Spied: '11 Grand Cherokee

NOS2006

Looks faithful to the concept that was at one of the autoshows last year. Interesting the change from vertical to horizontal taillights after 3 generations.

The taillights and chrome bar give the rear a strong Toyota vibe, unfortunately.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

The rear scares me...

From profile, the taillights remind me of the previous 2 generations of GC (the trapezoidal taillight shape, the angle of the quarter windows), but the rear hatch details (taillights on the hatch, chrome strip) strangely make me think Highlander, Sequoia, Sienna, Land Cruiser... it will grow on me, I'm sure. Definitely like the front end, a nice improvement over the 3rd gen (I never liked the hood w/ the humps over the headlights on the 3rd gen). The front looks like an evolution of the 2nd gen.

Looking forward to seeing it in person and driving it.

The rear looks nothing like an Equinox new or old. However the rear 3/4 does give off a sort of 2nd gen X5 feel...not really a bad thing IMO.

I can't wait to see thing thing is showrooms. Nice find NOS!

I think it's more due to the angle of the pictures (especially the second one) because the official shots don't bring this out, but I kinda have to agree with loki--the back reminds me of a mix between the old Equinox and the current X5. Not that it's a bad thing, it's just what first popped into my head looking at these.

I'm also digging that blacked-out look. 8)

I think it's more due to the angle of the pictures (especially the second one) because the official shots don't bring this out, but I kinda have to agree with loki--the back reminds me of a mix between the old Equinox and the current X5. Not that it's a bad thing, it's just what first popped into my head looking at these.

I'm also digging that blacked-out look. 8)

See what popped into my head was '10 Highlander, Land Cruiser, Sequoia, etc. Oh well. I like the blacked-out look also...I'd definitely take the black wheels as an option. The whole vehicle in flat black would be a nice low-maintenance option as well.

I'd love for someone to come up with some satin colors for their vehicles.

Not sure if they are dealer options, but satin black seems popular in Europe on some Audis, Merc AMGs, etc..

Esp. in places w/ sloppy winters, low gloss/no gloss paint schemes would be great. I'd like an olive drab GC w/ black wheels.

From profile, the taillights remind me of the previous 2 generations of GC (the trapezoidal taillight shape, the angle of the quarter windows), but the rear hatch details (taillights on the hatch, chrome strip) strangely make me think Highlander, Sequoia, Sienna, Land Cruiser... it will grow on me, I'm sure. Definitely like the front end, a nice improvement over the 3rd gen (I never liked the hood w/ the humps over the headlights on the 3rd gen). The front looks like an evolution of the 2nd gen.

Looking forward to seeing it in person and driving it.

In person should be much better...

That sure screams BMW X5 ish to me, plus it looks like a corner foot hold in the bumper on the last photo like Chevy has on their avalanche.

Not bad looking, be interesting to see the finished product.

Looks consistent w/ the pics from the New York auto show from last April..

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/04/08/new-york-2011-jeep-grand-cherokee-first-live-shots/

That sure screams BMW X5 ish to me, plus it looks like a corner foot hold in the bumper on the last photo like Chevy has on their avalanche.

Not bad looking, be interesting to see the finished product.

I think that hole is where the reflectors were on the concept...

That is great work.

Isn't it suppose to be larger than the current model? I am not seeing it in the photos but they can be misleading.

Only a couple inches longer, according to the preliminary specs posted on Allpar..about 189 inches. Nice tidy size. Allpar has the best pics..these are from the time of the '09 NYIAS unveiling...love the interior and exterior (esp. the pics of the gray one in Moab.

Allpar '11 GC