Choppin' Competition #17 - 2009 Chevrolet Impala

Welcome to Choppin' Competition #17!

There's no questioning the great excitement surrounding the upcoming 2009 Impala and exactly what form it will take. Comments by GM's Chief Designer Ed Wellburn have lead many to speculate that rather than evolutionary, it will definitely be influenced by historic Impala models, specifically the 1967 model year.

Your task, should you choose to accept it, is to 'Chop any photo you wish into what your ideal 2009 Impala will look like. Select any image you desire for your 'chop.

The only rules aside from 800x600 size guidelines are that it must have some element of historic styling. Exactly what and how much is entirely at your discretion. Also, keep in mind its highly likely this car will be rear-wheel drive.

The winner will recieve a Chevy Impala-related prize!

Deadline is Wednesday, April 19th @ 11:59PM your local time.

Good luck! :CG_all:

Oh well, I guess somebody has to post one of these 09 Impala's to get this started....

Posted Image

2009 Chevrolet Impala SS 454 - AWD, with all the tricks too, why not ?

This is my first idea, based on the 67-68 ( I liked the 68 better, so That is were the front end came directly from, it may be a little squashed but I can fix that if it is too narrow, kinda like it that way tho ! Also i'm cooking up a 08-09 SS coupe. sort of a transition car to this one...I'll look for your comments to refine them both.

I have added a Production version of this same car to this entry (same car 2 pixs as the first one is the concept car and the second a production car ).

I hope that is cool with everyone, as they are NOT different designs...2 for 1.

Posted Image

Well, Thats It.

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

Allright here is the other one...

Chevrolet Impala SS Coupe

Posted Image

This one is based off a 06 Impala, with a 66 Roof line, rear end & quater pamels.

The grille is from a 1970 Chevelle SS.

It is not quite as big a departure as the previous one, and I think it has a "Chevelle" kinda look to it too ?

Anyway this is a carry-over model, to the sedan, as a '08-09 coupe version.

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

mrdetroitmuscle:  Awesome CHOP.  I would love to see this car on the road.  probably gonna have to loose the chrome bumpers, but really really a cool looking car.

AHWWW. ...NOT THE CHROME BUMPERS ! ...LOL :pokeowned:

Amazing how well that 40 year old front end still "works it" right ?... Chevy is #1.

The spinning wheels & cabin are from a current Caddy CTS as is most of the body too (and Joe Cool driving), but I liked the combination with the WET pavement which came from the pix of the 68...proves the AWD feel to it.

THX.

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

hey you guys ...go see this ;

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5...+rod&pr=goog-sl

...and then go check this out ;

http://edrothworld.com/finksterforum/index...3f0ef2311a06871

THIS is the real $h!.

BTW, where are the REST of the entries here ???????...& SOLAR, you got my vote so far...That's a NASTY little peice right there!

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

wow ted thats lookin nice... i see you took a similar direction as i did...

yeah, Ted...thats a good look ! ...after easter then....

....well, Ted c'mon it's after easter now....

or else I am going to end up with 2 entries here the sedan & coupe !....LOL.

hmmmm. ? - that's cool with me tho.

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

Sorry for the extra hour, Fly. Red Wings came on and I had to catch the first period. :P

Posted Image

yulck, it should be retro...

yulck and you are retarded. :)

why casue i dont agree with you? i was ismply sharing my opinion that that is thee ugliest impala have ever seen in my life.

:AH-HA_wink:

Edited by Charger4U

i actually kinda like yurs NOS... what was the base picture for that?