Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

2007 Buick Allure Changes

CadillacCTS

Instead of listing only the ones the US site missed I just put them in bold:

• 4 new colours

- 37U Imperial Blue Metallic

- 42U Dark Tarnished Silver

- 71U Lunar Quartz Metallic (Aug. Availability)

- 80U Red Jewel (Tint-Coat)(mid-Aug. availability)

• New interior cloth material

• Heated Cloth seats available (interim)

• New 4 Spoke steering wheel

• Generation 7.1 OnStar™ Receiver with Directions and Connections

• Final Drive Ratio changed from 2.86 to 3.05 on CX and CXL models

• Engine Coolant Heater KO5 optional on CXS model

• Tire Pressure Monitor standard on all models

• P23 Wheel available on CX model

• New 17” Chrome Tech Wheel option P04

• New 17” Chrome Aluminum Wheel option PZE

• New style Painted Aluminum Wheel option N85

• Front License Plate bracket to only those provinces that require it

• New instrument panel wood grain

• New instrument cluster graphics and pointer colour

• Floor Shifter Knob now leather wrapped on CXS model

• Ebony/Lt Neutral interior available on CXL model

• XM Radio standard on CXS model

Oooh... I'm interested to see these interior changes... the wood although good, could have been better (as we saw in the Lucerne). Making the faux wood more attractive would warm up the interior (I already consider it a warm, inviting interior), even more.

New instrument graphics and pointer color? I can only hope that doesn't mean that it's just getting Lucerne gauges (italicized font and a red pointer)... but maybe LED gauges a la Enclave?

New steering wheel? Maybe the Enclave wheel? I'd like that better as I find it sportier than the current wheel.

I don't know anything about the final drive ratio, so I'm not sure what that means.

Well, now, is there a chance these changes are only for Canada? I mean, I would say no, but there are more color changes listed on your list--and the names are different... CA gets "Imperial Blue Metallic" and the US gets "Midnight Blue Metallic". I'm going to go out on a limb and say, it's the same damn color.

Good... the current Allure/LaCrosse has the ugliest gauges, wood trim, and steering wheel I've ever seen.

I can personally think of far worse offenders -

LaCrosse Gauges:

Posted Image

LaCrosse wood Trim and steering wheel

Posted Image

Wood Trim:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Steering Wheel:

Posted Image

Gauges - One of the most useless/unattractive set of gauges made recently -

Tach in the middle; Speed measured in 25mph increments... ugh...

Posted Image

Generally, the tachs in performance cars are emphasized being that when racing you aren't necessarily paying attention to how fast you're going, but how fast your engine is going...I've seen several other performance makes who do this, or if anything, the tach is usually equal/the same size as the speedo.

God I hate the 996 interior...thank god the 997 is far more improved.

Although I'm not exactly a huge fan of the LaCrosse guages--I don't really feel they're horrible. They are definitely not plain--they have a touch of class, but definitely not exciting. Illuminate them with LEDs--that'll help--just replace the bulbs behind it and the colors themselves will come to life. Maybe change the font.

Okay, now I'm not the best photoshopist by far--in fact, I consider myself still in the early stages of Novice. With just a little color, the LaCrosse gauges come to life, and with a red/white/blue color scheme, they further present American Pride.

Posted Image

Okay, now I'm not the best photoshopist by far--in fact, I consider myself still in the early stages of Novice.  With just a little color, the LaCrosse gauges come to life, and with a red/white/blue color scheme, they further present American Pride.

Posted Image

My biggest beef with the LaX gauges is the font, which is almost elementary-looking. And the overly thick chrome surround, the dials (particularly that thing in the middle), and the graduations on the rim.

My biggest beef with the LaX gauges is the font, which is almost elementary-looking. And the overly thick chrome surround, the dials (particularly that thing in the middle), and the graduations on the rim.

I'd probably just change the font, the make the "dials" smaller, and make the speedometer just a little larger.

I'd probably just change the font, the make the "dials" smaller, and make the speedometer just a little larger.

No. I think the cluster is too small. There's TOO much empty space in the dash. it doesn't all have to be filled up, but I would have done it differently.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah Imperial Blue, Midnight (Pontiac/Buick) and Deep Blue are all the same Indigo-type 37U Blue. Nice color-better than the bland Navy/Ming/Midnight (Saturn)/Dark Blue now. Where do you get the Canadian info? I'd love to see the site for Optra, Wave, G5 Pursuit, etc...it would be much appreciated if possible! Thank you!

While on the subject of dashes, why are the manufacturers all following each other like sheep? Everybody has the same iterations of boring, round guages. Yech.

Whatever happened to some of the interesting (and wierd) set ups coming out of Detroit in the '60s? I like the horizontal designs, particularly of the late '60s Chryslers. They were clean and very linear. Brushed chrome and aluminum - way ahead of their time.

GM could do well to work on those kind of themes. At least be different!

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, but there is something tiring about the red/orange dash at night on a long road trip. My favorite was the blue in the Olds Intrigue (and Alero for that matter). Green isn't bad, but blue is better.