Quite possibly the most beautiful car ever, at least in profile

car_photo_275898_7_450op.jpg

Aston Martin has released the first image of its newest flagship – the limited edition One-77. Details are scarce, but the One-77 will be powered by a hand-built 7.0-liter V12 nestled inside an aluminum and carbon fiber chassis. 0-60 times are estimated at 3.5-seconds, with a top speed cresting 200 mph.

77 examples of the £1 million coupe will be produced and customers will be able to customize the bespoke supercar to meet their individual tastes. The One-77 will be revealed later this year (Paris?) and will go on sale shortly afterwards.

This will be the first all-new vehicle from Aston Martin produced after the brand was sold by Ford to a group of investors spearheaded by Prodrive's David Richards. We're also curious to know if the One-77 will play a part in Project Alligator, the rumored collaboration between Aston and Mercedes-Benz. All details will be revealed in due time. Until then let your eyes feast on the only image we have of the upcoming One-77 supercar.

Source: Autoblog

Edited by Dodgefan

Yeah; cover everything behind the door and it screams Corvette (tho it's an obscured sketch, to be sure). Not jiving with the rear that much, nor the quarter glass shape.

You'd think with cars this compact, manufacturers -esp pie-in-the-sky-price brands- could reduce the plethora of panel seams... but it seems to be impossible at any price level.

Anyone else getting a combo of the Chrysler Firepower and ZR1 mixture vibe from that. Don't get me wrong it looks nice but I think that AM should press further instead of deriving other brand's designs. Their current crop of models is definitely pure sex on wheels.

Anyone else getting a combo of the Chrysler Firepower and ZR1 mixture vibe from that. Don't get me wrong it looks nice but I think that AM should press further instead of deriving other brand's designs. Their current crop of models is definitely pure sex on wheels.

First thing I thought was Chrysler Firepower.

I like that Aston alot, and I've always liked Astons, but I still like the Chrysler Firepower concept car MORE. I think it's gorgeous.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...

[ Can't start a topic in this sub-forum, so sticking this here. Feel free to split it off if desired. ]

Aston-Martin's rumored Lagonda sedan has broken cover:

5c0eeba0-375f-11e4-bd4b-6563fe9e5fcd_ast

5da78d00-375f-11e4-8ee0-bbd3920d40d8_ast

61a806a0-375f-11e4-8ee0-bbd3920d40d8_ast

698a2740-375f-11e4-bd4b-6563fe9e5fcd_ast

My take is; I'm seeing a LOT of Ford / Lincoln in this; Ford up front & Lincoln out back. The 3/4 & profile views frankly are strangely ungainly, like somehow 2 or 3 images with slightly different POVs were digitally spliced. In as much as the original Lagonda was hot wedgy weirdness, this is severely underwhelming from the exterior.

Still, remembering the fuss the original generated; looking forward to more specs/pics on this. 

I think a LOT of it is, unless one is willing to go down the Dysfunctional Highway where vehicles like the datsun cube gestate, there is almost no where to go, design advancement-wise, which is why the vast majority of supposedly top-tier brands are just swirling like a leaf over a drain; no advancement, just twiddledicking of the details.

Fender vent, check.

'bumperless' front; ooo! check.

'underwear showing' black plastic @ the rear to disguise terrific height mandated by CAFE aero, check.

angry head light shape, check.

chrome (split single) exhaust outlets, check.

Luxury car, done.

WhenTF is anyone going to save us from the boredom & predictability of it all? WTH is anyone going to bring out in -say- 2020?? 

Edited by balthazar

I can't believe I said I liked the front end of the One-77. I really don't like the way the intakes cut into the headlights.

On the other hand, I do like the front end of the new Lagonda. This car is much better than the Lagonda crossover they showed a few years ago. It does remind me of the '80s sedan in proportion and stance. It's not terribly exciting, but I still think it's handsome enough.

• 5 months later...