Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

330i 6MT vs IS350 vs C350 6MT

toyoguy

The 330i may be technically more competent and a better driving machine, but I would never buy one. The interior manages to be bland and ugly at the same time, and the outside is a lump of generic automobile with some angry headlights and taillights. The Lexus, on the other hand, has a much more inviting and luxurious interior, and a more sculpted and fluid exterior. The Benz is just too old.

Guest lance armstrong's Testicles
with the new 3.5 L inline BMW 6, there will be zero competition again THAT will match the M3's power and accel

Are those plastic 'block-off' inserts in place of options in the lexus (to the left of the steering wheel)? Classy.

[post="67513"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

What's the big deal? Kia does blanking for options you didn't get all the time?

C-Class is overpriced junk.

As much as I detest BMW's because they seem overrated regardless of how good they really are, I would have chosen the 330i here as well. I like its interior, especially with aluminum trim and no i-Drive. I don't care for its exterior. The front has the silhouette of Audi's gaping maw, and the rest of the car resembles a hacked potato, yuck. Hmm, I hadn't paid attention to the plastic blank panels in the IS350 until someone mentioned it. Thank you! Now I can dislike this other ugly even more! And, I find the Mercedes-Benz to be outdated in many areas, regardless of engine. I like the multitude of buttons for its Comand system, though- just like I really do find the button madness of SAAB to be cool.

Where's the CTS... or was an overinflated price tag a prerequisite?

Are those plastic 'block-off' inserts in place of options in the lexus (to the left of the steering wheel)? Classy.

Take a good hard look at the interior of the CTS and then compare it to the IS. I'm a huge fan of the Cadillac, but it's downright hypocritical mentioning the CTS in the manner you did before making sarcastic remarks about the IS. The IS' interior is far classier than the CTS', 'block-off' inserts and all.

Take a good hard look at the interior of the CTS and then compare it to the IS.  I'm a huge fan of the Cadillac, but it's downright hypocritical mentioning the CTS in the manner you did before making sarcastic remarks about the IS.  The IS' interior is far classier than the CTS', 'block-off' inserts and all.

[post="68432"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I drive a CTS every day and the interior of the IS doesn't impress me. I like the BMW interior's looks best, but none of them really stand out.

Exterior wise, I like the C-class hand's down.

Bimmer... has... a... point.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Anyways, while I find the IS350's interior to be nice... I can't get past the exterior. It's so f**ked up that it's not even funny. I'd much rather have the previous IS which was pure beauty. Speaking of which... I love the CTS(v... :D )'s exterior. T'is perfection.

The 330i is nice as usual, the IS350 is a little too expensive but a nice car but lacks a little emotion as all Japanese cars seem to do, the Mercedes well I think it already has been said. The CTS is nice as it is, has a lot of catching up to do! They better price it right, they better move the mark on the styling, and of course the reliability better be second to none! I'm speaking of course about the next-gen CTS.

BV, the pic doesn't do the CTS justice.... nor do any of the pics I could find on google. It really looks much better then that 02-03 model you posted, and the updates for 2006 are kinda nice too. For whatever reason, all the pics I can find are of the 2003 or CTS-v. Look on Cadillac.com for the updated 2006 photos.

I was going to post something but you beat me to it again...

Bimmer:

Except for the sewer grate vents that some people b1tch about I see NO difference. What exactly am I looking for? The Caddy's shifter is kind of oddly shapped but I'd be getting a stick anyway so next question.

Most new car comparos compare the newest additions or updates to the segment. The 3 and IS are new for '06, and the C received a new engine, whereas the CTS, 9-3, A4, TL, G35, X-type, and S60 were largely unchanged. I continue to be unimpressed by the new IS's interior design, which is too parts-bin Toyota. The CTS's is more original, despite the cheapness. Edited by empowah

Guest lance armstrong's Testicles
well look at that, the lexus is 3 grand more expensive than the BMW, and they wanted to have an advantage?

Guest gmrebirth

That big brick of a centre console inside the CTS? oh yeah, real classy. :rolleyes: Welcome to the 80's GM.

Guest gmrebirth

with the new 3.5 L inline BMW 6, there will be zero competition again

THAT will match the M3's power and accel

[post="68078"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The IS350 already comes close the M3's power and acceleration; whats your point?

Guest gmrebirth

I drive a CTS every day and the interior of the IS doesn't impress me. I like the BMW interior's looks best, but none of them really stand out.

Exterior wise, I like the C-class hand's down.

[post="68437"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

To each their own. I've been inside a CTS and was not impressed.

Guest gmrebirth

well look at that, the lexus is 3 grand more expensive than the BMW, and they wanted to have an advantage?

[post="68701"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

well look at that, looks like you need a lesson in reading comprehension.

The Lexus was practically fully loaded compared to the Bimmer and the Benz. Fully loaded, the Benz and Bimmer would DEFINITELY outprice the Lexus.

That big brick of a centre console inside the CTS? oh yeah, real classy.  :rolleyes: Welcome to the 80's GM.

[post="69509"][/post]

The IS's interior is pretty shitty as well. I inspected one yesterday at LAIAS, and I wasn't impressed by its floppy sunroof cover, crude lower-dash materials, 1980's seat heater switches, bland wood, uninspired colors, pieced-together and unharmonious design, generic Walmart stereo system center stack, randomly scattered parts-bin switches, Brother Labelmaker fonts, loosely-fit rear seat bottom leather, afterthought tweeters, afterthought front armrest, cancerous HVAC vents, foot-operated parking brake, and inhospitable rear seat. I couldn't forget the tinny sheetmetal either... the 3-series and A4 destroy it in build quality.

Posted Image

Posted Image Edited by empowah

The lack of a manual rules out the IS350 for me...but the interior and exterior design is very good... I like the C-class, even though it is the oldest in this group. The new 3-series is growing on me, but I still prefer the exterior and interior styling of the previous E46 model.