Anyone seen a Tahoe (07) at a dealer yet?

07_Denali

Just wondering if they are hitting the ground yet?

[post="67537"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I saw a Tv comercial last night during the Orange Bowl game. Said comming January 10th. So they should start trickling into dealers sometime after that.

Dirty Vega

someone reported on this site thier dealer had already received 2. I saw heavy promotion sunday night during some of ABCs shows. Don't know that I am a fan of much of the advertising pitch. There's nothing fresh or innovative about the commercials, like the HHR, just the usual Equinox Revolution fare.

I've seen one '07 tahoe commercial a couple of times, the one that does what GM does worst in their advertisments, it talks about the features. The second row seats, the backup camera, whatever else. I've gotten so used to "Employee Pricing" and "Red Tag Event" commercials that I almost forgot that there are other reasons to buy GM. Coming off of that tangent, no I haven't seen one yet. There are two Chevy dealers within 10 miles of me, one is huge and evil, the other is smaller and family owned. Oddly enough, the smaller, family owned dealer usually gets new intros faster than the big one. The C6 is the only vehicle that has come out in the last year or so that I have seen first at the big, evil dealership. The Cobalt, the HHR, the Impala, the Monte Carlo and the facelifted Malibu all showed up in decent number (3-10 on the lot) at the smaller dealer than at the big one.

07 Tahoes are in some dealers right now! My dealer has 1. Saw a load (4-5) others leaving his place for other dealers. Dealer says they can't sell it b/c they have no pricing/window sticker, but it's definitely there! Black/Ebony interior/20" wheels/LTZ----AWESOME looking truck.

I saw a 2007 Yukon and a 2007 Tahoe already at local dealerships. I only saw the Tahoe from far away, but I got up close to the Yukon and peered inside. The Yukon is definitely not the looker of the two, and there was a fleet of them at this dealer, roughly 10 or so. There was only two black Tahoes at the other dealer. Onto impressions: The interior is un-freaking-believable. Im serious. Yes it looks pretty in pictures. It is NOTHING compared to what it looks like inside. You'd swear you were looking at an ML or other upscale SUV interior. It is VERY nice. Its hard to explain, but looking at it, I just felt all warm and fuzzy inside. I could not stop thinking about it all day. It looks that good. It's just pieced together so beautifully....this is exciting. I still cant get over how nice it was. The exterior looked ok, the people that worked at the GMC place even admitted that they thought it was ugly. The Tahoe however looked incredible in black. I almost stopped had I not been doing 55. Go check one out if you can. They should be at dealers now. Im so glad I waited for an 07 Avalanche. I would have been kicking myself...

If the '07 is coming out in early '06 why not just call it an '06?!

[post="67699"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Because the '06 Tahoe looks just like the '05 Tahoe and would create confusion. That, and people always want the newest thing out there, and having an '07 Tahoe just sounds better to many that an '06.

Oh lord, I'm going to have to fight the urge to trade up the 04 Silverado for a GMT 900 based pickup. I still have 3 years of payments left, but I know I would love the new pickups so much more. I just hope they don't sell out the body completely and make huge unusable bedwalls like the F150.

Just wondering if they are hitting the ground yet?

[post="67537"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

yes and no good sir, we have about 6 already... but we cant sell them quite yet, due to we dont know how much to charge, gm has not given us the invioce...

they look magnificant.... pictures to come if i had a way to post them...

yes and no good sir, we have about 6 already... but we cant sell them quite yet, due to we dont know how much to charge, gm has not given us the invioce...

they look magnificant.... pictures to come if i had a way to post them...

[post="67767"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

imagehack.com
upload them on there and then click image at the top of reply screen and insert the url it gives you.

I checked my dealers site, had none but I think its good that they are currenty sold out of impys,HHR's,Malibu's, and even the new MC

Edit: Or maybe its cuz the new MC isnt out yet??

[post="67793"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

we've sold a few monte's and i've seen em on the road...

everyone is out of vehicles because the rail roads are occupied... with hurricane damages...

We have 4 on our lot right now.  3 Blacks and one Goldmist metallic.  We put some 22's on the gold mist and it looks sweet.

[post="67920"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

yea i love the fact it comes with 20's from the factory and they still look kinda small...

They look great, but I trully hope someone inside GM in charge of pricing has come to their senses and a "base" 2wd LS model starts at no more than $30k. Even if that means a little overlap with the Trailblazer for the time being, that floaty piece of crap will likely have to carry large rebates on the hood for the rest of its life, so it won't be that much of a concern.

This, I say, because with an INSANE base of around $36k right now for a stripper model, after you factor in the pretty much standard incentives, no one ever actually buys one of those models for anymore than $27-28k out the door. With the new ones, there should only be about a $2k margin they can cut into for discount, therefore eliminating the possibility of $5,6, or even 7k rebates in ADDITION to further dealer discounting.

Our '04 Suburban is nice and well worth the $30k we paid in the end after the no questions asked $10k discount, but wouldn't even get a second look had we been forced to pay anywhere near the $41k sticker.

Expeditions start in the very low 30's, Armada's the same, Durango's in the high 20's, and with the Tahoe still lacking things like a comfortable or fold-flat 3rd row, it needs to have at least some kind of MSRP advantage right from the get go.

Well, that, and no more $59k+ Chevy Suburban LTZ's like at the local dealer now...YIKES...

Because the '06 Tahoe looks just like the '05 Tahoe and would create confusion. That, and people always want the newest thing out there, and having an '07 Tahoe just sounds better to many that an '06.

[post="67711"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

So? If they keep doing that, pretty soon they'll be releasing '09s in '07! :o

theres 2 at Robert Chevy in Hicksville here on Long Island. The LTZ is just awesome. Best looking truck out there IMO 49k. they also have a Trailblazer SS which is also pretty cool.

My dealer got one in yesterday. It was an LT but appeared to have pretty much everything but the 20" wheels. It had NAV and the rearview camera, so it had to be pretty loaded to the gills (it didn't have the window sticker yet, so I don't know for sure what all it had).

Well, I was over there night before last, test driving a white Cobalt SS 2.4L. No one was looking at them at the time. There were customers in the showroom oohing and ahhing over an orange HHR though.

I love the new Tahoe, it looks especially sexy in pristine white.

yea i love the fact it comes with 20's from the factory and they still look kinda small...

[post="67929"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

they will be offering some 22's from GM Acessory...

GM says GMT800 rims will not fit... although the bolt pattern is the same, the offset is differnt...

They've been in my area for almost three weeks now. Very attractive vehicles... much more so than the last gen, which looked old after about 5 minutes. GM did a very good job.

hate to rain on everyones party but we have recieved about 65 already... sold about 15 so far...

anyone in so cal want to come take a look... we are probably your place to stop... let me know whats up

[post="77781"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Good to hear. Did you have to discount them much? Several dealers are already selling them right around invoice like they have every other car for years, but I wonder how different it is in So. Cal. right now...which sometimes can be a mecca for overpricing?

Good to hear.  Did you have to discount them much?  Several dealers are already selling them right around invoice like they have every other car for years, but I wonder how different it is in So. Cal. right now...which sometimes can be a mecca for overpricing?

[post="79021"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

No discounts... had to talk the desk into doing a family deal... but no discounts...

those that discount them are hurting GM very badly... Prices must be firm...

has anyone driven one here yet? i'd like to know about suspension improvements and powertrain improvements from people here. though i'm sure everyone will be really happy with those.

[post="79118"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

some people say the engine pickup is a little weaker then the old 5.3... they say it doesnt get up to speed as quickly... with 320 hp what else could you ask for...

the suspension is much better, much stiffer ride and chassis... handles very smoothly and makes the competition seem really old...

Guest YellowJacket894
I went to a local dealer to check out a GMT-900 Tahoe in person for the second time. Can you guess the sticker price? I'll give you a moment. $43,970 without tax or license for a decently loaded LT with four-wheel drive. Insane. However, the truck looks to be worth every penny. It's just grasping the thought of a $40,000 sticker price on a mid-level Tahoe that sort of shocks me.

I went to a local dealer to check out a GMT-900 Tahoe in person for the second time. Can you guess the sticker price? I'll give you a moment.
$43,970 without tax or license for a decently loaded LT with four-wheel drive. Insane. However, the truck looks to be worth every penny. It's just grasping the thought of a $40,000 sticker price on a mid-level Tahoe that sort of shocks me.

[post="81946"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I feel ya, BIG TIME...but, you can still compare that to a current '05 or '06 where the typical LT 4wd model stickers at no LOWER than $48-49k. Of course there is always more than a $10k discount on those, but it's still ridiculous.

I priced out a few "for fun" in the past couple weeks, and the final MSRP's are a couple grand lower than before, but still too high. So, I think, it won't be long before there's some pretty heavy discounting, as soon as the initial "gotta have the 1st one" factor wears off a bit.

Guest YellowJacket894
I think it's funny how just 25 years ago, if you tried to sell a truck for $43,000, you'd go bankrupt. Not to mention you get a nice straight jacket as part of the deal.

I think it's funny how just 25 years ago, if you tried to sell a truck for $43,000, you'd go bankrupt. Not to mention you get a nice straight jacket as part of the deal.

[post="81975"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Well, yeah, true, but trucks have come a LONG way in recent times, and most can now rival various luxury cars. I'm not saying the GM ute's aren't terrific, but they still shouldn't always build in such a big "discount bubble" into the MSRP's. Yeah, lately others like Ford and Dodge have had the same problem, but when was the last time you EVER saw a rebate go over even the $2k mark for something like a Seqouia? Didn't think so...

Guest YellowJacket894

Well, yeah, true, but trucks have come a LONG way in recent times, and most can now rival various luxury cars.  I'm not saying the GM ute's aren't terrific, but they still shouldn't always build in such a big "discount bubble" into the MSRP's.  Yeah, lately others like Ford and Dodge have had the same problem, but when was the last time you EVER saw a rebate go over even the $2k mark for something like a Seqouia?  Didn't think so...

[post="82020"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I guess what made me blurb that out is how the new Tahoe looks so much like the '73 - '91 Surburban in person. I thought to myself, what if a potential customer saw a new-for '73 'Burban go for $43,000 new when the truck was just introduced?

Thank god the new Tahoe doesn't have that "I'm sorry, please discount me," appology safety-pinned to its collar. They new Tahoe need not make a single appology when it comes to design, content, and feature. I can grant that. Hell, if GM discounts this by the truckload, they're actually pretty dumb. (It needs a good rebate, though.) Edited by YellowJacket894

There is just no way a mid-level Tahoe should go for that much money. 35k I could understand. It's a Chevy after all. It's a Tahoe, not the suburban and not the Esclade. Esclade debuted starting around $50k. That's where it needs to be. Tahoe should not climb all the way to $50k. A completely loaded Tahoe should go for no more than $45k. That sounds reasonable. For those kinds of prices, I see cars that are way more advanced and have a lot more content than the 900s. 58k-70k for a standard Escalade is pretty ludicrous if you ask me.

There is just no way a mid-level Tahoe should go for that much money. 35k I could understand. It's a Chevy after all. It's a Tahoe, not the suburban and not the Esclade. Esclade debuted starting around $50k. That's where it needs to be. Tahoe should not climb all the way to $50k. A completely loaded Tahoe should go for no more than $45k. That sounds reasonable. For those kinds of prices, I see cars that are way more advanced and have a lot more content than the 900s. 58k-70k for a standard Escalade is pretty ludicrous if you ask me.

[post="82411"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I completely agree, and have said that NUMEROUS times. At the top end, a Tahoe LTZ with everything and the kitchen sink should be at $45k (no Chevy should be in the $50k+ range, regardless of how nice it is), and the "typical" should be in the $35-40k range.

They'll be at those points and lower when the discounting begins, but until then, the MSRP's are still too high.