Honda Fit sticker starts at $14,400

Northstar

Yep, more expensive parts plus more difficult installation (trust me, I've looked under the hood of my car, no mere mortal can do more than just the most basic of maintenances) make for a car that just isnt worth it compared to the brand-spankin new competition.

i remember a coworker a few years ago had to put a new alternator in his accord.  it was like 400 bucks more to put it in the accord than your basic GM car.

Everyone knows that parts at the dealership are more expensive than aftermarket. When my dad had a Civic, he payed only $80 CDN for a rebuilt one.

i remember a coworker a few years ago had to put a new alternator in his accord.  it was like 400 bucks more to put it in the accord than your basic GM car.

Is Honda dealership service on an average more expensive than GM dealership service? Perhaps, but do you have anything to prove it other than one story from a coworker (hearsay)? Did that basic GM car have A/C? Was it taken to an equivalent GM dealership, or a non-dealer mechanic shop?

Is Honda dealership service on an average more expensive than GM dealership service?  Perhaps, but do you have anything to prove it other than one story from a coworker (hearsay)? Did that basic GM car have A/C? Was it taken to an equivalent GM dealership, or a non-dealer mechanic shop?

it was a coworker, an accord, the alternator had gone out and needed replacement.

the work was being done at a genuine honda dealer. cough......robber, whatever.

Is Honda dealership service on an average more expensive than GM dealership service?  Perhaps, but do you have anything to prove it other than one story from a coworker (hearsay)? Did that basic GM car have A/C? Was it taken to an equivalent GM dealership, or a non-dealer mechanic shop?

i was using my father in laws olds 88 as a comparison as he had the same thing done one time about the same time frame. in otherwords a typical volume car just like the accord. the car had a/c. funny you throw that out there, does honda put A/C in their cars?

i was using my father in laws olds 88 as a comparison as he had the same thing done one time about the same time frame.  in otherwords a typical volume car just like the accord.  the car had a/c.  funny you throw that out there, does honda put A/C in their cars?

I must have been viewing another thread about radiators when I wrote that, I thought you had said radiator and not alternator (in that case, the A/C radiator is usually attached to the coolant radiator).

What year was the Accord? Did the 88 Oldsmobile get taken to a genuine GM dealer or the same Honda dealer?