• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Dodgefan

`Cuz I'm Awesome

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,502 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:22 PM

I started doing this in March, but all of the craziness with moving forced me to put it aside. Finally got around to finishing it tonight, here it is.

2012-dodge-durango-final.jpg

This should give you guys a pretty good idea what the Durango (or whatever they choose to call it) will look like when it debuts.

Here's the first one from before. It's not as good, but this one is only my first crack at this, and the new one is only my second. :P

Posted Image

Delta Force79

Rocket 350 Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,947 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:33 PM

Great evolution of the first gen, which is what the second gen should have been all along, seems Chrysler is trying to get back to their former glory and pick up the pieces from their last great design period of the 90's, between a first gen inspired Durango now and a second gen inspired Grand Cherokee coming. Excellent rendering DF, looks very sharp.

SAmadei

Denali Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,961 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 01:43 PM

I like the direction Dodge took with this... I think they should reuse the Magnum name, as it looks like a proper, functional wagon version of the Charger. (Sorry, I still feel the Magnum was a marginal wagon functionality-wise).

These would look so much better with about 8 inches of suspension taken out.

Cubical-aka-Moltar

American Cubicle Dweller

• Premium Subscriber
  • 22,453 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 02:11 PM

I like the direction Dodge took with this... I think they should reuse the Magnum name, as it looks like a proper, functional wagon version of the Charger. (Sorry, I still feel the Magnum was a marginal wagon functionality-wise).

I wonder if it will have some sort of height-adjustable suspension as an option, I thought I read the GC will have such an option. It would be great even w/ 4x4 to have a lower ride height for daily driving and the extra ground clearance available when needed...

Though besides the occasional off roading and driving in snow, I've found that having 9 inches of clearance is very useful in intentional/unententional curb hopping, speed bumps, raised median hopping, etc.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar, 12 May 2010 - 02:13 PM.

SAmadei

Denali Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,961 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 02:41 PM

Though besides the occasional off roading and driving in snow, I've found that having 9 inches of clearance is very useful in intentional/unententional curb hopping, speed bumps, raised median hopping, etc.

See, I'd rather bump a curb from time to time... but it can't lose the 9 inches of extra center of gravity when you are in the middle of an emergency maneuver.

regfootball

Firing on all sixteen cylinders

• Members
  • 19,008 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:27 AM

i'd prefer they leave off the magnum name. the magnum was cool. and the cargo area was highly usuable because of the way the rear hatch opened up. you could get long items in the magnum's trunk, and had the ability to get to them with the hatch open. Also, you could go deeper in the trunk by simply removing the floor cover. The jugg holders behind the wheel wells were absolutely brilliant for milk runs at the grocery store. assuming they were the right size for milk juggs.

The Magnum wagon was brilliant packaging for people and cargo IMO. I'd prefer the name not be put on an SUV.

Durango was incredibly popular around here. I think the name still has cred.

Nick

Denali Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,746 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:03 PM

Dude...you're on Autoblog:

http://www.autoblog....ngo-err-magnum/

Dodgefan

`Cuz I'm Awesome

• Admin
  • 23,502 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:43 PM

Dude...you're on Autoblog:

Whoa, cool! 8)

Glad you guys like it.

ocnblu

C&G's Boldest Member

• Premium Subscriber
  • 28,449 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:47 PM

This latest render is excellent, DF! This should be a good looking vehicle, more traditional and appealing than the pig it will replace.

Dodgefan

`Cuz I'm Awesome

• Admin
  • 23,502 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:50 PM

Like the next Grand Cherokee, it appears to have skipped over the current generation and is more of an evolution of the generation before it. Which is good, I loved the original Durango's looks (even if the tail lights were cribbed off the minivans).

CanadianBacon94

GXP Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:17 PM

are there any details yet announced on the thing?

NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Ransom E. Olds Reincarnated

• Editor/Reporter
  • 15,070 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 03:19 PM

Rendered Speculation: 2012 Dodge Durango... err, Magnum
by Steven J. Ewing (RSS feed) on May 13th 2010 at 7:25PM

2012 Dodge Durango (Magnum) renderings – Click above for high-res image gallery

Chrysler may be working hard to get its new crop of Fiat-infused small car offerings to market, but we must not forget that a great bulk of the automaker's sales will be made up of crossovers and SUVs, spearheaded by vehicles like the 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee and the upcoming Dodge Durango replacement (possibly called Magnum) in 2012. We've seen spy shots and patent filings of the reworked Dodge crossover, but Cheers and Gears forum member Andrew Currie has spent some time creating renderings of what the all-new CUV could look like. Very believable, if we do say so ourselves.

Details are still slim about the next-generation Durango-Magnum, but one thing's for sure – it's going to look a whole lot better than the aging Durango that currently sits on dealer lots. And if Chrysler can make good on its promise to offer better interior refinement, the new CUV should be a worthy competitor for GM's Lambda quadruplets and the upcoming new Ford Explorer. Still, we'll have to wait and see what Chrysler has in store, and we won't be surprised if the production model makes its debut later this year at the Los Angeles Auto Show, or even early next year in Detroit.

link:

Dodgefan

`Cuz I'm Awesome

• Admin
  • 23,502 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:18 PM

Few years late, but now with Hi-res headlights! Was going through my portfolio and realized how terrible the headlights were, so for archiving purposes I redid them.

2012-dodge-durango-1.jpg

Funny how close this ended up being to the actual production unit.

dfelt

Ultra Member

• Editor/Reporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,244 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:01 AM

Nice job DF, way to go. Would love to see this in a 2 door shorter model. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users