C&G Saturn Census

2. Not in two tyears, but I have always loved the Sky. If I had the spare cash for a weekend warrior I'd get one. However it would have to wait in lne behind the Camaro, Challenger, and G8.

Edited by Dodgefan

1. 2003 VUE FWD4 manual

2. I doubt it.

The '08 VUE is OK but I don't like that its smaller, thirstier and an Import. The 4cyl/ 4sp. combination is apparently really sluggish from what I understand.

The Aura is pretty nice but the Malibu (in particular the 2.4L 1LT or 2LT) is nicer IMO.

I like the "stripped" Outlooks but they are still pretty expensive and a little too big for my needs.

1. None

2. The Sky is stunning. I like the Astra, I'd consider one if in that market, and if I were to be interested in a cute-ute, I'd consider a Vue XR or RedLine. But no, not in the next two model years.

1. How many new Saturns have you purchased/leased since the 1998 model year?

None

2. Do you intend to purchase/lease a new Saturn in the next two model years?

No, unless they start calling them Opels and actually bring over the whole lineup.

1. 0 "new" Saturns - Just bought a used '07 Aura. First time I've ever looked at a Saturn. I also think the exterior is nicer looking than the new Malibu. We love the car.

2. In the next 4 years we will upgrade from the Aura and very well could pick up what will then be a newer Aura.

Note: I cannot justify buying "brand new" when a person can pick up a lightly used vehicle for so much less.

For me AND the 'rents:

1. Never, but mom considered an Outlook and I very much thought of an Aura and Astra.

2. Possible. Probably not for the 'rents, but I'd still rock an Astra or Aura.

1. How many new Saturns have you purchased/leased since the 1998 model year?

2. Do you intend to purchase/lease a new Saturn in the next two model years?

For me:

1. 0

2. no

For me also:

0, No

I'd kill the division. It started out as a low cost car for GM but when the Aura cost more than the Malibu, it doesn't make sense anymore.

1) I technically owned a 1994 SL2 Pep vehicle for about an hour. Until the Saturn of Saginaw Manager went into a rant about the GM Discount. I then asked for my check back and bought a 1995 Pontiac Grand AM six months later.

2) I will resist buying any Saturns as long as I can, and will NEVER buy one from the East side of Michigan (which i believe are mostly owned by the same guy)

1. 3 of them (98 SC1, 04 ION sedan, 08 Vue XE)

2. No, our Vue will be in the family quite a while.

On a side note, my second family vehicle will be an 01-02 SC2 (always loved the s-series coupes the best). Will have the engine and tranny rebuilt, and drive it till the wheels fall off.