Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

C&G Pontiac census

1. How many new Pontiacs have you purchased (or leased) in the last decade (since the '98 model year)?

2. Do you intend to purchase/lease another new Pontiac in the next two model years?

For me:

1. Two - 2002 Formula Firehawk and 2004 GTO

2. Yes - the G8 Sport Truck ( true name still unknown)

1. None.

2. Possibly. Depends on how finances go. The G8 ST and both Solstice variants are on the list.

1) Zer0

2) Pontiac is probably the FIRST place I would go for a new car to either buy a G8 GXP or Solstice Targa GXP. I would even consider a G5 over the Cobalt if it had original styling and a sporty nature.

Notice how there are so many people who HAVEN'T bought a Pontiac but are now WILLING to look? That shows progress GM, the kind of progress you need for GROWTH instead of shrinking your market share.

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

1) Zer0

2) Pontiac is probably the FIRST place I would go for a new car to either buy a G8 GXP or Solstice Targa GXP. I would even consider a G5 over the Cobalt if it had original styling and a sporty nature.

Notice how there are so many people who HAVEN'T bought a Pontiac but are now WILLING to look? That shows progress GM, the kind of progress you need for GROWTH instead of shrinking your market share.

Also notice which models are getting the attention...but conversely two members just bought G6's...

I had a used LeMans, and wanted one of the late 80s early 90s Sunbird convertible really bad when they first come out., but couldn't afford it.

By the time I could afford one Pontiac had turned the Sunbird into a total chick car. White tops, swishy stickers on the side, and then it became the Sunfire.

When I was a kid I love the Firebirds, and might be one if they made it now.

1. How many new Pontiacs have you purchased (or leased) in the last decade (since the '98 model year)?

2. Do you intend to purchase/lease another new Pontiac in the next two model years?

For me:

1. Two - 2002 Formula Firehawk and 2004 GTO

2. Yes - the G8 Sport Truck ( true name still unknown)

LS, didn't you just buy a G8 or am I confusing you with another CnGer? I know you want the ST, but for some reason I thought you got the sedan in the meantime.

LS, didn't you just buy a G8 or am I confusing you with another CnGer? I know you want the ST, but for some reason I thought you got the sedan in the meantime.

Wasn't me, I'm not big on sedans nor automatics.

I will be waiting for a manual ST.

1. I have owned... A 1971 Bonneville (got it new) a 1977 Bonneville (got it new) a 1990 Grand Prix (program car) and a 2005 Bonneville SLE (CPO dealer driven car. 1st one to title it) and a 2007 Pontiac Torrent FWD (new) so five Pontiac's I DON'T have commitment issues. I like my Pontiacs. :P

2. Within the next two years unlikely however it could happen. Just like I said with Chevrolet and Caddy, but don't worry I love the G6 Coupe, Solstice and G8 Series.

Edited by gm4life

For me:

1. in the last 10 years 2 new Pontiacs and 1 GMC if that counts now.

2. I had planned to look at a G8 Truck but with gas going up I many be going Turbo 4 cylinder.

I will buy a new GM car next year and as of now it is going to be a Solstice coupe, HHR SS or a long shot chance a Camaro V6.

Right now the HHR SS fits my needs of a fun car to drive, family hauler and truck replacment. The G8 truck is my personel pick but with rising gas but the fact it would give me 3 vehicles and leave me with only one that would carry more than 2 people would not be a practical choice. This also hurts the Solstice too.

I may have to get the HHR SS as my daily beater and if it is still around a G8 for the wife to replace her GP in about 3-4 years.

I hope to pick up a Solstice later used as a play car.

I never really considered a 4 cylinder or a HHR but my test drive in the SS left a mark on my memory. I did not have a saleman with me and I could let here go. It was a good ride in a cheap package that will do all I want it to do. Just if they could get rid of the FWD. Plus near 30 MPG is a plus.

Just one, my G6 in 2006. Previously had the leased Cavalier in 2002.

Depends, if the Solstice is still around I might think of it and depending on my financial situation. Probably as a second car. Or if the G6 returns NOT AS A REBADGED MALIBU and has a proper manual option not on the top of the line.

1. None

2. To answer the question as-posed, no. I will be too busy with student loans. But if I did have the money for a new car, I would go to my local BPG dealer and buy the Panther Black G8 V6 they have on their lot.

1. 1999 Grand Am GT

2. not really in the market for a new car, but if I were I would consider Pontiac. I jokingly told my Toyota son in law the best way to meet the hands free cell phone requirement starting in July is to buy a new Solstice with On Star.

Previous Pontiacs 1949, 1954 Star Chieftain, and a 1973 Catalina (used).

For me AND the 'rents:

1. Parents, never. I just bought a loaded new '08 G6 GT coupe after a fun test drive, my first Pontiac AND my first new car.

2. Very possible, for either me or them. Now with the G6 I'm turned back on to the brand, and if more and better products keep coming, we very well could.

1. Three: 92 Sunbird, I know, older than 98, 99 Grand Am, and my current 08 Grand Prix

2. No. Unless they bring back North American designed/made Grand Prix and Bonneville to live on forever, Kill all Holdens and imports(Vibe), never to return, from their line up and returns to the NASCAR with the Grand Prix, while dropping Toyota from NASCAR while killing Chevy Impala never to return and diss all the Chevy re-badges in exchange for their own body design(like Impala and Grand Prix was, that were different in looks). Otherwise, I won't be comming back to GM.

Edited by Diehard GrandPrix Fan

1. 3: 92 Sunbird, I know, older than 98, 99 Grand Am, and my current 08 Grand Prix

2. No. Unless they bring back North American designed/made Grand Prix and Bonneville to live on forever, Kill all Holdens and imports(Vibe), never to return, from their line up and returns to the NASCAR with the Grand Prix, while killing Chevy Impala never for it to return and diss all the Chevy re-badges in exchange for their own body design(like Impala and Grand Prix was, that were different in looks). Otherwise, I won't be comming back to GM.

There's a lovely Kia Reo waiting for you then. :P

There's a lovely Kia Reo waiting for you then. :P

Nope, I hate Imports, even for my native country Korea's. My next car will probably be either Dodge, or Chrysler. Well, in about 20 years, since I will never part with my Grand Prix. Well, even if I get my 4th car. If it dies on me, I am going to restore it and still keep it, for it was the car I wanted for so long and the one GM killed without mercy.

Nope, I hate Imports, even for my native country Korea's. My next car will probably be either Dodge, or Chrysler. Well, in about 20 years, since I will never part with my Grand Prix. Well, even if I get my 4th car. If it dies on me, I am going to restore it and still keep it, for it was the car I wanted for so long and the one GM killed without mercy.

Well good for you, keep that baby going.

1. 12

2. Me none, I'm so done with Pontiac, wife may want a Vibe or Torrent if we come back to the USA, but I tell her the same as I tell y'all, better hurry!!!!

So why are you so anti-Pontiac?

Did the division leave a bad taste in your mouth.... Or is that taste just from CPF?

:AH-HA_wink:

Did someone from Pontiac piss in your cornflakes? Oh I forgot, Uncle Bob is why right? Did he deny you a promotion or are you just professionally jealous? You want to kill Pontiac and Holden because you (and your faction) hate Uncle Bob. It all makes so much sense now! You sold your soul to the CPF side of the company because you, for some reason, hate GMNA leadership. Now this little gasoline spike is just the stroke of luck you needed to see things go your way and prove a point at the expense of the company AND it's enthusiasts.

It's great to see that the leadership at GM is so mature and intelligent these days. It's just too bad someone hasn't retired you yet PCS.

On a related note, I enjoyed the praise heaped onto the G8 from a CALIFORNIA reader in one of this months rags (C&D maybe?) talking about how "cars like this are what GM needs to sell in markets like Cali"

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

So why are you so anti-Pontiac?

Did the division leave a bad taste in your mouth.... Or is that taste just from CPF?

:AH-HA_wink:

Did someone from Pontiac piss in your cornflakes? Oh I forgot, Uncle Bob is why right? Did he deny you a promotion or are you just professionally jealous? You want to kill Pontiac and Holden because you (and your faction) hate Uncle Bob. It all makes so much sense now! You sold your soul to the CPF side of the company because you, for some reason, hate GMNA leadership. Now this little gasoline spike is just the stroke of luck you needed to see things go your way and prove a point at the expense of the company AND it's enthusiasts.

It's great to see that the leadership at GM is so mature and intelligent these days. It's just too bad someone hasn't retired you yet PCS.

On a related note, I enjoyed the praise heaped onto the G8 from a CALIFORNIA reader in one of this months rags (C&D maybe?) talking about how "cars like this are what GM needs to sell in markets like Cali"

What are you going on about? :smilewide: