1999 Buick Riviera Silver Arrow

I was just wondering if anybody knows approximately what the 1999 Riviera Silver Arrows go for. I never see any up for sale and I know somebody who was wondering how much they go for generally. He actually has two of them in storage in mint condition. I think they are both under 40k miles. Anybody know how much they would be worth? The price guides tell me nothing. Thanks.

Well seeing as how only 200 were produced and only 199 of them were ever offered to the public for sale (GM kept the last one), I'd have to say they're worth probably double what a normal one in comparable condition would go for. I've only ever seen one in person; it was last January in the financial district in Boston. It was absolutely filthy with dirt and road salt but still proudly bore its Maine vanity plate that read SLVARW.

As far as seeing them for sale, one of them pops up on eBay a couple times a year; they're out there.

I saw these two and they were absolutely beautiful. I didn't have my camera on me at the time but it is an interesting collection he has. it was cool seeing them with an older Rolls Royce too. The are in a heated car storage unit and only drive several times a year to keep them running and do regular maintenance. I didn't bring my camera because I was buying the Reatta. Next time I go down to visit I will get pictures though.

Sorry- I cannot agree on the "double" estimation- for an apples-to-apples car comparison, I would say the price difference would be more like 10% over a non-SA Riv. These are just not yet big collectibles where packages will spurn big price jumps.

What exactly does a SA include over a standard Riv?

Sorry- I cannot agree on the "double" estimation- for an apples-to-apples car comparison, I would say the price difference would be more like 10% over a non-SA Riv. These are just not yet big collectibles where packages will spurn big price jumps.

Silver Arrow badge on the dash (dealer installed) and not always in the same location from Riv to Riv. Silver Arrow on the front seat headrests. Silver Arrow Emblems in place of the "Riviera" emblems on the rear quarter panels. Thats it as far as I know. No performance changes were made to the series II motors, and it had your standard 4T65E auto.

Edit: I should have said that they would probably be worth double to the right person. But as far as the average person is concerned, probably no more than 20% over what a car of comparable condition would be worth.

As far as for what a Silver Arrow includes: not much. Special paint color, Silver Arrow scripts, a numbered tag on the dash, a special Silver Arrow car cover and a bunch of little booklets on why the thing's so damn special.

I love these Rivieras (and all Rivieras) to death, but if I ever decide to go after a limited production car called "Silver Arrow," I'll stick with the original: the 1933 Pierce Arrow Silver Arrow

Posted Image

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yeah, a badge package- not worthy of the name there, either, IMO.

Give me the Silver Arrow I or III anyday- those are worth tons more than their standard production brothers.

I agree, however, being that the 1999 model run of Riviera's was short and the number's low, the 200 SA's will in time begin to rise in value. If not simly for the mere fact they are the last Riviera's (as of now) and also because of the SA name. Of course being just a badge package may not warrant an increase in collector's status, but stranger things have happened in the auto collector world :P

I.E...mid 90's Civic's becoming this generations pony car....I mean Jesus wtf....seriously :nono:

Edited by Delta Force79

Again- the name will add to the value in the future if it has a tangibility; doesn't sound like in this case it signifies much of anything at all. And there's no rub-off from the concepts whatsoever; too old & obscure (1963, 1972).

I still am convinced it will not add any more than 15% 20 years from now.