• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

!!!TED!!!

Dangerous with the pencil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 03:47 AM

It took me a while to do, but here is a realistic first look at the 2012 Chevrolet Malibu!
Posted Image

Posted Image

And a few extras not quite done...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

ZL-1

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,755 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 05:09 AM

They look great!

I think that when we see the rear thing the feel of Camaro-meets-Insignia on the rear end will be stronger. And that front-end reminds me of some car, but I can't pinpoint excatly which one...

black-knight

It's Only a Scratch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,907 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 05:42 PM

As I said, this new Malibu will look bolder in areas where the current car looks too underdone, especially the rear. I still won't give it my approval until I see official photographs and the finished product in person but I also don't think it's going to be as bad as some people think.

CSpec

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,660 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 06:22 PM

Great job Ted. It really does look like it's going to be a reskinned Regal on the same short wheelbase.

Camino LS6

Head Skunk of the Underground

• Members
  • 28,898 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 07:36 PM

Unfortunately, I think Ted's work represents what the drawings indicate far more accurately than that red car.

Too bad, really.

regfootball

Firing on all sixteen cylinders

• Members
  • 19,100 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 08:48 PM

now I see Ted's great graphic work and I am less than impressed with this car again.

I am tellin ya all the Regal's interior back seat is not big enough for mainstream family sedan class. Regal can get away with it, because its not a core brand.

PurdueGuy

Denali Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,194 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 11:51 PM

Am I the only one thinking that it looks pretty lousy? Good job on the renderings, I don't mean to diss that, I just don't like the proportions and lines of the car. I'm sure the real thing will look a bit better, but I'm just not seeing anything to be excited about here.

!!!TED!!!

Dangerous with the pencil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 01:50 AM

I havn't done one of these renderings in a long time, so Im a bit out of practice. The ride height, window molding etc are poorly done, Ill admit. I tried to have this done quickly.
Ater staring (literaly) for 8 hours at this car, I like what they have done.

The patent drawing is not a fair representation of the real Malibu. It is slightly off.
The real car will be more in line with the Insignia/Regal in shape and size, I believe.

It might be easier maybe, to chop the Insignia into a Malibu...for a more realistic outcome.

Here is a comparo with the Insignia picture I used as reference (IE stole the wheels :confused0071: )

Posted Image

ocnblu

C&G's Boldest Member

• Premium Subscriber
  • 28,611 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 05:18 AM

OK Ted that has me falling on the floor and twitching uncontrollably.:blink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users