Choppin' Competition #36 - Chrysler Buyout

Welcome to Choppin' Competition #36!

Posted Image

Time for a little bit of topical fun. You've been under a rock if you haven't heard all the latest rumors surrounding the potential buyout of the Chrysler Group from DaimlerChrysler and all the consequences such an action would entail. If this hypothetically occured, its less than likely current or future Chrysler, Dodge, or Jeep vehicles would simply be rebaged under an appropriate General Motors brand. But what if it did...?

Your task, should you choose to accept it, is to modify any existing Chrysler, Dodge, or Jeep production or concept vehicle as a General Motors product. As you can suspect, pretty much anything goes and if you think a certain Chrysler vehicle would look good as a certain GM vehicle, do it. If you the the Charger would make a great Pontiac, show us. Think the Dakota would be a good Colorado? Make it so. You can use any nameplate you'd like for this new 'hybrid' vehicle.

Please use only the Chrysler, Dodge, or Jeep-branded production and concept vehicles for your entry.

Some Picture Sources...
-Autodeadline*
-FamilyCar.com
-CarPhotoSite
-Netcarshow

Size guidelines remain at 800x600, so please size your entry accordingly. Please do not submit your images as Bitmap (.bmp) files.

The winner will recieve a GM-related prize from C&G!

Deadline is Thursday, March 1st @ 11:59PM your local time.

Good luck and have fun! :CG_all:

*Instructions for accessing high-resolution images through AutoDeadline:
Replace the bold, orange section of the URL...
(http://gm.wieck.com/forms/gm/*query?silverado&Source=all)
...with the make/model/etc you're searching for. Replacing 'silverado' with 'lesabre' will bring up downloadable hi-res images of the Buick LeSabre.

NICE! LOVE this idea, this'll be really fun! I'm entering, no doubt! But.... can someone teach me how to properly transplant a face onto another vehcle? If you know and are willing to tell me, PM me! Of course, I'll just be more competition (barely, but so) so if anyone could teach me the easiest way, I'd appreciate it!

In 2007 The Chrysler Group was purchased from Daimler-Benz by General Motors. The Corvette, although a perfectly good super sportscar in it's own right, hasn't been taken seriously by as many people as Big Bob would like. The purchase of The Chrysler Group not only provided the General with minivans, Jeeps, and the CharChalenger duo, but it also gave GM the exotic yet underwhelimg(to some) Viper, along with the engineering brains behind Chrysler's Street Racing Team.

Now with both Chevy's Corvette developers as well as Chrysler's SRT team working together, the Corvette branch of Chevy would be able expand, and the Viper's parts and platform could be used to do so, spreading the costs of this American supercar.

What the designers at Chevy wanted was a retro-modern, V10 powered Stingray, and what the guys at SRT wanted was another new rear-drive powerhouse sportscar icon in which they could showcase their latest developments. From this collaboration the Chevy Stingray was reborn. This new super-sportscar would be built and priced under $110,000 and would have the major advantage of brand loyalties to both Corvette and Viper/SRT.

SRT-10 Stingray droptop:

Posted Image

SRT-10 Stingray coupe:

Posted Image

-camaroman22

Edited by Camaroman22

That actually works NOS, good job, the front end needs just a little tweaking in the grille and headlights and it'll be perfect. I'm digging the old school penestar in the grille...how about a rear shot? or interior.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this contest the other way around? As in, modify a Chrysler, Dodge, or Jeep as a GM vehiclee? Not modifying a GM to a Chrysler, Dodge, or Jeep?

Just want a little clarification here.

modify any existing Chrysler, Dodge, or Jeep production or concept vehicle as a General Motors product

Please use only the Chrysler, Dodge, or Jeep-branded production and concept vehicles for your entry.

I would NEVER badge a Chrysler as a Cadillac. Neat ideas that you had, but these would almost be like the Cateras...

hey, let's not jump to conclusions...maybe i don't care ( :AH-HA_wink: if you don't get the reference just ask). i understand completely, but this isn't a 'rebadge' rebadge, it's a platform sharing rebadge. the only thing the 300C Touring and this cadillac have in common(ideally) are the bones that make them wagons. Edited by Camaroman22

Camaroman22, I like your Vette concepts a lot :)

Here is mine. It was hard to envision a DCX product reskinned as a GM, so I converted it to the most "distant" GM brand I could think of...a Saab.

It's about time Saab got some new products anyways :)

Well here it is

Posted Image

Somehow it ended up looking a bit like a Mustang to me; I'm not sure how that happened....

Edited by skip0110

This is NOT mine so I'm not entering it in the competition, but I thought this was very good...a little inspiration to everyone.

Posted Image

wow that was an easy transition. It looks really cool.