Camaro news and news about the recent pics

BuddyP

Some Camaro news from my source.... "Just thought you might like to here the story behind the pics. All the pics that were leaked on the web are pics that GM released to a toy company so production toys/scale models can be ready for sale shortly after the NAIAS. Someone at the toy co leaked the pics, I've heard the FBI is involved and GM plans to prosecute the person responsible. Expect to see a silver running car at Detroit and a red push car at LA." Edited by BuddyP

Wow... that's a Maisto 1:18th I'll buy the DAY of release. :D

So did I.  I don't know who to believe anymore!!

[post="60844"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Here's what he told me when the pics first came out...

"This pic is very close to the show car, it's changed a bit since the pic was taken. If you look close you can see the clay model is split down the center with a different but simalar theme on the other side. The pic was taken in an inclosed patio used for outside design reviews, and photo shoots. The brick pavers show up in a lot of "officialy released" photos"

Doesn't sound like it changed much and possibly didn't change enough to matter on a concept die cast toy. Take it for what it's worth, but will tell you that this source is better than most.

Here's what he told me when the pics first came out...

"This pic is very close to the show car, it's changed a bit since the pic was taken. If you look close you can see the clay model is split down the center with a different but simalar theme on the other side. The pic was taken in an inclosed patio used for outside design reviews, and photo shoots. The brick pavers show up in a lot of "officialy released" photos"

Doesn't sound like it changed much and possibly didn't change enough to matter on a concept die cast toy. Take it for what it's worth, but will tell you that this source is better than most.

[post="60854"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Sounds good to me... I just hope the production version doesn't change at all from the concept/show car.

Looked good to me, except for the hideous rear end--fix that mess up, and it should be a hell of a hot car.

[post="60875"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I wouldn't say the rear end was hideous. It just looked too much like a C6 and not much like a Camaro.

I don't know why the hell they're gonna have it at LA when it's supposed to debut in Detroit.

[post="60894"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Maybe since the shows are back to back they may want to have the running car at Detroit but still show off a concept at LA too. Keep in mind, press days and industry days at NAIAS are the Jan 8th-12th, same time that the LA show is going on (Jan 6th-15th).

Good sourse or not, I think we'll just all have to wait and see! It's still speculation at this point. The General can change it's mind at any moment. Edited by BuddyP

This reminds me of when Monogram, Revell, and Testors released what they all though was the new F-117 stealth Fighter (then designated F-19) in the early-80s. Congress had no idea what the plane looked like and were pretty livid because they thought someone at the Air Force or a contractor had leaked plans for the kits. Really, they didn't look anything like the actual F-117, but, hey, made Congress feel stupid.

Maybe since the shows are back to back they may want to have the running car at Detroit but still show off a concept at LA too. Keep in mind, press days and industry days at NAIAS are the Jan 8th-12th, same time that the LA show is going on (Jan 6th-15th).

Good sourse or not, I think we'll just all have to wait and see! It's still speculation at this point. The General can change it's mind at any moment.

[post="60898"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

they've done it before

First off we knew the car was very close and were some changes in some details per the post Fbodfather has posted. He stated it was a incomplete concept car and was mad because people posted the pictures. Still many posted the pictures here knowing Scott was beyond upset. I hope this will not effect his post with us in the future. Second the car will be first shown on January 8th in the AM in Detroit regardless of what goes in LA. If most likley will be shown later in the day or week in LA. If anyone wants to believe anything believe what Fbodfather/red planet post here and on the Camaro sites as he is a known confirmed person working in GM and has a long background directing the past Camaro program. As for the other internet experts take them for what they are worth. I was told on Sept 4th the car was not going to be shown in Detroit by some of these so call experts when I knew and confirmed the showing on Jan 8th had already been set. Fbodfather/red planet is the only one to be 100% correct in anything he has posted on any web site about the new Camaro. So if you want to know who to believe that is where I would put my money as it is a sure thing. Treat Scott right and you will have a Automotive friend for life, do things like post pictures that he did not want out you may find yourself out of the circle of trust!

Still many posted the pictures here knowing Scott was beyond upset. I hope this will not effect his post with us in the future.

[post="60970"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I don't believe it will. One of the last emails that were exchanged regarding the situation was a statement that GM Legal said the "damage was done" and we didn't have to have "heartburn" if they were reposted. When asked to remove, we did. Walt received the removal email and we obliged.

Just doin' our (right) part.

The FBI is involved in the early unveilment of a clay concept model?

While I understand the issue when it comes to production models on GM property, this is too far...

Aren't there better things to do, like fight serious crime?

[post="61156"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

This was a real crime and GM needs to prevent things like this or even things more damaging. When the 4th gen pic's were leaked in the early 90's it did a lot of damage in various areas. The next time it may not be just pictures but engineering info of info that may even do more damage to their already weak stock prices or disrupt UAW negociations. In a way they were lucky it was only a picture this time.

Besides I have a family friend who is in the FBI in Michigan and when he is not chasing transvestite bank robbers [happens more than you think in the mitten] , helping set up secruity for the Super Bowl [making sure Keith Richard does not have a costume failure?], or home land security [I wish I could give details here but he has a lot going here and tells nothing]. I sure he could work GM in on this.

FYI: these are real things he is working on now. Super Bowl is real the Keith Richards deal we can only hope he prevents.

As for posting or not posting I would ask Scott directly before doing anything questionalble. If you treat him well you will be rewarded for your efforts. He did state in one post on CZ28 he did not want the pic's posted but it was ok to discuss them in a proper matter. That is why I had the post for adult feed back on the new car here.

I figured if we gave proper feed back it may help in his cause.

:P So a search of 2007 Camaro on Dogpile shows a wide variety of car's, they all look like toy's. Green one, Red one and orange one with black racing strips. Are these the ones that has everyone upset? Seems Autoblog and GTPlanet have them all posted as the new camaro? Seems Smallblock.dk also has a yellow one with black strips. We'll I think this will be very exciting at the autoshow as I hope they look even better in person than on these pics. Finally a Solid Pony car from GM. :D :CG_all:

:P  So a search of 2007 Camaro on Dogpile shows a wide variety of car's, they all look like toy's.  Green one, Red one and orange one with black racing strips.  Are these the ones that has everyone upset?

[post="61301"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

No, those were renderings done by Kris Horton (carsbykris.com). He is not affiliated with GM.

I am so freekin excited about the concept debut that I can hardly contain my enthusiasm. Edited by Sixty8panther

FBI isn't involved.

There isn't going to be a "push car"  at LA.

The pictures weren't released to a toy company.

[post="62171"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Where did you hear this? The origin of where I get my info is very close to where the recent pics were taken. That's all I'll say.

I can not confirm the LA show but Fbodfather in a post on one one of the Camaro web sites said he hope many would see the car at Detroit and at the other cars shows around the country this year. This tells me at least the Detroit car will make the rounds and it is not the only car they have if they are working toward production I would think they have some more back at the shop to play with? By the way has anyone noticed the Hot Wheel #24 Muscle Tone, they made a few years ago looks like a mild form of the show car? It is not an exact copy but has the general idea.