Posted 09 February 2006 - 10:39 AM

http://shows.autospi...=3&galleryId=35

titan

GXP Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 06:01 PM

UNBELIEVEABLE... This car is still available with "standard cloth seats" and optionial leather.

sciguy_0504

Denali Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 06:14 PM

UNBELIEVEABLE...  This car is still available with "standard cloth seats" and optionial leather.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

See previous posts about the issue.

CARBIZ

Denali Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 07:41 PM

Well, at least it looks less like a glorified Camry than the last generation. I've driven the previous generation, and I was never sure why anyone would pay the extra $5,000 and not just stick with the loaded Camry!

toyoguy

GXP Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 02:17 AM

Yet you haven't even driven this yet you automatically assume it's better?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

quality is obvious, I stand next to a CTS and notice the paint sucks, and the weatherstripping is cheap.

the market responds w/no enthusiasm.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

most people have no desire to spend $35k+ for 10yr old engines, and 4spd trannies.

Flybrian

Aurora Oldsmoborealis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,050 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 02:23 AM

I'm just going to read the above post again anytime I need a good laugh. And if you're referring to the Lucerne with your last statement, yeah, the Northstar is such a piece of $h!.

blackviper8891

Schwarze Schafe

• Editor/Reporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,064 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 02:23 AM

quality is obvious, I stand next to a CTS and notice the paint sucks, and the weatherstripping is cheap.

the market responds w/no enthusiasm.

most people have no desire to spend $35k+ for 10yr old engines, and 4spd trannies.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

FYI, the CTS has a 5spd auto and the engine is only a few years old. Get your facts straight.

BTW, weather stripping? That has got to be a new low. As long as it keeps water out (hence 'weather'), there's no problem. That is just an excuse to complain... and a mightly laughable one at that. :rolleyes:

Edited by blackviper8891, 11 February 2006 - 02:29 AM.

toyoguy

GXP Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 02:37 AM

FYI, the CTS has a 5spd auto and the engine is only a few years old. Get your facts straight.

BTW, weather stripping? That has got to be a new low. As long as it keeps water out (hence 'weather'), there's no problem. That is just an excuse to complain... and a mightly laughable one at that. :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

FYI, I'm refering to the Lucerne its competitor. And yeah there is a problem, in a few yrs that weatherstripping turns gray/white and really looks like ass, not to mention its trashy new.

A new low? If I sat in the vehicle I'd mention the fake leather, and garbage plastics. I won't bother since if I want cheap materials, I'll save money and buy an econo-box.

An excuse is blaming the media/society, when an deficient vehicle w/superior competition is on the street.

blackviper8891

Schwarze Schafe

• Editor/Reporter
  • 12,064 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 02:47 AM

FYI, I'm refering to the Lucerne its competitor.  And yeah there is a problem, in a few yrs that weatherstripping turns gray/white and really looks like ass, not to mention its trashy new.

A new low?  If I sat in the vehicle I'd mention the fake leather, and garbage plastics.  I won't bother since if I want cheap materials, I'll save money and buy an econo-box.

An excuse is blaming the media/society, when an deficient vehicle w/superior competition is on the street.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well... Did you specify? Didn't think so. The only car mentioned in your post was the CTS.

The weather stripping on my POS 95 Grand Am is fine. It's not gray nor white and it keeps water out. Did I mention that this car is a POS? As in its crappy and extremely cheap?

Again, a laughable excuse to complain...

toyoguy

GXP Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 02:52 AM

I'm just going to read the above post again anytime I need a good laugh.

And if you're referring to the Lucerne with your last statement, yeah, the Northstar is such a piece of $h!.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't recall calling any engine a POS, if a newer/superior motor is available people buy it.

in today's market the Northstar is no longer special.

CARBIZ

Denali Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 08:47 AM

Some people appreciate proven technology and don't jump on technology just for technology's sake. GM's 4 spd still shifts smoother and more reliably than anything from Toyota. I have driven Camrys and IMpalas back to back and the diffrence is obvious. The NorthStar may be 12 years old, but it obviously has been updated since then and has been proven. The oil life monitor system, limp home modes, etc. were all pionoeered by GM. Toyota and the rest of the vultures have just caught up. If you want all things new, then go ahead. But if you want reliable and a decent value, then stick with the Camry.

Snate

Super Sport Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 11:46 AM

Normal people don't want to spend 35+K on a car that shares the same engine/transmission as a 25K Camry.

Polish_Kris

GXP Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 12:01 PM

I don't recall calling any engine a POS, if a newer/superior motor is available people buy it.

in today's market the Northstar is no longer special.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't worry, not worth arguing, some people live in a different world on this board.

This is a mostly a GM fan site, so this kind of mentality is normal from some posters on this board.

Snate

Super Sport Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 12:04 PM

So the 3.5L V6 is suddenly special? Is it not based on the old 3.0L that has been used in the Camry forever? Until the 2006 Avalon....Toyota did not have a competitive V6.

#35 Guest_lance armstrong's Testicles_*

Guest_lance armstrong's Testicles_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2006 - 12:38 PM

Forget the CTS, I think the Lucerne is a better value than this and you guys know how I feel about that FWD car.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

but do they care?

go stick your stupid head in a toilet

regfootball

Firing on all sixteen cylinders

• Members
  • 19,082 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 01:03 PM

lance, sorry to hear about you and sheryl crow

sciguy_0504

Denali Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 02:09 PM

Normal people don't want to spend 35+K on a car that shares the same engine/transmission as a 25K Camry.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sort of like people who spend $42,000+ on a car that shares the same engine/transmission as a $30,000 Lucerne?

Snate

Super Sport Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 02:13 PM

Sort of like people who spend $42,000+ on a car that shares the same engine/transmission as a $30,000 Lucerne?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The difference being that both are nice Luxury cars...the Camry is a dull plebian mass market sedan.

sciguy_0504

Denali Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 02:21 PM

The difference being that both are nice Luxury cars...the Camry is a dull plebian mass market sedan.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tahoe: $34,000
Escalade: $57,000

Trailblazer: $25,000
9-7X: $39,000

turbo200

Denali Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 02:24 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

with an excellent new tranny and engine combination that are competitive with everything else out there in the entry-level luxury class, not to mention the family sedan category.

Northstar isn't nearly as relevant, or as advanced, or as fresh as this engine, so I agree with that point. Just being a good engine doesn't mean you share the characteristics of efficiency, refinement, and tech your newest competitors do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users