TrueDelta takes on JD Power, Strategic Vision & CR

• 4 years later...

that site needs a serious visual upgrade. it looks pretty 'underfunded'

Very old thread. I thought there was a newer one here, but couldn't find it.

Anyway, the site received a redesign the following month, but it's been nearly five years and badly needs one again...

Over 60,000 car owners are signed up now, and Novembers reliability stats will include over 450 models. I would like to have better coverage of GM cars, just a matter of getting more owners involved.

Details here:

Car reliability research

• 1 month later...

Starting this month we have a new question to measure, as objectively as possible, the severity of a problem. Many people have been asking for reliability stats that weight problems by how severe they are, and once we have enough responses with the revised survey we'll start providing this.

Also this month: updated reliability stats.

As always, the more owners participate, the better the information we can provide to everyone.

Micheal is a good guy and I encourage everyone on C&G with a recent model vehicle to sign up and participate in the survey, it's a much more effective survey than CR. Naturally, those of us with 30 year old Oldsmobiles won't get counted. <_<

• 2 months later...

Thank you for putting a good word in. Sorry I missed seeing you at NAIAS this year. Tied up with GM events for much of the time?

For those interested in helping out with the survey, the details are here:

Car reliability research

GM models continue to be under-represented in our stats--more participants needed for them.

Edited by mkaresh

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

So when I am home I will take a closer look at joining for free, but am wondering how defined the segments are? I already tried to look for my 2008 Trailblazer SS and Escalade ESV Platinum and it does not seem to give those categories so how would it truly rate the quality, service, etc of that auto if you cannot enter in those select features?

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Added it, and we'll have an initial stat later this month. I think you'll be pleased.

The current stats now cover through June 30th. We're the only site that clearly indicates the time period covered by our reliability stats--there's a reason for this!

www.truedelta.com/car-reliability

Added it, and we'll have an initial stat later this month. I think you'll be pleased.

The current stats now cover through June 30th. We're the only site that clearly indicates the time period covered by our reliability stats--there's a reason for this!

Well I'm already pleased with the car. :-)  It has only been back for oil changes, tire rotations, and one recall for improperly torqued seat bolts.   We originally planned to just lease it for the 24 months and then turn it in for another, but life changes and we're going to buy it out at the end of the lease instead and keep it for another year or two.

• 1 month later...
We've updated the stats to cover through the third quarter. No repairs reported for the Encore, with 15 owners participating--very much need more. Most GM cars, including the new Corvette, have a "moderate" repair frequency.

To view the latest stats, and sign up to help improve them (if you haven't already):

• 3 months later...
We've updated our reliability stats for the Encore (and many other GM models) to include owner experiences through the end of 2014. In terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year: 

2014 Encore: 16, low, small sample size

2013 Encore: 10, low, small sample size

For models with sufficient sample sizes we've also added reliability trends graphs. These indicate how a model's reliability has changed as it has aged, and how different model years performed when the same age.

We've updated our reliability stats for the Encore (and many other GM models) to include owner experiences through the end of 2014. In terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year: 

2014 Encore: 16, low, small sample size
2013 Encore: 10, low, small sample size

For models with sufficient sample sizes we've also added reliability trends graphs. These indicate how a model's reliability has changed as it has aged, and how different model years performed when the same age.

Nothing but oil changes, tire rotations, and one recall to adjust the seat mounting bolt torque.

• 3 months later...
Our reliability stats for the Encore (and over 700 other model-model year combos) now include owner experiences through March 31, 2015. (Others are nearly a year behind.) 

In terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year ("low" is best): 

2014 Encore: 8, low, small sample size

2013 Encore: 7, low, small sample size

Still need more participants for this and other GM models.

For repair descriptions, the stats for other cars, and to sign up to help improve this information:  

I still really have no repairs to report on it.  We're about 15 days from the 24 month mark on ours.  I just submitted the buyout paperwork on the lease.  It just goes in for oil changes and that's it.  It will probably get its first new set of tires in late fall. 

• 2 months later...

Our stats have now been updated to cover through the end of June.

Still very little drama to report for some people's favorite small Buick:

2014 Encore: 6, low, small sample size
2013 Encore: 7, low, small sample size

We continue to need more of these and other GM cars.

For the descriptions of all reported repairs, results for other models, and to sign up to help improve this information: 

Edited by mkaresh

I still really have no repairs to report on it.  We're about 15 days from the 24 month mark on ours.  I just submitted the buyout paperwork on the lease.  It just goes in for oil changes and that's it.  It will probably get its first new set of tires in late fall. 

not waiting for the new engine for 2016?  (or is it just not out yet)

not waiting for the new engine for 2016?  (or is it just not out yet)

Not out yet, and I get the next new car.  We may move up to the Envision next time depending on what I get.   If I get something that can haul a lot of stuff, then we may stay with Encore.  If I get something with limited seating (Read: Truck) then we'll need to move up. 

The Encore is great for the two of us, but with 7 nieces and nephews, and in-laws who don't like to drive during family trips, we're finding it a bit cramped. (Not all at once obviously)

So there might not be an Encore encore simply because of changing needs?

Correct. It depends if I go with a 3-row (Durango is top contender) or a truck.

But also, if I get a Durango, then he thinks he might not want an SUV at all, and go with a sedan or coupe.

• 3 months later...
Here you go, Drew.

We've updated our reliability stats to include owner experiences through September 30, 2015. In terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year: 

2014 Encore: 12, low, small sample size

2013 Encore: 8, low, small sample size

And a non-GM model of interest:

2015 Durango: 59, high, very small sample size

2014 Durango: 34, moderate

2012 Durango: 56, moderate, very small sample size

2011 Durango: 71, high, very small sample size

For the details, including repair descriptions, and to sign up to help improve this information: 

Edited by mkaresh

• 1 month later...