What do you think of the new VUE!  

154 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new VUE!

• 5 - I'm lovin' the VUE!
    • 4 - Hey, its good, but...
    • 3 - Not great, but not bad.
    • 2 - Not that good at all.
    • 1 - I just threw up a little.

Exterior: looks too. . . foreign?  More East than West unfortunately. Like a Hyundai or Kia.

Interior: very nice, retains the versatility while upgrading appearance.

Overall score:  5

221648[/snapback]

I agree with this statement, while it does like very nice, it's a bit too Korean in design (let me guess, Daewoo designed it?).

Well, my initial reaction when I saw it yesterday was that I didn't like it. I let it settle for the last 24+ hours and after seeing the silver one in ssthriller's post, I can say I like it more today. After buying a SKY this past spring and an AURA recently, I can say that the OUTLOOK is more my style than the new VUE; with that said, I'd say I could see my wife wanting it more than me.

All past Vue Red Line models have just been the top V6 model with a body kit and altered suspension - dunno if they might do the same again.  I'm sure the 3.6L+6spd will be very nice, but I'd like to see them make the Red Line model higher performance than the regular top model this time...

222169[/snapback]

First of all, I like the design of the new Vue...BUT...

We were seriously going to consider buying one this coming summer, but I want a Redline version. Now I'm very dissapointed because we now will probably opt for a Rav4 sport or a car instead.

It almost makes me sick that the new UPDATED Redline Vue is going to have the same HP as the current one, but weighing 500 lbs more. Even with 1 extra gear, that is going to be SLOWER than the current one. I wanted a slight increase, not a decrease in performance.

I guess there is a chance they might give the Redline a higher rating, but I doubt it. The specs released by Saturn/GM show the engine as having 250 hp, and under that very description of the engine it says it will be in the Redlien version.

I'm happy for those who aren't looking for an ultra performance Version of the Vue, this should be nice for them. I'm dissapointed myself though...now if we get a small SUV it is going to be the Lighter and more powerful Rav4.

I honestly think GM should add a 6-speed manual tranny to the 3.6l. I love this car, but coming from a family who loves to shift on their own, I will try to buy anything with a stick.

222643[/snapback]

+1, I've thought about getting a Vue someday soon to replace my wife's aging '93 LeSabre, but I'm left debating. She & I both like driving stick, but we can only get that with the pretty slow 4cyl version. The current 3.5L or the upcoming 3.6L with a stick would be a great combo.

I wouldn't be surprised if the new VUE redline will come with a stick. So, keep your hopes up. They managed to make this look better then the Antara. So, I'm happy. I was getting really nervous there when it first came out.

Edited by Cadillacfan

I wouldn't be surprised if the new VUE redline will come with a stick.  So, keep your hopes up.  They managed to make this look better then the Antara.  So, I'm happy.  I was getting really nervous there when it first came out.

222699[/snapback]

I really hope so. I will certainly buy one. I test drove the suzuki Grand Vitara stick. It is fun to drive. But I need a more powerful V-6. I

+1, I've thought about getting a Vue someday soon to replace my wife's aging '93 LeSabre, but I'm left debating. She & I both like driving stick, but we can only get that with the pretty slow 4cyl version. The current 3.5L or the upcoming 3.6L with a stick would be a great combo.

I guess there is another Boilermaker family who loves stick shifts.

First of all, I like the design of the new Vue...BUT...

We were seriously going to consider buying one this coming summer, but I want a Redline version. Now I'm very dissapointed because we now will probably opt for a Rav4 sport or a car instead.

It almost makes me sick that the new UPDATED Redline Vue is going to have the same HP as the current one, but weighing 500 lbs more.  Even with 1 extra gear, that is going to be SLOWER than the current one.  I wanted a slight increase, not a decrease in performance.

222487[/snapback]

where are you finding specs in weight?

where are you finding specs in weight?

223100[/snapback]

Check out here for curb weights under exterior dimensions:

http://www.saturnfans.com/Cars/VUE/2008/20...tml#0.2_table0C

What is says is this: V6 FWD 4,076 lbs, V6 AWD 4,325 lbs

That is scary for a vehicle that is still going to have 250hp, especially in a Redline version. A 4300 lb redline I don't even think can be considered a 'performance' vehicle in any way.

Wow. For reference:

2007 vs. 2008

4cyl FWD - 3246 vs. 3825 (+579)

6cyl FWD - 3478 vs. 4076 (+598)

6cyl AWD - 3631 vs. 4325 (+694)

Are polymer panels really that light?

Bobo, those figures are from GM's press release. So...*pulls nervously at shirt collar*

I'm disappointed, yet not entirely surprised about the weight gain. The current VUE and Equinox weigh about the same. I know that as features and safety equipment are added, and as structural rigidity go up, weight goes up, but this is almost 20% higher. The new 900 trucks also got big weight gains. Nowadays, 4,000 to 6,000 pound vehicles are the norm. There's just something absurd about that.

Its even more absurd in a compact CUV. My car weighs 3998lbs, which is heavy for its class and how it manages to top the scales like that confuses me, but its a big car. This is a bit odd.

223293[/snapback]

It shouldn't be totally unexpected. The Vue is a virtual clone of the Opel Antara, and the curb weight of the Antara has been documented many times to be at or over 4,000 lbs..so it is the same with the Vue.

I really don't mind if it weighs that much if the chassis and suspension can handle the weight and it still handles well...but that is only IF the vehicle as a whole doesn't lose much performance form the current version. The 6 speed auto will help performance, but it will probably in NO WAY come close to making up for all that extra weight.

I can accept 250hp as a top line option in a 4,000+ lb V6 vue...but NOT in the redline. If Saturn actually offers an AWD Redline Vue with only 250hp at 4,300 lbs..it will be embarrassing. At the very least they have to have some kind of upgrade to the engine to get it up to 275hp at least in the Redline version.

Edited by mjd1001

It strikes me funny that the Redline would even share the exact same engine with the standard V6 VUE. No turbo, no further DI, no nothing. I don't understand diminishing a credible performance package into an appearance upgrade.

223299[/snapback]

In the current gen vue, the Redline had the same engine as the regular V6 vue, but it was acceptable, because in 2004 when the Vue's 3.5 was introduced, it blew away just about everything else in it's class in terms of performance.

But now 3 years later, not only won't it blow away most of the competition, but it will be well behind some of the competition in terms of performance (even when that compeition can be had at likely a cheaper price...the 3500-3600 lb Toyota Rav4 with 269 hp and 21/28mpg).

Once again, the extra weight with 250 hp is acceptable in a 'regular' Vue, but don't even bother to launch a redline version until you can get a little more power in the engine.

I hope those weight figures are inaccurate, because that would make the VUE ridiculously heavy.

223284[/snapback]

I'm with you---hoping these numbers are a mistake. Just going by memeory, the dimensions seem very close the current Vue--so where'd the huge weight gain come from???

Looking at the Vues competiton--it is way heavier! Hard to beleive GM would put a 4cly behind a 3800lb SUV :blink:

I have been looking at all the small SUV's from all manufacturers and plan to purchase in the spring.

The previous VU was not even in the picture but this one definitely is. Interior and exterior looks very good as compared to any of GM's competition and we will definitely be looking forward to a test drive when this comes out.

Voted Good, but...because it has those ridiculous saggy headlamps like the Suzuki XL-7 or whatever it's called.

Posted Image

Plus, the exterior in general is waaay to busy, from the rear reflectors and lamps to the side vents and those headlamps.

And, holy crap that's heavy!!!

However, I do like the interior, aside from the misaligned door trim panel in relation to the dash, unless it's just the angle of the picture.