please post an interior shot and point out the squishy parts cause I'm lost in translation here guys. It is not a great interior. It isn't bad. It competes with the G6 but doesn't blow anyone away.

The upper dash and upper door panel materials are made of decent, "squishy" material. It's not great, but few interiors are for ~$20K.

At LAIAS it was one of the very few interiors that impressed our group. The little classy touches Ford has put in there really help.

Instead of posting pictures, why don't you just sit in one and feel the dash? Then you can actually see for yourself.

Did anyone else have the problem with the stupid Ford broad closing all the Edge's doors? I wanted to get a picture of the interior, but she decided to close all the doors just as I was about to take my shot. So, instead I got this one:

Posted Image

I've got to admit, the Edge looks better in person than in pictures. It seems a lot bigger and more substantial. The wheels probably helped with this, they were huge! Plus, they picked a good, striking colour for it. On the downside, the interior isn't anything to write home about, and you can tell that it's the same thing as the Mazda CX-7 and Lincoln MX... especially since the CX-7 is only a few feet away, in clear sight.

BTW: To add insult to injury, my camera gave up the ghost just after I took the above pic, which pissed me off to no end. I felt a little vindicated, though, when I heard the spokesmodel flub a couple lines. You can tell which ones they pay simply to look pretty, and which actually know something about the cars they're spouting off about.

At LAIAS it was one of the very few interiors that impressed our group.  The little classy touches Ford has put in there really help.

Instead of posting pictures, why don't you just sit in one and feel the dash?  Then you can actually see for yourself.

I think I've stated I've sat in one. Driven one. tested the Mercury version for a week and have the fusion coming for a week next week.

I just don't get how you sit in that interior and see it as anything superior to something like the G6. It's certainly not better than the dated Mazda6. Which I prefer to all 3.

Is it better than the Taurus? Of course. But that's not hard. I'm waiting for Ford to take a leap with their interiors to at least match the quality and feel of Mazda. Maybe we'll have to wait for their next gen vehicles...

I think I've stated I've sat in one. Driven one. tested the Mercury version for a week and have the fusion coming for a week next week.

I just don't get how you sit in that interior and see it as anything superior to something like the G6. It's certainly not better than the dated Mazda6. Which I prefer to all 3.

Is it better than the Taurus? Of course. But that's not hard. I'm waiting for Ford to take a leap with their interiors to at least match the quality and feel of Mazda. Maybe we'll have to wait for their next gen vehicles...

:lol: YOU THINK THE G6 IS ON PAR WITH THE FUSION????

OK...This debate is over and done with right now...If you don't like Ford for whatever reason and have a soft spot for GM, that's great, but please, for the love of God, be OBJECTIVE!

The G6 is so full of hard, poorly-grained plastic and doesn't compare at all to the Fusion except unfavorably. Now the design is pretty minimalist in the Ford and Mercury versions, but the quality of materials are top notch. For that price point on those cars, those materials are well above average.

:lol: YOU THINK THE G6 IS ON PAR WITH THE FUSION????

OK...This debate is over and done with right now...If you don't like Ford for whatever reason and have a soft spot for GM, that's great, but please, for the love of God, be OBJECTIVE!

The G6 is so full of hard, poorly-grained plastic and doesn't compare at all to the Fusion except unfavorably.  Now the design is pretty minimalist in the Ford and Mercury versions, but the quality of materials are top notch.  For that price point on those cars, those materials are well above average.

This is F'in hularious as I had to defend myself against GM lovers my entire time at Autoblog.

Sheesh. Maybe I was in the wrong Fusion and Milan. but I think to say it is "top notch" even at that price is plain wrong as the Camry,the old one, Accord and Mazda 6 are all far superior. Oh those aren't American...hmmm.

I think if you were a buyer you'd have a tough choice between a G6 and Fusion. I don't think joe schmoe would sit in both and go "boy that Fusion's interior is just so much better I have to buy that"

This is F'in hularious as I had to defend myself against GM lovers my entire time at Autoblog.

Sheesh. Maybe I was in the wrong Fusion and Milan. but I think to say it is "top notch" even at that price is plain wrong as the Camry,the old one, Accord and Mazda 6 are all far superior. Oh those aren't American...hmmm.

I think if you were a buyer you'd have a tough choice between a G6 and Fusion. I don't think joe schmoe would sit in both and go "boy that Fusion's interior is just so much better I have to buy that"

Fusion is incredible compared to the G6. Now, if the choice were between the SAAB 9-3 and the Fusion/Milan, it would be tough, but the 9-3 might edge out the Milan.

Before you ignorantly call me an import-hater, why don't you find my post where I went through all the interior impressions of the autoshow? Except for the SAAB 9-3 line, there was NOTHING GM I really liked.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone but me think that the ford logo looks REALLY dated and should be upated. Maybe still have the blue circle, just not script lettering, maybe like a block lettereng. They should still put the old logo on the keys and doors and stuff. Kind of like what dodge/chrysler did with the pentagon.

Edited by corvette_dude729

Does anyone but me think that the ford logo looks REALLY dated and should be upated.  Maybe still have the blue circle, just not script loettering, mybe like a black lettereng.  They should still put the old logo on the keys and doors and stuff.  Kind of like what dodge/chrysler did with the pentagon.

I agree. Ford should change the script to an all-caps silver block lettering F O R D on "blue steel" so it isnt flat-looking.

I agree.  Ford should change the script to an all-caps silver block lettering F O R D on "blue steel" so it isnt flat-looking.

Ford did the block lettering thing for years..up until around 1982. Been there, done that.

Edited by moltar

They did that ON the blue oval badge?  I'm all for keeping the blue oval...just make it more metallic and change the script to block lettering

No, it was just block lettering on the grille. You can see it here on this '79 Mustang.

Posted Image

Personally, I think the blue oval is fine as is. Should General Electric get rid of their logo because it has cursive? I've seen a few GE commercials where they do them in black and white and use the logo to hark back to the 1940s...I found them interesting.

I think it's kind of a weak argument for getting rid of 100 years of tradition. The block letters in a blue oval thing looks spartan. Keeping the logo as-is is a testament to the longetivity of Ford. Not many companies can say they have been around for 100+ years.

OK I've been in the Fusion all weekend. What do you guys want me to show you about the interior? I think I understand what you mean by soft plastic on the dash etc. But it sure doesn't offer any better quality to the touch than most others.

I'll take photos for you too if you want.

Overall the interior is growing on me a lot more than I thought it would. The buttons on the environmental controls are a pain to reach but the wheel has buttons too for that (which is unusual).

I like the handling but can't stand the throttle. It has a lot of hesitation when first pressing on the pedal. So much so I missed the gate at a parking garage with an inclined exit. The gate crashed on the hood too. Luckily no damage. Otherwise when trying to dart out in traffic you have to slam the gas to get across. I'm not a fan of that and think they definitely need to address that in next year's model. it could be dangerous even.

Otherwise I like the way it drives. Solid as a rock for the most part.

Door handles are nice and solid.

Gauges are kinda lame. The G6 does have a better gauge cluster that's for sure. As does the mazda6.

...What do you guys want me to show you about the interior?...

...I'll take photos for you too if you want.

When I was at the LA autoshow, I discovered the Milan (and Fusion too, judging from photos) have their manual lumbar adjust knob near the front of the side of the seat (where you usually find powerseat controls). It was so much more convenient and easier to use (a fantastic improvement!) than having to bend and reach around to one on the side of the seatback.

Do other cars have this?

Why haven't I read about this feature in any review?

Anyone else notice this?

When I was at the LA autoshow, I discovered the Milan (and Fusion too, judging from photos) have their manual lumbar adjust knob near the front of the side of the seat (where you usually find powerseat controls). It was so much more convenient and easier to use (a fantastic improvement!) than having to bend and reach around to one on the side of the seatback.

Do other cars have this?

Why haven't I read about this feature in any review?

Anyone else notice this?

Yes the lumbar is much better in the fusion although I hate the electronic fwd/back up and down yet no electronic recline. It's manual. Very confusing.

• 1 month later...

When I saw this at the autoshow in my area I almost walked right by it. It was so bland looking from the side view. Why can't Ford leave the naked, bland side look to the Asians? The interior is ok and it's about time the 3.5 engine came out. Judging from the fact that litterally no one was even noticing the Edge and hordes of people were clambering around the Solctice/Sky doesn't bode too well. Making this into a Lincoln is suicidal.

When I saw this at the autoshow in my area I almost walked right by it. It was so bland looking from the side view. Why can't Ford leave the naked, bland side look to the Asians? The interior is ok and it's about time the 3.5 engine came out. Judging from the fact that litterally no one was even noticing the Edge and hordes of people were clambering around the Solctice/Sky doesn't bode too well. Making this into a Lincoln is suicidal.

Agreed totally-there isn't much special about this edge-free vehicle (and even less about the MKX)-there was little buzz on either vehicle Thursday night at an empty-anyway upstairs of the Auto Show. Other than possibly the MKS and Zephyr...er...MKZ....Lincoln doesn't have a future, they've wasted their opportunities. And the cargo room, at a mere 68 cubic feet is just pitiful for the Equinox, and the same holds here too.

• 2 months later...

Is it just me or does the bright orange looks kinda tacky? Something a teenager who wants to stand out might prefer. Interiror looks fine IMO. Hopefully the Edge and the upcoming Enclave can give the Highlander and the Pilot a run for their money. So does the Edge compete with the Highlander or RAV-4 ?

Edited by andy82471

• 1 month later...