* Infinity I sound system
* DRLs
* 2.7L V6
* 173,000 miles when I bought it

Mods so far

* Added exhuast tip
* Added Dodge licensee plate brackets
* Added Dodge leather steering wheel cover
* Engine Conversion at 196,200 miles from 2.7 to 3.5HO with 122k on it.
* Custom painted 3.5 plenum.
* Replaced gray vinyl arm rest with dark slate 300M leather arm rest
* Replaced gray cloth seats and with dark slate 300M leather seats, gained 40/60 folding rear seat.
* Replaced original 300M rear arm rest with one that has cupholders
* Replaced three of the four door weatherstrips
* Replaced the aux power jack
* Replaced stock gauges with Concorde gauge cluster
* Installed chrome door handles
* Installed chrome switches
* Installed Automatic light sensor and switch
* Replaced vinyl shifter with leather shifter
* Replaced leather shifter with chrome shifter
* Upgraded to 18" Mille Miglia Uno 18"x7.5" wheels. Wrapped in Michelin Pilot Alpine rubber
* Removed dealer sticker
* Installed OTIC
* Installed auto dimming mirror
* Replaced seat memory switch so now the memory works

Future Mods

* Fix the trunk light
* Get the center speaker to work
* Upgrade the sound system to Infinity II
* Get the body panels to line up properly
* Reapply the 3.5HO badge
* Replace gray carpet that has a hole in it with black carpet from a 300M
* Get black floor mats
* Change the interior color scheme to a custom Agate on Taupe scheme
* Replace the dash with one that inst cracked
* Upgrade to ATC
* Get a RB1
* Get a CD Changer
* Replace Evaporator Core
* Get a new a/c compressor
* Get a cold air intake
* Install true duals
* Upgrade the brakes (next time I do them)
* Have the windows tinted
* Have a one-off front bumper of my own design made
* Have the car repainted Deep Water Blue Pearl
* Get Caliber SRT4 wheels
* Gets some new exterior badging
* Realign rear door trim
* Possibly replace driver's door (but I may just stick with this one and have the dents fixed when it gets repainted...dunno yet)
* Autostick
* Considering a OEM spoiler
* Considering Spyder headlights

Satty

Smartass Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,496 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 05:23 PM

QUOTE (Dodgefan @ Mar 14 2009, 06:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It now costs $60 according to their site. dry.gif. Oh well, ten bucks more isn't the end of the world if I get what I want.

If yoiu want to make it a sure thing, take the Grand Marquis out a week or so before and rear-end a bunch of 300ms and Concords.

Dodgefan

`Cuz I'm Awesome

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,505 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 05:24 PM

laugh.gif

Dodgefan

`Cuz I'm Awesome

• Admin
  • 23,505 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 06:13 PM

Way down the rode I'd like to put dual exhaust on it, maybe a cold air intake, and eventually repaint it in a deeper shade of blue.

CMG

OSV Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 11:07 PM

Do you have a local Craigslist Dodgefan?

I hope your evap coil is easy to swap, I know a few I've seen in late model cars have been a bit on the PITA side.....

Dodgefan

`Cuz I'm Awesome

• Admin
  • 23,505 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 11:21 PM

Yeah I do, nothing good yet for what I need has turned up. As far as Evap Core, I have to look it over, but sadly it's a very common problem with LH cars.

Dodgefan

`Cuz I'm Awesome

• Admin
  • 23,505 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 04:13 PM

So, I may have located a potential donor from one of the junkyards. It's a `01 300M with 107,000 miles on it. It was in a front end collision which damaged teh radiator but doesn't appear to have damaged the engine. They started it up for me, and it sounded good...but I need to hear what one in top running order sounds liek to I can compare.

I'm going to go back tomorrow and have them do a compression test. If it checks out, they're willing to sell me it, the brain, wiring harness, and accessories and such for about $900

The same car also had chrome window switches, which I took out but forgot my debit card at home so I have to get them tomorrow. They should brighten up the cabin nicely.

I discovered something really cool (to me).

For one year only (2001) there was a special edition 300M that featured a shift knob with a chrome insert. I think it looks fantastic. However they only made this edition 300M for a few months and it is the only car to have it.

Needless to say it's highly sought after. There's only one on eBay. The chrome is scratched up and the leather is worn but it's current bid is $193 with three days left! stupid.gif

PurdueGuy

Denali Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,194 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 06:14 PM

QUOTE (Dodgefan @ Apr 13 2009, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, I may have located a potential donor from one of the junkyards. It's a `01 300M with 107,000 miles on it. It was in a front end collision which damaged teh radiator but doesn't appear to have damaged the engine. They started it up for me, and it sounded good...but I need to hear what one in top running order sounds liek to I can compare.

I'm going to go back tomorrow and have them do a compression test. If it checks out, they're willing to sell me it, the brain, wiring harness, and accessories and such for about $900

The same car also had chrome window switches, which I took out but forgot my debit card at home so I have to get them tomorrow. They should brighten up the cabin nicely.

For one year only (2001) there was a special edition 300M that featured a shift knob with a chrome insert. I think it looks fantastic. However they only made this edition 300M for a few months and it is the only car to have it.

Needless to say it's highly sought after. There's only one on eBay. The chrome is scratched up and the leather is worn but it's current bid is $193 with three days left! stupid.gif

Have you looked at aftermarket gear selectors? A lot of them are ricey, but some are classy. At the prices those 300m selectors are going for, if I found one, I'd be tempted to sell it instead of keep it (that is, if I were looking for one in the first place... I might have to try to remember to keep an eye out! lol)

Dodgefan

`Cuz I'm Awesome

• Admin
  • 23,505 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE (PurdueGuy @ Apr 13 2009, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have you looked at aftermarket gear selectors? A lot of them are ricey, but some are classy. At the prices those 300m selectors are going for, if I found one, I'd be tempted to sell it instead of keep it (that is, if I were looking for one in the first place... I might have to try to remember to keep an eye out! lol)

I agree...as much as I like it I think the resale vcalue is just too high to pass up.

I like this one by MOMO...seems tasteful.

Dodgefan

`Cuz I'm Awesome

• Admin
  • 23,505 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 11:03 AM

Big news

It's looking very likely that I will be acquiring a 107,000 mile 3.5 V6 from an `01 300M. ohyeah.gif

They did a compression test on it for me and all 6 cylinders showed 100 psi. Oil pan's good. No white milky oil. I need to look it over with my check list and carefully inspect it some more. However assuming it checks out, they'll sell it to me for $900

I've got myself a Colorado to do the transport work, so I can give a writeup on that too. tongue.gif

dfelt

Ultra Member

• Editor/Reporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,704 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 03:05 PM

QUOTE (Dodgefan @ Apr 15 2009, 10:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Big news

It's looking very likely that I will be acquiring a 107,000 mile 3.5 V6 from an `01 300M. ohyeah.gif

They did a compression test on it for me and all 6 cylinders showed 100 psi. Oil pan's good. No white milky oil. I need to look it over with my check list and carefully inspect it some more. However assuming it checks out, they'll sell it to me for $900

I've got myself a Colorado to do the transport work, so I can give a writeup on that too. tongue.gif

sign0200.gif Way to goo, I hope it all works out for you, that would be an awesome engine in your car. truck.gif

FAPTurbo

worst c&g mod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,189 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 03:39 PM

That sounds awesome DF! You're gonna have a really one-of-a-kind Intrepid. cool.gif

Oracle of Delphi

Proto European

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,388 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE (Dodgefan @ Apr 13 2009, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It does look good. By the way I didn't know a body could contort that way to take a pic ... tongue.gif

Dodgefan

`Cuz I'm Awesome

• Admin
  • 23,505 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 05:26 PM

I wish I had one of them! But I'm not about to pay $200+ for a shifter.

Dodgefan

`Cuz I'm Awesome

• Admin
  • 23,505 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 07:16 PM

I have to say, these little chrome pieces really brighten up the interior.

Oracle of Delphi

Proto European

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,388 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE (Dodgefan @ Apr 15 2009, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have to say, these little chrome pieces really brighten up the interior.

I agree, makes it pop and it looks nicer ...

deftonesfan867

OSV Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE (Dodgefan @ Apr 15 2009, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Big news

That's awesome Kimura. If you need help with the install.......

find someone else I live 5 hours away tongue.gif

Dodgefan

`Cuz I'm Awesome

• Admin
  • 23,505 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:40 AM

They're crappy pictures but here's the engine:

I went back and looked it over. No damage to the front of the engine from the accident, no milky oil or white particles on the cap or in the tube. Bare metal in the tube. Everything is there. I'm going for it.

I just need to get some time (and some help if possible) disconnecting everything before I have them drop it.

Camino LS6

Head Skunk of the Underground

• Members
  • 28,901 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 04:48 PM

Very cool.

Old school hotrodding applied to new iron - I like it.

Dodgefan

`Cuz I'm Awesome

• Admin
  • 23,505 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 05:00 PM

I went there today and disconnected the wiring, ac hoses, and other bits I'd need.

I found a problem though. It seems there is damage to the pulleys on the lower end of teh engine. One of them broke from the force of the impact. I discovered this after I had disconnected most of the parts and had things out of the way.

I haven't quite given up on it yet. I told them to pull it anyway to see what it looks like, and they have a bad engine sitting in the yard they can put the parts on from if the damage isn't severe.

I hope it isn't, since I heard the engine run myself and it sounded great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users