Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Top 10 Safest Vehicles

AOL?  :blink:

Hey at least there's only one Toyota.

Heh. Party time!

No, its a good list for the most part. S80, well, that's expected. DTS should be there, too, since the Buick is. Odd to see the LS since its gone. Trivia - a Dodge Charger SE with a 3.5l and stability control is cheaper than a base 300 with the 2.7l and no stability control. About $1500 cheaper.

I'm surprised the Accord isn't on there. But then again the stability control is only standard on the V6 models, not the 4cyl. The TL and RL are based off of the same platform, so I'm sure if the stability control was standard the Accord would be on there too.

where's my 500?  double top pick / gold IIHS.  its safer than the TL.

No stability control? From looking at the Ford site it doesn't look like its available. This wasn't just about how safe each car was when in an accident, it included the ability for a car to avoid a collision, or a roll over which accounts for (according to them) 28% of traffic fatalities.

Edited by siegen

It's AOL... they can't even run an ISP right, who cares what they think about cars! :D Okay, actually, the info comes from some outfit called, "Informed For Life." Uh-huh. Anyone ever heard of that before? I've loved my Hondas ever since I bought my first one, but seeing FOUR of those being Honda products IS a little fishy.

So, I 'Googled' the name & went to their website. They have a nice little PDF that is a bit more updated that the list above & much more detailed...

For your viewing pleasure:

http://www.informedforlife.org/demos/FCKed...skorder2006.pdf

A brief scan showed that the Honda S2000, the Insight & the Element ranked towards the very bottom of the list, so I guess my theory of collusion is blown to he!!.

Edited by roopull

Where's the 9-3 and the Malibu?

The Saab is somewhere around #36 & the Malibu is about 13 slots below that. Both are still better than average.

Click the link in my last post for the full listing.

• 4 weeks later...

where's my 500?  double top pick / gold IIHS.  its safer than the TL.  where's the 9-3?

153259[/snapback]

Yeah, the 9-3 should be in here. I could not tell you how many highway patrolmen and ER workers have come to our dealership because they experienced some people live through some absolutly horrible wrecks in a SAAB. That tells you somthing from the source!