• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Variance

Denali Member

• Editor/Reporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,444 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 12:18 PM

Photography doesn't add disjointed cutlines and bulbous taillamps.

View Post

No but from a bad angle, it can make the rear look longer and flatter than it actually is.

I added more pics above and Autoblog has some real-world images:

http://www.autoblog....-poor-mans-g35/

sciguy_0504

Denali Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 12:44 PM

I don't have a problem with it. It looks nice and will help Altima sales. Then again, I like the Solara, too, haha. I think the G6 coupe looks better, though.

FAPTurbo

worst c&g mod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,189 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 02:05 PM

I can't wait until some rich rice boy gets his meathooks on this and decks it out with ground effec- I mean GroundFX!!!!211!!, LED's and a spoiler.

bowtie_dude

OSV Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 02:21 PM

Awful. The worst of the Altima, Solara and G6 cues all rolled into one. Nissan is treading on thin ice with their designs lately, which have either been too conservative (G35, Altima) or ugly (Versa, Altima Coupe, Sentra).

View Post

Thats what I was thinking. Its like a melting pot of all the WORST qualities of the other coupes in its class and none of the good.

ocnblu

C&G's Boldest Member

• Premium Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,569 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 02:56 PM

Can we return to the old days, when shadowy, grainy photographs led me to believe this thing would look decent? I do not like this atall, at least in photos. The Pontiac is much sweeter.

Croc

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,557 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 03:34 PM

I like the front, though the headlights are too Infiniti, and I love the rear. My biggest problem is the bulbous and pregnant-looking profile. It just lacks definition. The side sculpting should be more muscular and defined. It just looks out of shape...NOT good.

Cubical-aka-Moltar

American Cubicle Dweller

• Premium Subscriber
  • 22,526 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 03:55 PM

Interesting...a Monte Carlo-esque quarter window and C-pillar with a Bangled (think Z4) decklid. It's definitely different..will give the G6, Accord and Solara coupes some competition..hasn't it been rumoured Ford may do a Fusion coupe?

AM6_Cutlass

Super Sport Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 06:47 PM

I was actually excited about this one when I clicked on the link. Always glad to see more coupes, but I'm starting to doubt anybody knows how to design one anymore. Looks like they ripped off thier own Infiniti G35 coupe, and the Scion TC to come up with this. Too bad.

AM6_Cutlass

Super Sport Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 06:49 PM

..hasn't it been rumoured Ford may do a Fusion coupe?

View Post

Oooh, now that's something I'd like to see. Hopefully if they do that one, there will be a Milan coupe too.

ocnblu

C&G's Boldest Member

• Premium Subscriber
  • 28,569 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 06:51 PM

If they do a Fusion coupe, will it be upright and buttoned down, tailored like the sedan, or will it have a sporty greenhouse?

This would be cool... Pontiac G6, Nissan Altima, Fusion, Milan... and Malibu coupes!

4gm

Super Sport Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 08:02 PM

Yuck. I like the rearend but everything else needs to go. And I actually like the new Sentra. I saw one on the freeway the other day. It looks good. The Versa is ugly. No question. Ghosn might be needing the heave-ho from Nissan shortly.

sciguy_0504

Denali Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 08:06 PM

I think the Versa is good looking, along with the Sentra (in non-SE-R guise).

#33 Guest_YellowJacket894_*

Guest_YellowJacket894_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2006 - 08:10 PM

Call me crazy, but I actually sort of like it. The headlamps are a little too rounded and the grille insert is weak compared to the sedan's, but, still, it's not too bad. I wouldn't be really be that ashamed to be seen in it. I was expecting more, though, so I am, in a few ways, disappointed. It's nothing a MCE can't fix, though.

Rymanrph

Stock Member

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 08:45 PM

This is worse than the new sentra. Wow, this thing is ugly. Very disappointing.

blackviper8891

Schwarze Schafe

• Editor/Reporter
  • 12,061 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 12:25 AM

The new pics certainly help, but its still pretty sad looking. It looks chunky. The decently sized wheels look small beneath the body. The front looks like a bloated 350Z. The rear, a bloated G6. And is that an oval-ish rear window? Hilarious. :lol: I was hoping this would be the sexy alternative to the sedan with improvements to its problems. It still is, but the problems are still there and well, it doesnt look right.

SableStyle

Red-Line

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 08:32 AM

I dunno...it's not an eyesore to look at... and it's way better than the Solara, Monte Carlo, and the new Sebring (albeit different types of car). Better than the G6? Nah, but this does look nice.

ToniCipriani

Denali Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,648 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 10:12 AM

It'll probably look better if they didn't use the all red taillamps. Otherwise it just looks as if they Bangled the G6 (and no, that's not a compliment).

Croc

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,557 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 01:00 PM

This is a vehicle you HAVE to see in person. I don't know what is wrong with Nissan's photography, but when beholding this work of art in person it is GORGEOUS and SEXY. There were enough people crowded around it at the show yesterday to know it wasn't just me...especially since I thought it looked pregnant and out-of-shape going into it based on the press pictures. It looks neither in person. Simply awesome.

FUTURE_OF_GM

The Lewis Black of C&G

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 01:00 AM

:puke:

The G6 coupe should be compared favorably to this, but I'm sure it won't be.

I for one think the G6 is sexy as hell in GTP form. This, however is too 'unfinished' or 'weighty' The proportions look horrible and it almost looks too 'thick'

It's hard to pinpoint.

I agree with enzl about Nissan as of late... "The thrill is gone"

Shift_the Altima with down syndrome

FUTURE_OF_GM

The Lewis Black of C&G

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 01:22 AM

And the :bs: begins....

Like the G35 coupe, the Altima coupe offers gorgeous, striking styling. The new looks, combined with the available V6 and six-speed manual transmission, offer some genuine attitude in a segment filled with vanilla mediocrity. Just don't call it Nissan's Monte Carlo. — Josh Jacquot

Straight from Edmunds... It even includes the Monte Carlo reference as if he KNEW this design sucked, yet had to compensate for it.

Talk about spreading it on thick.... "gorgeous, striking styling' I bet the G6 (Or any other domestic) will never get accolades like that. In fact that's the best "Edmunds take" I've read about the whole show.

AND from Car & Driver:

But one of the car business’ best-kept secrets was that the new four-door Altima will be joined next summer by a striking coupe version. The 2008 Altima Coupe represents the first time that the Altima will be offered as anything but a four-door, and Nissan deserves some credit for styling a car that doesn’t look like exactly like the sedan on which it’s based. The proportions are much different, thanks to a four-inch-shorter wheelbase and 7.1-inch shorter overall length compared to its more domestically inclined sibling. Its sloping roofline and tapering greenhouse also look terrific, though both exact a measurable penalty in terms of overall rear seat space.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users