2007 Sentra

regfootball

It looks high and narrow. The camera angle is not flattering. Fly hit it right... another ION mimic, mixed with Maxima. They should just call it "Minimaxima". The interior is a high point... but I don't get all these dash mounted shifters. Vibe, outgoing Civic Si hatch, new Civic, Thetas, etc... :huh:

Pictures say a thousand words...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

That's so WEIRD! :blink:

When the Ion came out, I always thought the general proportions of the body and styling were actually not bad. But, the build quality and general refinement were (and still kinda are) at old tractor levels...and in the professional reviews, the general consensus seemed to be that they didn't like the styling.

NOW, we have the new Honda Civic that looks like a plastic Ion someone stuck in the microwave by accident and warped it just a tad, and the new Sentra which looks like an Ion that was in the dryer a little too long and shrunk.

Both of the latter cars (the Honda and the Nissan) will probably continue (or start) getting more glowing reviews that just mention "unique" or "interesting" styling. Which makes me wonder:

-If the Ion had come out looking pretty much the same but had the same high level of qualitiy and driving refinement as the Civic, do you think it would have garnered as much praise? Something to think about...

Ouch, Ion meets Maxima meets BLS. Not cool.

On a related note, it's become evident that the Ion is the new standard in compact styling.

actually i thought it looked like just a maxima mixed with a bls

the interior i saw and right away thought nicer than some

teh exterior is actually not bad but again not near the clean lines that teh bls has and im not sure i like the direction nissans sedans are going

the nissan sport concept' headlight and grill was nice why not use that styling more often? and not interpretivvely that particular one looked nice the murano looked like $h!

all in all

i see potential but not all the way there

Edited by mute