NewsFeeder

Red-Line

• Editor/Reporter
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 02:59 PM

Filed under: Detroit Auto Show, Coupe, Performance, Dodge

Dodge Viper ACR 1:33 Edition - Click above for high-res image gallery
We heard about it in Los Angeles, and now we see it here in the D. Meet the 1:33 Edition of Dodge's most potent ever Viper. Why the name? We're glad you asked. Back in November, hot-shoe Dodge Chris Winkler managed to hammer the track-focused Viper ACR around Laguna Seca in 1:33.944, faster than any other production car has ever gone. Impressive, no? Only 33 of these special Vipers are being built. Here's what makes 'em so grand.

Thanks to new, more bonkers gearing, the 600-horsepower monster does everything faster. Try this statistic on for size: 0 to 202 miles per hour happens 14 seconds faster with this 2010 Viper ACR than the 2009 model. Can we get a wolf whistle? The 1:33 Edition also gets a unique two-tone Black Clear Coat/Red Clear Coat exterior color, the inverse of the original ACR, as well as modified end caps on its massive carbon-fiber wing, too. We're going to miss the uncircumsized Dodge Viper (how would you describe it?), but at least it's going out with a big bang.

Photos by Drew Phillips / Copyright ©2010 Weblogs, Inc.

Detroit 2010: Dodge Viper ACR 1:33 Edition a fitting end note originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 11 Jan 2010 15:59:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

View the full article

Dodgefan

`Cuz I'm Awesome

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,481 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 07:26 PM

A fitting sendoff for an amazing machine. I hope it's not the last we see of the Viper.

daves87rs

The +1 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,011 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 10:17 PM

A fitting sendoff for an amazing machine. I hope it's not the last we see of the Viper.

+1

I'm going to miss it...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users