2008 Saturn Astra XR

the aura has some interesting hues now. too bad the astras color palate is so limited.

I'd want an Astra in the Digitalgrun that used to be offered, or the Peacock. At least one of those colours is still availably (digitalgrun on the TwinTop) and peacock on the others.

I bet you could get it!!

A question for you guys,

I'm looking at buying an Astra and would plan on keeping it 7-10 years. Do you think parts availability would be o.k? Will there be non-oem parts also? Anyone know how different the next-gen Astra will be. I obviously don't want to get taken to the cleaners with very expensive part costs years from know. If the next-gen is similar, then there shouldn't be a problem long term.

thanks

b

A question for you guys,

I'm looking at buying an Astra and would plan on keeping it 7-10 years. Do you think parts availability would be o.k? Will there be non-oem parts also? Anyone know how different the next-gen Astra will be. I obviously don't want to get taken to the cleaners with very expensive part costs years from know. If the next-gen is similar, then there shouldn't be a problem long term.

thanks

b

For the most part, there isn't that much info on the next gen out yet. The Saturn version is expected to be built in mexico for the next gen, and we should be getting a sedan version. I want to say the next gen probably won't differ all that much mechanically from the current, but it's really hard to say that for sure, and especially when talking specifically about the Saturn version. GM should make parts readily available for the time frame you're looking at, but it's hard to say how much aftermarket & used availability there will be. You may be stuck paying dealer prices quite often. That may not bother you, though.

For the most part, there isn't that much info on the next gen out yet. The Saturn version is expected to be built in mexico for the next gen, and we should be getting a sedan version. I want to say the next gen probably won't differ all that much mechanically from the current, but it's really hard to say that for sure, and especially when talking specifically about the Saturn version. GM should make parts readily available for the time frame you're looking at, but it's hard to say how much aftermarket & used availability there will be. You may be stuck paying dealer prices quite often. That may not bother you, though.

Thanks for the response "Purdue Guy"

b

Wow.

I just equipped an Astra with the options that I would prefer on Vauxhall's site, and Great Britain's currency converted over to U.S. dollars as equipped was close to $40,000.

I'm not sure if the Euro would fare any better, but damn. That was insane.

I saw them in Europe in their Opel equivalent and liked them. I would have liked to have had one as a rental. It's amazing that cars we consider $ 21.99 a day or $ 149 a week rentals over here are significant upgrades over there that put a dent in one's wallet.

Good review.

Edited by trinacriabob

I've also got Astra on the brain as well. Though I won't be purchasing one till about 3-4 years from now. Keep us posted if you grab one of the astras. I love those cars.

One of the best things GM has done in a really long time.

Chris

• 5 years later...