DEF LEPPARD

I am right now listening to their new (cover) album YEAH!

Why is a band like they once were, doing COVER records? and to make things worse, covering one of my all time favorite songs, by one of my all time favorite bands HANGING ON THE TELEPHONE by BLONDIE.

WTF?

Why is Joe Elliot singing FRICKING BLONDIE TUNES?

You're covering DEBBIE, you're seriously messin with me.

i supported the bad when they were getting dumped on during the ADRENALIZE and X days.....defended their right to do SLANG.

I will give them this. Its not a bad 'sounding record'. At least its reasonably heavy.

BUT

CAN'T YOU MAKE YOUR OWN NEW RECORD? and not have it suck and have it at least rock the same as PYROMANIA and HYSTERIA?

WTF?

Edited by regfootball

I've listened to a couple of snippets from Yeah!, and take away the fact that it's a cover album, and it sounds very much like the pre-Pyromania Def Leppard.

Of their post-Hysteria days, I'd say Eupohria is their strongest album, followed closely by this one. Slang was interesting, if only for the fact that they proved they can make a decent album that doesn't rely too much on their "formula".

I've listened to a couple of snippets from Yeah!, and take away the fact that it's a cover album, and it sounds very much like the pre-Pyromania Def Leppard.

Of their post-Hysteria days, I'd say Eupohria is their strongest album, followed closely by this one. Slang was interesting, if only for the fact that they proved they can make a decent album that doesn't rely too much on their "formula".

X was decent too. YEAH! sounds good, but why not just sing your own material?

I like them up through Adrenalize, but then they start to lose me after that. I haven't really heard Euphoria, so I won't comment on it...but I didn't like what I heard of Slang and X. Adrenalize is a good album though. I haven't fully heard Retro Active yet either, but one of the songs I heard sounded like old Def Leppard (I think it was She's So Tough), so I'm hoping the rest of the album is that way.

Edited by mustang84

I was going to defend "Yeah!" until I saw this post. I do NOT think that "Yeah!" is anything like pre-"Pyromania" Def Leppard. "High 'n' Dry" is one of my all-time favorite albums. "Pyromania" was far more mainstream and marketable...but I still prefered the second album.

I have all of the Def Leppard albums except for "X" and I enjoy all of them (including the import songs I have) for what they are. I have Def Leppard's versions of Rolling Stones and Jimi Hendrix songs....and, my favorite cover, "Release Me" (the actual WORST cover I've ever heard...and still quite fun to listen to).

"Yeah!" is good. It's not "High 'n Dry" great...but it's good in its own right.

Def Leppard started getting soft with "Pyromania." Each album after that was softer. This happens to most of us as we get older. The Rolling Stones aren't breaking ground like "Let's Spend the Night Togehter" anymore. Rush hasn't released "2112" or "Moving Pictures" in decades. Are Aerosmith's "Pump" and "Permanent Vacation" as good as their early stuff?