Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Terrible fleet numbers for GM, Ford, DCX

What the hell? I thought they were significantly cutting back on fleet sales. Some really poor showings for some brand new vehicles on there. I hope this is somewhat skewed since it's just for the first six months, but damn....bad numbers all around.

Shockers in bold

Buick LaCrosse 29.2%

Buick Lucerne 13.1%

Buick Terraza 28.9%

Cadillac CTS 9.0%

Cadilac DTS 27.4%

Cadillac STS 7.7%

Chevy Colorado 21.3%

Chevy Equinox 20.3%

Chevy HHR 30.1%

Chevy Impala 53.9%

Chevy Malibu 58.8%

Chevy Monte Carlo 46.5%

Chevy Silverado 16.2%

Chevy Suburban 20.6%

Chevy Tahoe 11.0%

Chevy Uplander 70.9%

GMC Canyon 12.8%

GMC Sierra 10.0%

Pontiac Grand Prix 77.6%

Pontiac G6 32.6%

Pontiac Torrent 22.2%

Saturn Aura 23.7%

Saturn Relay 34.4%

Saturn Vue 10.3%

Ford Edge 32.0%

Ford Escape 28.2%

Ford Expedition 27.4%

Ford Explorer 25.6%

Ford Five Hundred 43.1%

Ford Focus 26.5%

Ford Freestar 43.2%

Ford Freestyle 28.7%

Ford F-Series 21.3%

Ford Fusion 26.8%

Ford Mustang 29.0%

Ford Ranger 27.8%

Mercury Grand Marquis 50.0%

Mercury Montego 30.2%

Volvo S40 37.5%

Lincoln Town Car 58.5%

Mazda 5 43.8%

Mazda 6 42.7%

Still, those numbers are nothing compared to Chrysler's.

Chrysler 300 44.0%

Chrysler Aspen 31.2%

Chrysler Crossfire 70.6%

Chrysler Pacifica 49.3%

Chrysler PT Cruiser 61.8%

Chrysler Sebring 63.5%

Chrysler Town and Country 35.2%

Dodge Avenger 79.4%

Dodge Caliber 45.1%

Dodge Caravan 54.8%

Dodge Charger 56.2%

Dodge Durango 33.0%

Dodge Magnum 60.9%

Jeep Liberty 32.8%

MORE:

Car Fleet Sales

Truck Fleet Sales

Edited by mustang84

well something isn't right there. There isn't an Acadia and I know that Budget is featuring them as their SUV upgrade.

Edit:

Fusion isn't a shocker, something had to replace the old Taurus

Mustang is the "standard" car for most rental agencies and it's the convertible for any rental agency that doesn't rent Chryslers <i.e. the smart ones>

Chrysler 300 has been that way for a while. They're all the Plymouth Newport 2.7litres

Charger is similar enough to 300

Avenger does surprise me

I've seen a bunch of Enterprise Auras... so not shocked there.

Crossfire must be going to the "premium" fleets that Alamo and a few others have now. Some of them even will rent you an XLR with enough notice.

Edit 2:

What should be a shocker... look at Lucurne. 13%? LeSabre used to be the full sized darling.

Edited by Oldsmoboi

"Imports don't fleet..."

Hyundai Elantra - 21.5%

Hyundai Sonata - 27.6%

Hyundai Azera - 22.7%

Hyundai Entourage - 29.9%

Kia Rio - 27.3%

Kia Spectra - 25.7%

Kia Optima - 52.8%

Kia Amanti - 42.5%

Kia Sedona - 32.0%

Mazda5 - 43.8%

Mazda6 - 42.7%

Mitsubishi Galant - 35.4%

Mitsubishi Eclipse - 24.8%

Mitsubishi Endeavor - 28.9%

Nissan Armada - 19.4%

Nissan Murano - 24.6%

Toyota Avalon - 15.3%

Toyota Highlander - 23.6%

Infiniti M35 - 15.3%

Mercedes C-Class - 15.0%

Volvo S40 - 37.5%

I don't know how fleet works in the U.S., but up here they aren't offered any special deep discount. The fleet department of the dealership usually charges a couple hundred dollars over invoice. As to the rentals, they are sold back in about 8 months.

Here is the real question that we should be asking about Fleet:

IF TOYOTA AND HONDA ARE SO SUPERIOR. IF THEY HOLD THEIR VALUE BETTER. WHY ARE THE RENTAL AGENCIES NOT CLAMORING FOR TOYOTAS AND HONDAS?

That is the $64,000 question. If They buy a "crappy" Impala for $22k, then sell it back to us for $15k 8 months later, why wouldn't they be doing that with the Camry and Accord instead? GM offers the fleets no special favors, at least not here. They still have to buy through the dealer. GM does not "whore" the vehicles out.

But yet the fleets still prefer GM.

IF TOYOTA AND HONDA ARE SO SUPERIOR. IF THEY HOLD THEIR VALUE BETTER. WHY ARE THE RENTAL AGENCIES NOT CLAMORING FOR TOYOTAS AND HONDAS?

Initial cost is higher.

I doubt that Honda or Toyota are letting cars go for a few hundred over invoice.

You're missing the point: my argument all along about the superiority of GM products is that the COST OF OWNERSHIP is better. Maintenance (breakdowns - and time is money for the fleets) and the DIFFERENCE between the buying price and the selling price are what matters to fleets the most. Otherwise, they will not make a profit.

It cannot be more black and white than that.

It takes less time to recoup an $18,000 investment (Impala) than a $21,000 investment (Camry). I pulled those numbers out of my ass, ut you get the idea. Rental agencies dont keep cars long enough for long-tern reliability to be an issue so they go with whatever they can get for less because it would have higher profit margins, as they cant really charge more to rent a Camry than a Malibu to cover the higher initial cost of the Camry.

The $6000 from the factory on Ram regular and Quad cab models will prevent that from happening. Not to mention the less expensive and discounted Colorado is a sufficient for many fleet buyers like parks departments, etc.

With Tundras being 3,500 off, and going by this logic, it's fleet sales should be like 84.2%

I hate to say it but I saw two new Spew Max Tundra's last night with temp plates on them in a half mile radius...I think the $3500 of is moving them...at least two that I saw last night in a quick trip to the store. Good point though.

well something isn't right there. There isn't an Acadia and I know that Budget is featuring them as their SUV upgrade.

There is two sides to every issue. My #1 (of 4!!) son in law is a car hauler. Sometimes new, sometimes used, sometimes auction, frequently daily rentals. Last month he told me that there were lots of Arcadia going to car rentals. The other side? The rental places can't keep them on the lot. As soon as they come in - they go back out.

There is two sides to every issue. My #1 (of 4!!) son in law is a car hauler. Sometimes new, sometimes used, sometimes auction, frequently daily rentals. Last month he told me that there were lots of Arcadia going to car rentals. The other side? The rental places can't keep them on the lot. As soon as they come in - they go back out.

Oh I know.... I specifically requested an Acadia for my trip to Houston... my other choice was an xTerra :puke:

Still, those numbers are nothing compared to Chrysler's.

Chrysler 300 44.0%

Chrysler Aspen 31.2%

Chrysler Crossfire 70.6%

Chrysler Pacifica 49.3%

Chrysler PT Cruiser 61.8%

Chrysler Sebring 63.5%

Chrysler Town and Country 35.2%

Dodge Avenger 79.4%

Dodge Caliber 45.1%

Dodge Caravan 54.8%

Dodge Charger 56.2%

Dodge Durango 33.0%

Dodge Magnum 60.9%

Jeep Liberty 32.8%

MORE:

Car Fleet Sales

Truck Fleet Sales

Not to be an ass to anyone in particular, but... The Avenger is almost 80% fleeted. Only 2,591 retail sales since it's gone on sale and only two cars of all sections had higher percentages; The Taurus and the Crown Vic. For a new car, that's downright shocking... Well, not if you look at it. :D

"Imports don't fleet..."

Hyundai Elantra - 21.5%

Hyundai Sonata - 27.6%

Hyundai Azera - 22.7%

Hyundai Entourage - 29.9%

Is it me or has Sonata fleet sales dropped? I thought I remember them being over 40% last year.

Is it me or has Sonata fleet sales dropped? I thought I remember them being over 40% last year.

50.1% to be exact. Its dropped, yes, but the Optima clearly picked it up. Also, for such a 'great car', Sonata numbers are high.