Build Theme!

Photo

FIRST LOOK: 2008 Saturn VUE

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

Poll: What do you think of the new VUE! (154 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think of the new VUE!

1. 5 - I'm lovin' the VUE! (52 votes [33.77%])

Percentage of vote: 33.77%

2. 4 - Hey, its good, but... (57 votes [37.01%])

Percentage of vote: 37.01%

3. 3 - Not great, but not bad. (29 votes [18.83%])

Percentage of vote: 18.83%

4. 2 - Not that good at all. (6 votes [3.90%])

Percentage of vote: 3.90%

5. 1 - I just threw up a little. (10 votes [6.49%])

Percentage of vote: 6.49%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Flybrian

Aurora Oldsmoborealis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,050 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 12:08 PM

GM @ LAIAS
2008 Saturn VUE Image Gallery

:forum: 2008 Saturn VUE Press Release

EXTERIOR
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

DETAIL
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Flybrian

Aurora Oldsmoborealis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,050 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 12:10 PM

INTERIOR
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

LutzNutz

Stock Member

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 12:11 PM

I liked the black plastic trim on the Antara - any idea if there will be a trim level that offers that?

CSpec

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,660 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 12:12 PM

I'm not too wild about the VUE. The proportions are odd (huge front overhang, tiny rear overhang), the cargo space doesn't look great, and the interior doesn't look very good either. Also, why are all the engines so weak?

HarleyEarl

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,036 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 12:24 PM

It has more going for it then against it, but the dead-on profile looks awkward. And whats with all those disjointed tailights and sidemarkers..looks too busy and unnecessary. Oh, and it desparately needs a vinyl roof option.

PurdueGuy

Denali Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,194 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 12:39 PM

YES! THEY PAINTED THE BUMPERS! :D Overall, I think it looks great. The front looks a bit busy, though. Some nice details in there, like the side marker in the middle of the side vent thing (hope that vent is actually open, not just some stupid piece of plastic...)

thedriver

Super Sport Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 12:57 PM

Exterior: looks too. . . foreign? More East than West unfortunately. Like a Hyundai or Kia. Interior: very nice, retains the versatility while upgrading appearance. Overall score: 5

z28luvr01

Mr. Fantastic

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,329 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 01:04 PM

It's more substantial and and mature looking than the current Vue, and way more appealing than the Torrenox. ONenitpick - I think they should have went with taillights similar to what's in the Aura and Sky to keep the family resemblence.

Croc

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,557 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 01:09 PM

And whats with all those disjointed tailights and sidemarkers..looks too busy and unnecessary.

View Post

Except for what Harley mentioned above, I like it!! I think it looks better than the Antara, which was way more ho-hum than I would have liked. This looks somewhat sexy, and I don't find the profile odd at all.

aaaantoine

OSV Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 01:21 PM

This doesn't appear nearly as elegant as the Aura and Sky do. The interior design is alright, but not that great. The exterior is also okay, but nothing remarkable.

sciguy_0504

Denali Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 01:44 PM

I think the interior looks great. It transmits that European vibe without being too Euro and is perfect for what the new Saturn is going to be. The exterior is alright but I'm not feeling the RX-esque headlights and the rear bumper with the side markers/reflectors looks weird. The Hyundai Tuscon-like rear end just adds to it. The headlights are my biggest problem. They're too soft for me. The side vents and painted bumpers are nice touches, though.

BB_454

Red-Line

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 01:55 PM

Tisk tisk, the door panel doesn’t line up properly with the dash, guess that signifies questionable build quality? Surprised nobody noticed that. I like it though, its better looking than the current one.

FAPTurbo

worst c&g mod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,164 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 02:00 PM

Yeah, that interior looks pretty good. Overall, it's better than the current Vue, and I think it'll make a good addition to the revamped Saturn.

big blue

Super Sport Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 02:12 PM

I guess since the Antara has been out for awhile the wow factor has left me. Actually it was never really there, I think the new Vue looks a little too soft and doesn't really display the toughness that is expected of any SUV. The current refreshed VUE looks pretty decent inside and out still imo compared to the next-gen ver. Rear end is a little too rounded off for my taste. I prefer a squared off rear end for better cargo carrying capacity and it also looks better. Right now the Vue reminds me of a Kia/Hyundai. The interior is ok, glad they didn't use the standard GM radio/HVAC unit which we all feared when we saw those spy photos. At least they covered it up this time so it looks different.

Edited by big blue, 29 November 2006 - 02:13 PM.

Dodgefan

`Cuz I'm Awesome

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,479 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 02:27 PM

It's ok, don't care for the color choice, and in the interior changes aren't really for the better compared to the Antara. It also looks too Foreign...which it is (it's based on the Daewoo SUV badged as the Captiva right?). That being said, it's a step up over the current view in every way. I wanna see it in Red Line trim.

siegen

Denali Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 02:46 PM

Exterior: looks too. . . foreign?  More East than West unfortunately. Like a Hyundai or Kia.

Interior: very nice, retains the versatility while upgrading appearance.

Overall score:  5

View Post

The exterior does look more Japanese/korean. It looks like it could be a Hyundai. But I think it looks good, and considering the market for these vehicles is mostly women, I think it will do great. It's a very solid design other than the fake brake vents.

Edited by siegen, 29 November 2006 - 02:47 PM.

american_revolution_2005

OSV Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 02:46 PM

This is alright but the colour is absolutely dreadful. If they showed it in black I may think better of it but it doesn't look good in that colour.

C.H.U.D.

GXP Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 02:52 PM

Can't say I like how this one looks on the outside. The interior is another story, however.

jbartley

GXP Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 02:55 PM

AWESOME! thank-god that ugly black plastic trim didn't make it over. really impressed by the interior, specially the wheel. love it! can't wait to see how the materials feel up and close. I think the side vents make it look pretty upscale and sporty. like how the turn signal is integrated into them. sweet wheels! can't WAIT to see the redline version!

Bimmer325

OSV Member

• Editor/Reporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 03:00 PM

I, for one, am really liking this.

They nailed every aspect of the design with the exception of the front-fascia, which appears a bit odd. The rear, on the other hand, is gorgeous. As for the interior, I'm impressed with attention to detail. The steering wheel is undeniably cool, the door-panels look like some of the best out of GM, and the leather-stitched gear selector looks great. Everything just looks extremely high-quality. Look at the grain on that steering wheel leather.

Overall, I'd say this will be the most attractive car in it's class. I'm having a tough time finding a competitor that looks better:

Certainly not these...

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users