury CUVs have 8-way passenger seats standard:

Lexus RX350

Acura MDX

Lincoln MKX

Infiniti FX35

VW Touareg

Yes... as much as I would like the Enclave to match feature for feature against the luxury CUVs, it is definitely not a safety issue or even unheard of in this market! We do not know pricing, and the standard feature+option list is still sizeable even though the Enclave only goes up to CXL trim (at this time).

It's a given that the Enclave will under-cut all of the above-mentioned luxury CUVs. Considering the premium mainstream brands (like Subaru, Toyota, Chrysler, & Honda) get away with this, I don't see why Buick can't for the moment. Considering the premium mainstream brands get away with this (Subaru, Toyota, Chrysler, & Honda) I can't see how this is really a big deal to most of you that are complaining since you've allowed this to be a non-issue (and not a deal-breaker) all this time. Moving on....

How many of those above are 4-way fore-and-aft AND up-and-down (but with a MANUAL recliner?)

While an 8-way passenger seat would be nice, it's not necessary. This is not a small SUV...it's a big one, so hight adjustment isn't needed for the passenger. Also, there isn't a safety issue, and bringing it up is just silly. Also, if we're gonna bitch about how the passenger is only 4-way, why not bitch that the driver's isn't 11-way? I know there are cars that have way more than 8 -way seats.

This is almost as silly as when we bitched about the lack of LED taillights on this car...give the poor thing a break.

Height adjustment CAN be a definite need! How about the passenger who wants to get their butt off the floor so that they can sit more in a sitting position, instead of the seat being low to the floor and forcing them to sit with a "legs out" posture?

Whenever I'm in a friends' car with a power passenger seat, I always adjust the height.....or at least the height of the front side of the bottom cushion (to put me more in a "V" position and to give my lower thighs more support.)

Height adjustment CAN be a definite need! How about the passenger who wants to get their butt off the floor so that they can sit more in a sitting position, instead of the seat being low to the floor and forcing them to sit with a "legs out" posture?

Whenever I'm in a friends' car with a power passenger seat, I always adjust the height.....or at least the height of the front side of the bottom cushion (to put me more in a "V" position and to give my lower thighs more support.)

I've been in very few cars where I've found the seat too low...just seats that didn't go far enough back on the driver's side. You'd be screwed in my car...manual passenger seat with no hight adjust :P High adjustment is good on the driver's seat, I do make use of it in my car...but the passenger seat never bothers me.

Come to think of it...if it is only 4-way...why not just make it manual? It's faster to pull a level and move it yourself than wait for the motors to slowly move the seat...oh wait...we're Americans....we're fat and lazy...never mind.

If the height is comfortable I think it will be okay, though it definitely should have it. Let's sit in it before deciding whether it's "too low."

Also, I think I'd rather have power recline that seat height adjust. I hate manual recline, so hard to get it just right.

Because it's one more example of GM missing the details.......it's the way they cost-cut thinking no one will notice or care......

It's hardly "insignificant."

:rolleyes:

I just went to trade in my Buick Park Avenue for the technologically advanced $52,000 2007 Acura RL but I discovered the RL only has a 4-way power passenger seat and backed out. Deal Breaker! How did Honda miss the details... damn cost cutters. Bet you didn't notice when you checked it out at the LA Auto Show... <_<

How many of those above are 4-way fore-and-aft AND up-and-down (but with a MANUAL recliner?)

Do your own research... Your comment hardly discredits mine... Those premium manufacturers are too cheap to put in 6-way or 8-way power passenger seats regardless. They missed the details!!!!!!!!

But I'm just curious as to why...

My dad's 92 LeSabre has much more than 4-way power passenger seats. It has fore/aft, power height adjusters, tilt, etc. Manual reclining... which really confuses me as my 92 Century Special has power recliners.

So... Is the second row bench NOT available?

To answer my own question... YES, Buick's website lists 8 passanger seating as optional on the CX and CXL.

Also, the passenger seat has 4-way adjustments... and 4-way lumbar! Now does it make things better?

• 2 weeks later...

So Acura's the oddball.......

I don't excuse them any more than I excuse Buick......

Acura... but then you have to damn the other Enclave Competitors (direct(CUV) or indirect(SUV) - same price range) that I mentioned: Honda, Subaru, Toyota, Jeep, Chrysler, Mazda, Nissan, etc...

My point was... This isn't a blatant circumstance where GM is being "cheap." Most of Buick's "Premium" competitors are similar. Some people just need to realize that the "bar" set by the competition isn't as high as you might think. GM is matching its competitors feature for feature and in some cases offering more (articulating headlamps) but you're still disappointed and act as if GM isn't competitive (or leading) in a market they were practically non-existent in.