Build Theme!

Photo

The best-looking Cadillac? The not so good-looking Cadillac?

40 replies to this topic

ricer_hater

Stock Member

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 01:21 PM

The Good: SRX - I personally think its a nice looking car. the bad: Cadillac Ecalade - The automotive equivalent of gawdy jewelery.

Oracle of Delphi

Proto European

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,388 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 01:29 PM

Bring back the Eldorado!!!!!

I love these 3 years of Eldorado.

Posted Image

Posted Image

1957 (You just got to love a car with breast)
Posted Image

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S, 11 June 2007 - 01:32 PM.

blackviper8891

Schwarze Schafe

• Editor/Reporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,058 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 02:01 PM

BLS - Not bad, but too odd. CTS - Love it. DTS - It's decent, I like it. Escalade triplets - Interior = Good, everything else = Not so good. SRX - It's not bad, but has odd lines. SLS - It's what the STS should be. STS - Blah... It's watered down. The G8 is more exciting. XLR - Are you guys nuts? It's beautiful!

Dodgefan

`Cuz I'm Awesome

• Admin
  • 23,501 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 02:39 PM

Posted Image

There's one of those for sale at a used car dealership downtown.

ZL-1

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,712 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 02:43 PM

Interesting pics you posted, sir! 3 very nice cars!

Sixty8panther

Firing on all 16 cylinders

• Members
  • 14,576 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 04:04 PM

Best Looking Cadillac: new CTS I also like the Escalade, STS & SRX The XLR is cool but has not aged as well as some of the others... Worst Looking: DTS. Those goofy FWD proportions make for a stupid looking profile. Like 99% of modern FWD cars the damn front wheels are set back about 12" more than would look pleasing to the eye. The current Nissan Maxima & Buick Lucerne are two more examples of this bad styling characteristic that plagues FWD cars. Pretty much everything about FWD pisses me off. Speaking of which if we include the EU only BLS than that takes the cake! That car has a disgustingly awkward huge front overhang. :puke:

HarleyEarl

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,036 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 07:55 PM

Good:

Posted Image

vonVeezelsnider

Denali Member

• Premium Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,239 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 08:04 PM

I loved the 1994-1999 Deville, the 2002 Eldorado Celebration Edition, the 1998+ Seville.

gm4life

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,379 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 11:11 AM

I think the DTS has amazing lines and decent proportions, I know its FWD. But seriously it is a sharp looking car. Just wish it had a 6spd. auto and a new platform for 'er. I like the XLR all it needs is an interior upgrade like that give to the SRX!

§carlet §wordfish

OSV Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 10:24 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Agreed. The '67 and '68 especially were cool with their muscle car front end looks, and the last gen were really sleek; I wish they had made the Deville rear end look more like that.

I also like the style of the '80s Smalldorado, despite its size. I liked the simple headlights, they were nice and clean compared to the chrome lined TV sets up until then. Quite a handsome car, in my opinion.

Edited by §carlet §wordfish, 12 June 2007 - 10:24 PM.

Z-06

Ultra Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,758 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 10:37 PM

Posted Image

That's the best looking EVAR!!!

balthazar

Yoda of Vintage cars

• Members
  • 13,606 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 06:52 AM

You guys all see the V-Series mesh grillework's origin on that '30 above, right?

agman25

Stock Member

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 09:06 PM

Does the sixteen count (the new one). Best looking car ever IMO. Even though they built only one.

Edited by agman25, 13 June 2007 - 09:06 PM.

gm4life

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,379 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 04:16 PM

I think it could count. I think they made like 2 or 3. Because MT got to drive one at low speeds under like 50mph.

ponchoman49

OSV Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 09:52 PM

XLR/SRX- never liked these 2 designs. Too flat, dull and generic looking couples with odd angular lines, no trim or anything eye catching in there designs. Also overpriced. DTS- My favorite Caddy sedan. It has style and presence that is so lacking in most other modern sterile bland rubbish out these days. It may be FWD only but that is very appealing to me with traction limiting snow belt conditions. STS- The most overpriced Caddy sedan ever and the most sterile, bland genric styling to ever grace A Cadillac. A 21K Saturn Aura has much better and sharper styling, chrome trim and eye appeal compared to this lackluster snore of a sedan. New CTS- much better for the front and rear end but the flat plain sides of the STS remain and are my biggest turn off here. The interior is also better than the STS and kudos for the DI V6. Escalade- The best full size SUV by a mile and makes the already lame duck Navigator look very dated by comparison and it looks so much more impressive than any boring plain looking Asian truck.

Edited by ponchoman49, 23 June 2007 - 09:53 PM.

HarleyEarl

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,036 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 01:15 PM

The DTS looks perfectly fine, even good looking. A perfectly good looking geriatric car. It's from another era and it was old then. Everytime I see one, I get so pissed off at GM and Cadillac. It should never have existed. It ain't no Cadillac. It's masquarading as one. I dream of the day when Cadillac will break out and make people wet themselves at the sight of their cars. And not settle for the mediocrity that is the DTS and STS. Cadillac is iconic, it's more than just a car. Cadillac used to uber cool. Ultra hip. The Escalade brought that back a bit. They have a ways to go yet. Please come back, Cadillac. I'm waiting for you.

HarleyEarl

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,036 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 01:39 PM

Good:
Posted Image

HarleyEarl

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,036 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 02:36 PM

And while I'm at it: ...bring back names for your models and we'll forgive you this silly flirting with letters, they are meaningless, boring. you have Escalade, so just do it for the others.

Camino LS6

Head Skunk of the Underground

• Members
  • 28,852 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 03:28 PM

Well, here I go with what will likely be some unpopular opinions. :AH-HA_wink: - I hate all FWD Caddies with the exception of the last Seville STS and the last Eldorado. The rest are just plain hideous. The current DTS is only slightly less ugly than those weirdly proportioned 80s/90s Devilles which were the lowest point Caddy ever sank to. - Love the Sixteen, Cien, and XLR - Like the SRX - Never liked the CTS with the exception of the V Series which somehow made a car I thought was ugly attractive. I still don't know how that happened. - I like the STS better than the CTS, but not in love with it. -I understand the reason that the Escalades exist, but other than the very first models, I think they peg the gaudy meter. Too bad really, as some of the details are very nice in comparison to their Chevy/GMC counterparts. In any case, they are over-trimmed, over-priced versions of far more sensible Chevies and GMCs. The SUV for those with more money than brains.

gm4life

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,379 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 05:00 PM

-I actually think the DTS has very nice styling cues.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users