Choppin' Competition #44 - Trailblazer CPR!

Welcome to Choppin' Competition #44!

Posted Image

The sadness about the news that the Chevrolet Trailblazer is slated to be slowly phased out over the next few years begins with the fact that its predecessor, the Blazer, helped birth the midsize SUV market and compounded by the fact that the GMT-360 platform it rides on and Atlas I6 powertrain its powered by are still both very good. Blame substand interior materials and features, aged exterior design, and a seeming lack of interest by GM for this tragedy. But what if it were guaranteed a reprieve from the gallows if you could make a convincing styling argument for it?

Your task, should you choose to accept it, is to give any GMT-360 sport utility a design relevant to today. Whether you want to make a mild change, a complete ground-up redo or even add a bodystyle, its your choice. Please use only use the Chevrolet Trailblazer, SAAB 9-7X, GMC Envoy, or Buick Rainier for your base image! However, if you'd like to give your GMT-360 to another brand such as HUMMER, that is acceptable. Get revising!

Some Picture Sources...
-Chevy Trailblazer @Autodeadline*
-Chevy Trailblazer @ GM Media
-GMC Envoy @Autodeadline*
-GMC Envoy @ GM Media
-Buick Rainier @Autodeadline*
-Buick Rainier @ GM Media
-SAAB 9-7X @Autodeadline*
-SAAB 9-7X @ GM Media

Size guidelines remain at 800x600, so please size your entry accordingly. Please do not submit your images as Bitmap (.bmp) files.

The winner will recieve a GM-related prize from C&G!

Deadline is Saturday, September 15th @ 11:59PM your local time.

Good luck and have fun! :CG_all:

*Instructions for accessing high-resolution images through AutoDeadline:
Replace the bold, orange section of the URL...
(http://gm.wieck.com/forms/gm/*query?silverado&Source=all)
...with the make/model/etc you're searching for. Replacing 'silverado' with 'lesabre' will bring up downloadable hi-res images of the Buick LeSabre.

Copy into your browser. Hit enter.

work in progress....NOT an entry here...:

Can you please host that at like photobucket.com or imageshack.us

I can't and haven't EVER been able to view attatchments to the boards. I have mentioned this several times and nobody, the staff, has ever contacted me about it. And I know I am not the only one.

Can you please host that at like photobucket.com or imageshack.us

I can't and haven't EVER been able to view attatchments to the boards. I have mentioned this several times and nobody, the staff, has ever contacted me about it. And I know I am not the only one.

OK...I had the same problem when the site updated here, but once i updated my java script it worked fine....but here ya go, the base car for this was actually a GTO/Monaro !!! :

Posted Image

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

Well, the best way to build a business case for the Trailblazer is to introduce another variant off the same platform. I posted this in another thread:

Posted Image

I'm all in favor of killing the GMT-355 and making the Colorado/Canyon off of GMT-360.

Updated Trailblazer:

Very nice update on the Trailblazer. My only dislike it what I have complained about all GM auto's with the stupid looking little antenna over the drivers section. Why not put it in the middle in the back of the Vehicle so it does not take away from the hot looks of the vehicle.

I love my Escalade ESV, but I hat the antenna they have over the drivers side roof. Yes People have said I nitpick to much, but the looks of a vehicle are great and get dirtied up with things like this. It tends to tell me they were to cheap to run the extra 8 feet of antenna cable to put it in the back of the vehicle.