Buick Regal Wagon Photos!

Justin Bimmer

I wonder when GM will announce it.

+1

Right now I'm considering a couple of used/CPO GM SUVs, and if I knew when these Regal wagons would go on sale and what the price range will be, I'd possibly consider holding off on pre-owned and focusing my efforts on one of these. I've always loved station wagons and this would definitely be a great family hauler for me.

While the prospect of a Regal wagon (and coupe too) excite me, all I can see that has Buick badges in those pictures are the sedans in the first pic. The rear shot is hard to see the badge, and on the front shot of the wagons, I can see a horizontal grille, not vertical...am I missing something here?

While the prospect of a Regal wagon (and coupe too) excite me, all I can see that has Buick badges in those pictures are the sedans in the first pic. The rear shot is hard to see the badge, and on the front shot of the wagons, I can see a horizontal grille, not vertical...am I missing something here?

The wagons have Opel grille/badges, as do some of the sedans. But since the pics were taken on a GM facility somewhere in Michigan, something may be up...

These photos were taken in Canada at Oshawa.

At GMI, where I 1st saw the pics, posts indicated that the pics were taken in Michigan. Even in the case the GMI info is wrong, the key is GM facilities, not the city they're located in.

Cheers and Gears made Jalopnik:

Buick Got Back? Insignia Wagons Mysteriously Appear In North America

First GM brings the Opel/Vauxhall Insignia stateside as the Buick Regal, then virtually guarantees the Regal GS, then Bob Lutz hints at a wagon and now here are Insignia Wagons at the Regal's Oshawa production facility. What should we think?

First and foremost, let's just state the facts.

The Opel/Vauxhaul Insignia and Buick Regal and the Insignia Wagon are currently being built exclusively in Germany, and will be for the next calendar year.

At the end of the first year of Regal production, North American volumes will move to Oshawa Car Assembly in Oshawa, Canada.

Prior to the announcement of a US-bound Regal, that car roamed the streets free of normal camouflage, instead hiding in plain sight as an Insignia.

Bob Lutz, product planning leak machine that he is, told Car&Driver back in November they were discussing the possibility of a Regal GS and the wagon. The GS "Show Car" debuted in Detroit, no news yet on the wagon.

The Insignia Wagon has no business being in the US in these kinds of numbers without production plans. They're a European-built, European-sale vehicle only according to the current state of GM announcements.

Based on these kinds of facts, we wagon-heads have two conclusions to come to; GM is either readying a Regal Wagon for the US or they're simply torturing us with just-beyond-reach wagons. A call to Buick Communication's Michelle Bunker put ice in our pants when in no uncertain terms she said, "We're unsure why the cars are in Oshawa, perhaps for powertrain testing, but Buick product plans do not include a plan for a wagon at this time."

GM's been known to deny, deny, deny right until the car is unveiled, so we'll stick to wild and unfounded speculations. The world is a better place when there's still a possibility of a high-output, direct-injection, turbocharged four-cylinder, all-wheel-drive, six-speed manual transmission-equipped Regal GS Wagon.

Back on Earth, it seems GM's content to keep torturing us with unattainable wagony goodness. We did get further assurance on the pending GS though, so at least something came from this. [CheersAndGears]

link:

http://jalopnik.com/5473277/buick-got-back-insignia-wagons-mysteriously-appear-in-north-america

Just another example of why I keep saying in 5 years Buick is not going to the same company it has been.

I will have fun seeing some of the new models come and many here who hated Buick start to consider them as a future purchase.

If you can sell this to the fan boy critics here GM hs a chance on the open market.

Edited by hyperv6

Cheers and Gears made Jalopnik:

Buick Got Back? Insignia Wagons Mysteriously Appear In North America

First GM brings the Opel/Vauxhall Insignia stateside as the Buick Regal, then virtually guarantees the Regal GS, then Bob Lutz hints at a wagon and now here are Insignia Wagons at the Regal's Oshawa production facility. What should we think?

First and foremost, let's just state the facts.

The Opel/Vauxhaul Insignia and Buick Regal and the Insignia Wagon are currently being built exclusively in Germany, and will be for the next calendar year.

At the end of the first year of Regal production, North American volumes will move to Oshawa Car Assembly in Oshawa, Canada.

Prior to the announcement of a US-bound Regal, that car roamed the streets free of normal camouflage, instead hiding in plain sight as an Insignia.

Bob Lutz, product planning leak machine that he is, told Car&Driver back in November they were discussing the possibility of a Regal GS and the wagon. The GS "Show Car" debuted in Detroit, no news yet on the wagon.

The Insignia Wagon has no business being in the US in these kinds of numbers without production plans. They're a European-built, European-sale vehicle only according to the current state of GM announcements.

Based on these kinds of facts, we wagon-heads have two conclusions to come to; GM is either readying a Regal Wagon for the US or they're simply torturing us with just-beyond-reach wagons. A call to Buick Communication's Michelle Bunker put ice in our pants when in no uncertain terms she said, "We're unsure why the cars are in Oshawa, perhaps for powertrain testing, but Buick product plans do not include a plan for a wagon at this time."

GM's been known to deny, deny, deny right until the car is unveiled, so we'll stick to wild and unfounded speculations. The world is a better place when there's still a possibility of a high-output, direct-injection, turbocharged four-cylinder, all-wheel-drive, six-speed manual transmission-equipped Regal GS Wagon.

Back on Earth, it seems GM's content to keep torturing us with unattainable wagony goodness. We did get further assurance on the pending GS though, so at least something came from this. [CheersAndGears]

link:

http://jalopnik.com/5473277/buick-got-back-insignia-wagons-mysteriously-appear-in-north-america

Too bad these photos were taken from GMI user GmFan1111 and aren't really C&G photos.

Edited by 454

The best thing here is this is a car I don't think we will see Chevy offer. More true divison identity to set Buick apart.

This is quite fine with me Buick needs a wagon just as Chevy does but Chevy being the value leader should have a cheaper RWD wagon like Holdens Zeta

Is that rear hatch cut line in the middle of the bumper? What an odd shape..

Take a look at the CR-V and the Lambdas, among others. I believe the cut line is the same way. Not good from a damageability standpoint if you are rear-ended, as there is no bumper protection for the liftgate.

Still, a nice looking wagon. Hopefully we'll be getting it here.