--(FQ3) Axle, 2.86 ratio

--Exterior color (22U) Deep Sapphire Metallic

--Exterior color (63U) Cardinal Red Metallic

--Exterior color (68U) Glacier Blue Metallic

New Features

--Exterior Color (37U) Midnight Blue Metallic

--Exterior Color (42U) Stone Gray Metallic

--Exterior Color (71U) Midnight Amethyst Metallic

--Exterior Color (80U) Red Jewel Tintcoat (not available at start of production)

--(P04) Wheels, 17" (43.2 cm) 10-spoke, Chrome-Tech

--Redesign of (N85) 17" (43.2 cm) aluminum, 12-spoke, painted wheels

--(UE1) OnStar with Directions and Connections plan including Turn-By-Turn navigation

--Tire Pressure Monitoring System

--(F83) 3.05 ratio axle

--New Augusta/Sheffield interior fabric

--(KA1) heated driver and front passenger seats are now available on CX and required (PDD) Comfort and Convenience Package.

--(U2K) XM Satellite Radio now Standard on CXS.

Changes

--(P23) 17" (43.2 cm) aluminum, 8-spoke, chrome-plated, flangeless wheels are now available on CXL

--(QG9) Wheels, 16" (40.6 cm) aluminum, 8-spoke, painted replaces (QD1) Wheels, 16" (40.6 cm) aluminum

Posted ImagePosted Image

Alright, so new fabric on the CX? It's cool you can get heated seats. Kinda wish they changed the radios out like they did on many other GM models, but I guess we'll see that when they update the whole car in 2008 (which unfortunately should have been for 2007).

Alright, so new fabric on the CX?  It's cool you can get heated seats.  Kinda wish they changed the radios out like they did on many other GM models, but I guess we'll see that when they update the whole car in 2008 (which unfortunately should have been for 2007).

haha, that update should have occured a few days after they launched the lacrosse! :duh:

Anxious to see the Midnight Amethyst Metallic color... not sure dark purple will work on the LaCrosse.

I am interested in seeing that color, too. I think a dark purple will work since I believe the LaCrosse looks better in dark colors. I like those aluminum 10-spoke wheels that are pictures. They are not represented in the rundown, though.

How about a new front grille? That's what it REALLY needs.

Hate to see the Glacier Blue go. They just needed to deepen it some. I hope the new fabric in the CX is better than the mousefur.

Looks like the 3800 stays. Amen.

So, Paulie, are you going to pop for this car???

How about a new front grille?  That's what it REALLY needs.

Hate to see the Glacier Blue go.  They just needed to deepen it some. I hope the new fabric in the CX is better than the mousefur.

Looks like the 3800 stays.  Amen.

So, Paulie, are you going to pop for this car???

We'll have to see. Although, I'm really liking the Aura, and the Aura comes with some features I'd find in a premium car, unlike Buick... not to mention, more standard and available power. <_<

If the colors are as shown above, what is the difference between the Deep Sapphire Blue and the Midnight Blue?

Also, did you notice that the Lucerne is showing a "Tuxedo Blue" option for its interior? Buick really needs a blue in the stable for the LaX. Blue, if fairly dark, can be construed as a contemporary enough option. I think its the burgundies and the greens that SCREAM "old school" and GM will stay away from them (though burgundy is my favorite interior color for a car).

I could definitely do a blue on blue LaCrosse...with a sportier grille.

If the colors are as shown above, what is the difference between the Deep Sapphire Blue and the Midnight Blue?

Also, did you notice that the Lucerne is showing a "Tuxedo Blue" option for its interior?  Buick really needs a blue in the stable for the LaX.  Blue, if fairly dark, can be construed as a contemporary enough option.  I think its the burgundies and the greens that SCREAM "old school" and GM will stay away from them (though burgundy is my favorite interior color for a car).

I could definitely do a blue on blue LaCrosse...with a sportier grille.

That's my theory--that they just rename colors... rarely altering them. Then again, we won't know if there's a real difference in the color until we see them. I saw my first sapphire metallic LaCrosse on the road 2 weeks ago, and it looked really nice. Edited by Paolino

That's my theory--that they just rename colors... rarely altering them.  Then again, we won't know if there's a real difference in the color until we see them.  I saw my first sapphire metallic LaCrosse on the road 2 weeks ago, and it looked really nice.

Yeah, but I am talking about the interior. Could you go for a dark blue interior in a LaCrosse...or a Lucerne for that matter....over, you guessed it, black, tan or grey?

Guess the report of this car getting the 3900 and a new front end treatment were more BS. The 3.05:1 axle should have been offered right from the start. Hope the cloth fabric is darker and is still made from the nice stuff and not the synthetic crap like in the Malibu. This would have been a good chance to add some pizazz to this car which Buick has only half done here. Why couldn't the 3.6 get a power boost to at least the 252 of the new Aura?

Guess the report of this car getting the 3900 and a new front end treatment were more BS. The 3.05:1 axle should have been offered right from the start. Hope the cloth fabric is darker and is still made from the nice stuff and not the synthetic crap like in the Malibu. This would have been a good chance to add some pizazz to this car which Buick has only half done here. Why couldn't the 3.6 get a power boost to at least the 252 of the new Aura?

Overall, if it really is like they are reporting at this juncture, I am disappointed. Also, if it's the same 3900 going into the Impala and the MC, you don't want it despite HP and VVT....it's slightly raspy.

Edited by trinacriabob

Overall, if it really is like they are reporting at this juncture, I am disappointed.  Also, if it's the same 3900 going into the Impala and the MC, you don't want it despite HP and VVT....it's slightly raspy.

Buick really should have kept the 3800 and brought it up to modern power levels of say 225-230 hp at least. It's really embarressing that Chevy gets 211 and 242 hp out of there smaller and only slightly larger 3500 and 3900 for the lower priced Impala and Monte Carlo.

Yeah, but I am talking about the interior.  Could you go for a dark blue interior in a LaCrosse...or a Lucerne for that matter....over, you guessed it, black, tan or grey?

I'd love maroon to come back. Dark blue and maroon. That'd be sweet. I love my dark blue interior (although outdated), and my dad's maroon interior (same car, still outdated)--both give a very warm look to the interior.

I'd love maroon to come back.  Dark blue and maroon.  That'd be sweet.  I love my dark blue interior (although outdated), and my dad's maroon interior (same car, still outdated)--both give a very warm look to the interior.

I didn't think you ...or the others ...would agree. I think it would be easier for dark blue to reappear. Remember, they kept it in the Impala beyond 2000 and then it disappeared. Burgundy would be too much of a throwback, though done in a real dark, mahogany like color, it could be ok and considered tasteful for the new millenium.

My feeling is the same about the sensation. On an overcast day, the forests of the Sierra Nevada need to be seen from a burgundy interior, with some good music and a couple of stops at coffee joints or Starbucks in the small towns.

Black, tan and gray are all too sterile, though tan is the best of that lot.

Also, I agree about the low hp of the 3800. If it could get kicked up, it ought to stay. Why mess with success? I've driven a couple of 3900s...too noisy...noisier than the 3800...not upscale sounding AT ALL. Why The O.C. likes it as much as he does is beyond me.

Yea......it's sad. Lucerne Super will hopefully make way as a mid model year vehicle. At least thats what I hope.

I often wonder what is going on just as much as the rest of you guys.

imo, i think the lip spoiler gave the car a nice, slightly sporty egde to it.

It's too subtle...it's almost not worth doing. And it's an expensive option...almost $ 300.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay... so what surprised me is that I was toying around on the Buick website, and the Amethyst color already exists on the Rendezvous:

2006 Rendezvous:

Posted Image

Originally, I had thought the color would have been more like this:

200x Faux Amethyst Rendezvous:

Posted Image

After re-reading the color changes for 2007, the word "midnight" makes me think it's more like the former.

Just my $0.02.