Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

2007 SRX Changes

2007 CADILLAC SRX WHAT’S NEW

Packaging:

• New Sport Package:

-Includes Door Sill Cover, Sport Grille, Dual Chrome Exhaust Tips, Front & Rear Sport Fascias, Chrome Luggage Rack, 20” Polished Aluminum Wheels, P255/150R20 RS Tires, Limited Slip Differential, Xenon High Intensity Discharge Headlamps and Headlamp Washer.

• Theatre Package (Y46) replaces Rear Seat Entertainment Package (U42) and requires Navigation radio and 5.1 Bose Discrete Digital Surround Sound

Safety:

• Automatic Airbag Suppression for front passenger seat with function similar to CTS and STS

• New body side structure which enhances occupant protection from side impact

Exterior:

• 3 New Exterior Colours – Thunder Grey (30U), Gold Mist (51U), Sunset Blue (78U)

• AWD Badge added similar to STS

• New Wheel Caps – coloured crest, silver wreath

Interior:

New I/P, Centre Console & Door Trim

• New HVAC display

• 2 Levels of real wood trim:

-Door Trim, I/P, and Console (B19)

-Shifter Bezel, Steering Wheel and Shifter Knob (B20) – requires (B19)

• Radio systems including Navigation common with new DTS

• Bose Speakers standard

5.1 Bose Discrete Digital Surround available with Navigation Radio and Theatre Package

• New shifter plate common with CTS

• Air Quality Management System switches automatically to recirculation mode when air quality deteriorates

• Enhanced heated seats which includes 3 heating levels

Mechanical

New 6-Speed Automatic Transmission (V8 only) for improved shift performance

• All V8 require 6-Speed Automatic

• All V6 require 5-Speed Automatic

• V6 Axle Ratio change for improved fuel economy

• New Cadillac-exclusive Premium Key Fob

• Tow/Haul Mode disables Rear Parking Assist

• Front License Plate Bracket only standard in Provinces/Territories where legally required but can still be ordered

• Engine Block Heater optional

Edited by CadillacCTS

this car really needs an extreme makeover....but if advertised correctly, and if the changes to the interior are as significant as they can be--though the wording of this press release is giving me pessimism as to what we may ultimately see--and the exterior changes are smart and classy....this car can definitely add sales. Its dynamics and utility are at the top.....it's just the luxury factor that was missing before. 20" wheels.....about damn time.

I heard the SRX wasn't getting the 6-speed, but I guess it is.

Only the V8 model is getting the 6-speed. Better than nothing, IMO.

How come the SRX gets real wood but the Escalade doesn't? Because the Escalade can sell itself without it?

Why would they require you to get NAV if you want the rear entertainment? that's rediculous and will cause more than a few buyers to look elsewhere.

From 2006-05-30 Hydra-Matic Six-Speed Automatics Deliver Performance And Economy For Full-Size Suvs And Performance Cars

The 6L50 will debut in certain 2007 Cadillac STS rear- and all-wheel drive performance sedans and the V-8 powered SRX crossover SUV.

Why would they require you to get NAV if you want the rear entertainment? that's rediculous and will cause more than a few buyers to look elsewhere.

Because the DVD goes in the NAV system, there is no DVD player in the second row, it just plays on that screen. I highly doubt that'll make buyers look elsewhere.

Edited by jbartley

Okay.. these are GREAT changes! I'm very anxious to see pictures of the new interior.

I have one comment... the SRX gets real wood interior, yet the more expensive, more luxurious, more desired Escalade gets plood?!

I always liked the look of the SRX on the outside--the inside, well, it's a CTS, and that's not a good thing. Thank God it'll be fixed!

Because the DVD goes in the NAV system, there is no DVD player in the second row, it just plays on that screen. I highly doubt that'll make buyers look elsewhere.

The rear DVD system in the SRX does in fact have it's own player. The source of the screen can be either the rear DVD player or the front DVD navigation.

Well that may be, but I still say it is going to cost them sales. Not everyone wants to pay an extra $2k+ for NAV so that they can get the DVD player.

The only Crossover I like better than the SRX is the FX45

and truthfully I hate most crossovers. Esp. the Highlander,

MDX & Pilot.

Actually, it just needs a new dash/stack and new door panels.  The rest is fine.

you have your opinion, i have mine. insiders can tell you what direction the next SRX is headed....it won't be keeping it's current wagon look.....the insiders can also tell you what a disaster the crash program for a third row seat posed for the rear styling. The SRX can be a great looking wagon...with great looking, large rims. I appreciate the fact that it's different, but GM's choice of standard wheels is poor, and a lot about the rear wraparound window, and it's tall sides, is bad.

GM's choice of standard wheels is poor

Tell me about it! I think a new set of wheels would do WONDERS for the SRX. I've always hated the wheels they put on there. Wheels can make or break a vehicle in my opinion. For me, they break the SRX. Can't wait to see the new interior!

Well that may be, but I still say it is going to cost them sales. Not everyone wants to pay an extra $2k+ for NAV so that they can get the DVD player.

it's that same set-up on practically EVERY, it not all, vehicles that has rear entertainment.

I have always like the look of the SRX on the outside, loved the powertrain options and appreciated that this is a true performance CUV not like the MDX, RX330 and upcoming Lincoln MKX which are all based on FWD platforms. The SRX is a great package and has won many automotive awards for its segment. The biggest weakness was price and the horrible interior. The price was lowered for 2006 and it sounds like GM is finally fixing the interior. This sounds excellent. I can't wait to see it. When will the pictures be released?

By the way - the new key fob will spread to all the cadillac vehicles and will eliminate the key and fob that are seperate and like every other GM car. This is one more important step that is necessary to elevate Cadillac above the lesser brands.

Show me some pictures!!!!!!!

Personally I think Cadillac should stop offering any of their product without NAV. It's a premium product and should include every amenity. A sunroof has less value.

it's that same set-up on practically EVERY, it not all, vehicles that has rear entertainment.

It serioulsy is not setup that way! There is a rear player. The video source of the rear screen can be from the Nav system or the rear DVD player.......

Posted Image

It serioulsy is not setup that way!  There is a rear player.  The video source of the rear screen can be from the Nav system or the rear DVD player.......

Posted Image

a) check other GM and non-GM vehicles.

b) talking to my cadillac dealer, he said 90% of the SRX people were complaining that they couldn't control the DVD from the front seat

c) since the SRX is probably utilizing the same centre stack from the escalade (or very similar) it's probably cheaper than having the seperate player in the back seat.

a) check other GM and non-GM vehicles.

b) talking to my cadillac dealer, he said 90% of the SRX people were complaining that they couldn't control the DVD from the front seat

c) since the SRX is probably utilizing the same centre stack from the escalade (or very similar) it's probably cheaper than having the seperate player in the back seat.

Right. :banghead: Both of my parents have '05 V8 AWD 1SC SRXs. There is a rear DVD player. You can either play a DVD through the rear player, or the nav system. While using the rear player the movie cannot be controlled by the front nav system. If you are playing the DVD through the front nav system you can control the movie. The the rear screen in the SRX can display DVD video from both the nav system and it's own rear player.

In that picture, see the slot right above the controls???

If you don't believe me, check it for yourself!

Right.   :banghead:   Both of my parents have '05 V8 AWD 1SC SRXs.  There is a rear DVD player.  You can either play a DVD through the rear player, or the nav system.  While using the rear player the movie cannot be controlled by the front nav system.  If you are playing the DVD through the front nav system you can control the movie.  The the rear screen in the SRX can display DVD video from both the nav system and it's own rear player.

In that picture, see the slot right above the controls???

If you don't believe me, check it for yourself!

:duh: Your missing the point of my post. I realize the capacities of the current SRX dvd player set-up, my mom, aunt, and brother own one. I'm saying, it's cheaper, easier, and more efficient for GM to get rid of the rear nav player.

And you just re-enforced my point. When my aunt is driving the little kids, and they start the dvd, she is UNABLE to do anything if they don't get it to work if they put the dvd in the back player. She calls it redeundant and a waste.

buying the nav and theatre package will probably be cheaper than the same setup in the 06.

Edited by jbartley

:duh: Your missing the point of my post. I realize the capacities of the current SRX dvd player set-up, my mom, aunt, and brother own one. I'm saying, it's cheaper, easier, and more efficient for GM to get rid of the rear nav player.

And you just re-enforced my point. When my aunt is driving the little kids, and they start the dvd, she is UNABLE to do anything if they don't get it to work if they put the dvd in the back player. She calls it redeundant and a waste.

buying the nav and theatre package will probably be cheaper than the same setup in the 06.

As long as it has two DVD readers, one that can use the navigation disc and one for a movie. I'd think that when someone would want to watch a movie is also when the nav would be used for navigation purposes on long trips. This would prohibit the driver from listening to CDs, but leave the door open for DVD audio, like the STS. Having a rear setupgiving front controls to the rear player would be nice. In the current SRX setup you can play a movie from the nav to the rear screen while drive by entering a diagnostic code.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, the stack reminds me of the BLS. The door panels (what little you can see) look much improved, but I'm not sure the stack is really much better.

It might be okay in person, but in the pic the radio and HVAC controls look really crammed in.

Posted Image

From the PDF in another thread here...

Much better than the Tower-PC looking 2006 center stack :P

Now, if you all go to the 60 minutes piece (the mp4 file someone posted the link to) and see what interior Lutz and the TV guy are leaning against (at around 50secs. to 55secs.), you'll see an interior with a wood trim piece on the passenger side that looks just like the wood trim on this interior. Seems we got more than a preview of the '08 CTS interior there :AH-HA_wink: