• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,386 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 04:54 PM

More pictures:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by GMTruckGuy74, 17 December 2010 - 04:55 PM.

balthazar

Yoda of Vintage cars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,730 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 05:46 PM

Unlike the Terradyne or Cheyenne, this is one GM big truck concept I really like.

Edited by balthazar, 17 December 2010 - 05:47 PM.

Z-06

Ultra Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,844 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 06:41 PM

I guess MCE for the GMT900 trucks is in orders after looking at this thing. I want to see the interior.

Drew Dowdell

Unimatrix 01

• Admin
  • 30,249 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 06:46 PM

This 2011 Sierra All Terrain HD Concept is totally different from the current generation Sierra. The bed shows the side boxes that the 2000 GMC Terradyne introduced (and the Dodge Ram Chevrolet Avalanche/Cadillac Escalade EXT put into production),

Not picking on you... but fixed that for you. They are just larger versions of what was put into production on the Avalanche.

Cubical-aka-Moltar

American Cubicle Dweller

• Premium Subscriber
  • 22,528 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:13 PM

Not picking on you... but fixed that for you. They are just larger versions of what was put into production on the Avalanche.

Wasn't Ram Box the first of those? Never seen anything like that on an Avalanche.

balthazar

Yoda of Vintage cars

• Members
  • 13,730 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:06 PM

Posted Image

Nick

Denali Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,746 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:37 PM

I guess MCE for the GMT900 trucks is in orders after looking at this thing. I want to see the interior.

According to some article I read, the only interior changes were some different trim pieces and a leather wrapped dash.

Drew Dowdell

Unimatrix 01

• Admin
  • 30,249 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:43 PM

Came standard on avalanche in 2002

Dodgefan

`Cuz I'm Awesome

• Admin
  • 23,505 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:50 PM

Avalanche did it first. Ram's is larger. Looks like this GMC's maybe be larger still. All of these designs are better than what Honda did with the Ridgeline.

Cubical-aka-Moltar

American Cubicle Dweller

• Premium Subscriber
  • 22,528 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 09:24 PM

Avalanche did it first. Ram's is larger. Looks like this GMC's maybe be larger still. All of these designs are better than what Honda did with the Ridgeline.

The Avalanche ones look tiny and plastic, not integrated like the Ram's. Ram was the first to have them in a normal truck bed.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar, 17 December 2010 - 09:26 PM.

hyperv6

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,567 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 10:21 PM

The styling theme here is very similar tot he Granite. The GMC family grill and other details look to be shared.

When I look at this truck I strip away the wheels and suspension bling. I also see more conventional lighting.
What we have here is 80% of the new GMC that we should expect. The Sheet metal I figure is pretty much what we are going to see less the large wheel flairs.
I think this is a move in the right direction. I only hope they are smart and keep the sheet metal different on the Chevy.

With those bed cap bins it will be interesting to see how companies will deal with them for caps and bed covers.

I expect the new trucks to take on weight reduction too. I wonder where it is coming out. Is the interior of the bed just a plastic liner or is it a full plastic inner bed?

Edited by hyperv6, 17 December 2010 - 10:22 PM.

Drew Dowdell

Unimatrix 01

• Admin
  • 30,249 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 08:52 AM

The Avalanche ones look tiny and plastic, not integrated like the Ram's. Ram was the first to have them in a normal truck bed.

What' the hell?

The lids are plastic, but the fenders are still metal. Keep in mind that by being plastic they integrate with the sail panels and hard bed cover that is at the back of the Avalanche. And what's not normal about the Avalanche truck bed other than it has a mid-gate?

090729rack.jpg

They aren't as large as the Ram's, but they were still pretty big. I stored all kinds of things in there.

Regardless, even if you don't agree with me on the integration... Chevy still did it first and Dodge added it to their lineup also.

If you got the Cadillac, the box covers were painted body color.

BigPontiac

OSV Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 04:14 PM

The pickuptrucks.com article has a single photo of the interior:

Article

hyperv6

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,567 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 06:31 PM

The pickuptrucks.com article has a single photo of the interior:

Article

From this angle it looks very production ready. Not any real show glitz looking things floating around in there.

Edited by hyperv6, 18 December 2010 - 06:31 PM.

Drew Dowdell

Unimatrix 01

• Admin
  • 30,249 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 06:47 PM

That's the current interior with fancy seats and leather stitching on the dash....

z28luvr01

Mr. Fantastic

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,329 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 07:28 PM

What' the hell?

The lids are plastic, but the fenders are still metal. Keep in mind that by being plastic they integrate with the sail panels and hard bed cover that is at the back of the Avalanche. And what's not normal about the Avalanche truck bed other than it has a mid-gate?

090729rack.jpg

They aren't as large as the Ram's, but they were still pretty big. I stored all kinds of things in there.

Regardless, even if you don't agree with me on the integration... Chevy still did it first and Dodge added it to their lineup also.

If you got the Cadillac, the box covers were painted body color.

And you can safely use them as coolers. They've got little drain holes on the bottom for melted ice to leak out of.

Drew Dowdell

Unimatrix 01

• Admin
  • 30,249 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 07:49 PM

And you can safely use them as coolers. They've got little drain holes on the bottom for melted ice to leak out of.

Done it.

GMTruckGuy74

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,386 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 09:38 AM

Okay, while I like the interiors of the current GMT-900s, I know the marketplace is asking for the GM full-sizers to get a new interior. I hope GM doesn't cheap out here with this MCE by reusing the current interior with the new exterior.

dfelt

Ultra Member

• Editor/Reporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,504 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:11 AM

I like this truck allot, I wish they would put this front end on the Yukon as I hate the current look of the Yukon and this look would give it the far better Macho, Professional look for the SUV than the current Female look of the SUV.

Drew Dowdell

Unimatrix 01

• Admin
  • 30,249 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:01 PM

I have to take back some things in this thread.

The Avalanche's bed boxes are every bit as big as the Ram's; they just run a different direction. The Avalanche's are very deep, all the way down to the bottom of the inner fender, but have a narrower opening at the top. The Ram's have a wide opening but only go as deep as the top of the wheel well.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)