• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

z28luvr01

Mr. Fantastic

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,329 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 08:18 AM

Hi-res versions of all these photos available upon request.

z28luvr01

Mr. Fantastic

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,329 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 08:22 AM

jbartley

GXP Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 09:04 AM

great pictures...

the illuminated logo on on the Cadillac display make me think that the Cadillac logo on the steering wheel and fronte grille need some backlighting as well...hop to it GM!

corvettekidc6

Stock Member

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 09:06 AM

that coupe is really looking good, cant wait!

K.C.

Denali Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 09:41 AM

Wow, gorgeous shots of the Cadillacs! Black Cherry is really a nice color. I'm loving the STS-V. Oh if I could just have the balls to spend $80K+ on a car. The CTS-V, gorgeous. XLR-V, ready for a redesign. My Gawd that Coupe! Wow! That is a stunner!

FUTURE_OF_GM

The Lewis Black of C&G

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 02:08 PM

That CTC is probably the best looking car I've seen in a LOOONG time....

It's beautiful, I'm in love.

Cubical-aka-Moltar

American Cubicle Dweller

• Premium Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,380 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 02:14 PM

I'd love to see the CTC in black cherry...love that color!

Oracle of Delphi

Proto European

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,388 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 03:02 PM

MMMMMMMMM! Black Cherry is almost exactly the same color as my Grand Prix GXP. If I decide on a CTS instead of a Saab in 2010, it will be a 2 door in black cherry. I'm liking the grille of the regular CTS over the CTS-V grille. yes.gif

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S, 21 March 2008 - 03:03 PM.

mrblackwell17

Stock Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 03:10 PM

I feel like I have seen the front of the Coupe before. By any chance was it the car actually under the tarp when Lutz was on 60 minutes and gave us that snippet of a preview a while back and got us all excited and worked up?

gmii

Stock Member

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:04 PM

QUOTE(mrblackwell17 @ Mar 21 2008, 04:10 PM) View Post
I feel like I have seen the front of the Coupe before. By any chance was it the car actually under the tarp when Lutz was on 60 minutes and gave us that snippet of a preview a while back and got us all excited and worked up?

Yup, that would be it.

smk4565

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,046 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 09:09 AM

QUOTE(Pontiac Custom-S @ Mar 21 2008, 04:02 PM) View Post
MMMMMMMMM! Black Cherry is almost exactly the same color as my Grand Prix GXP. If I decide on a CTS instead of a Saab in 2010, it will be a 2 door in black cherry. I'm liking the grille of the regular CTS over the CTS-V grille. yes.gif

Don't buy a Saab no matter how big the rebate sticker on the windshield is. They break down, there is a reason they are in the bottom 5 of JD Power reliability rankings. Although if lots of torque steer is #1 on your shopping list, (which it probably is if you have a Grand Prix GXP), a Saab may be for you.

I agree the regular CTS grille is much better than the V-series. I just wish the base CTS grille wasn't all plastic.

Edited by smk4565, 22 March 2008 - 09:09 AM.

The O.C.

Denali Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,588 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 09:26 AM

QUOTE(smk4565 @ Mar 22 2008, 08:09 AM) View Post
Don't buy a Saab no matter how big the rebate sticker on the windshield is. They break down, there is a reason they are in the bottom 5 of JD Power reliability rankings. Although if lots of torque steer is #1 on your shopping list, (which it probably is if you have a Grand Prix GXP), a Saab may be for you.

I agree the regular CTS grille is much better than the V-series. I just wish the base CTS grille wasn't all plastic.

I'm opposite on here.

I LOVE the CTS-v styling.....the grille, everything......but I'm less-than-won-over with the regular CTS.....liking my '07's more-edgier styling alot more.....

ZL-1

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,682 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 01:02 PM

Did you take any more pics of the Provoq, Z28?

smk4565

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,046 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:22 PM

What I don't like about the 08 CTS is the C-pillar is huge and the trunk looks stubby and high. The old car was better proportioned, but the new front end is better. The bulging wheel wells make the car look a little chunky as well, I like that they tried to make it more aggressive looking, but it doesn't look as sleek as it could. Falls way short of the Jaguar XF, even with the odd headlights on the XF.

Cadillac is going to regret dumping DOHC V8 plans or V12 plans, because BMW is working on a twin turbo V10 that makes 625 hp. So much for Lutz claiming "the CTS-V will suck the doors off the M5." Although I'd be more impressed by a 30 mpg CTS than a 600 hp one.

carman21

Super Sport Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 08:36 AM

The 2010s appear to be setting up to be to this generation of American cars what the 1950s was to that generation. A new begining of greatness.

smk4565

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,046 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 02:43 PM

QUOTE(carman21 @ Mar 24 2008, 09:36 AM) View Post
The 2010s appear to be setting up to be to this generation of American cars what the 1950s was to that generation. A new begining of greatness.

Killing the STS, SRX, XLR, and DTS and replacing them with a dressed up Vue and dressed up, long wheel base G8 with V6 only power is a new beginning of greatness?

SuperSport623

OSV Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE(smk4565 @ Mar 24 2008, 03:43 PM) View Post
Killing the STS, SRX, XLR, and DTS and replacing them with a dressed up Vue and dressed up, long wheel base G8 with V6 only power is a new beginning of greatness?

you know, ive sat back as you some some stupid things with no reasons or motives then to stir $h! up around here for your own pleasure.
when you post, it physically hurts me... i mean, i feal actual pain.... i really want to sum up your posts with a quote from Billy Madison:
what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

smk4565

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,046 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 06:54 PM

According to Car and Driver Cadillac really is killing the SRX, STS, DTS and XLR in the 2010-2011 time frame. 3 of the 4 renaissance cars will be gone. I am actually glad to see the DTS go, although replacing it with a Holden Caprice style car isn't much better. I was really optimistic about Cadillac in 2003-2004, it seemed like they were on the comeback, now they have just leveled off and seem to be giving up almost, and content to be like Lincoln and Acura.

Brougham-Holiday

GXP Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 07:00 PM

I was there today, and I didn't want to get out of that red XLR-V. I love the look of the dash, and how low the car sits! Overall I thought Cadillac had a nice display, easy to navigate, lots of friendly "How can I help you?'' s and I listened about the new CTS-V. I thought the display was nicer the Infiniti and Audi which didnt have much.

K.C.

Denali Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE(smk4565 @ Mar 24 2008, 05:54 PM) View Post
According to Car and Driver Cadillac really is killing the SRX, STS, DTS and XLR in the 2010-2011 time frame. 3 of the 4 renaissance cars will be gone. I am actually glad to see the DTS go, although replacing it with a Holden Caprice style car isn't much better. I was really optimistic about Cadillac in 2003-2004, it seemed like they were on the comeback, now they have just leveled off and seem to be giving up almost, and content to be like Lincoln and Acura.

As far as I know, its impossible to predict the future greatness of cars, and you don't know how significantly the future large Cadillac will be over the standard Zeta based cars. The SRX will be redundant once the BRX comes along, so why have two? It's just cluttering up the lineup. The SRX is getting dated and in need of either a redesign or a scrapping. So as far as I can tell, if you know something we don't know (which I highly doubt), then spill it and stop beating around the bush, until then, wait and see and stop polluting the board with your smk posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users