2012 Impala Changes hit the Dealerships

Odds are it may be something as simple as a flash issue on the computer that is not setting a code. Many times they just reflash it and all is fine. Often if it is a sensor or injector etc it will set a code.

It sounds like the timing is getting off to me not fuel.

My buddys 12 Impala runs like a clock and get the MPG listed or better. I think he said he was seeing 18-19 city.

You may want to find another dealer as not all dealer service departments are equal. Most people with poor service that keep going back to the same dealer never get things solved.

My dealer is one of the good ones and they have been great.

Edited by hyperv6

• 1 year later...

I'd also like to know what: "New rear end appearance with dual exhaust outlets standard on all trims" means. I mean, is it simply saying new rear end appearance because there are dual exhausts and a spoiler is standard on LT/LTZ trims or are we actually going to see tweaked taillights?

I just found this thread after researching the 2012-2013 Impala, as I am seriously thinking of getting one when my Cruze lease runs out this summer. From what I can tell, the chrome piece on the trunk lid on the 2006-2011 models has been deleted. Also, I can't find the Impala badge on the c-pillars, nor the GM badges on the front fenders on these years.

Now that these have been on the road for a couple of years, does anyone else have any real-world reports of the new engine's performance? I can't wait to try one of these out, once the weather gets a bit better.

On a side note, I just read that GM will continue building this Impala through 2016, for fleet sales. It is still available in all three trims, and has the "Limited" moniker (small badge appears on right side of trunk lid).

I do remember that they removed the Impala badge on the c-pillar in the final years and the GM badge on the front fenders has been gone on all models for a few years now.

I've driven one as a rental and the engine and transmission combo is great, but with the "almost a cop car" suspension, I didn't care for the ride and handling.

I have yet to knock my father down, steal his keys, and lay rubber in his '13 Impy. I'd be innerested in doing so, if I could get away with it.

Chrome trunk trim piece has been switched for a body color trim piece. Grillework is a silver crosshatch design. Car is still a soldier.

I was over at Jalopnik last night, and a kid on there was handed down a red Impy, which he hated when his parents bought it new... but now he has grown very attached. He even autocrosses it. Ask Dodgefan, he's over there posting under his rill name.

Thanks for the responses.

I do like the new grille, as well as the other changes.

Sounds like this may be my choice for my next car in the summer. Before my Cruze (138 HP), I drove a 2005 Impala LS with the 3800 Series II. It was rather difficult getting used to the much less horsepower in then Cruze. It'll be nice having 300 horsepower in the Impala.

Cool. Thanks, Drew. While waiting for my car to get inspected today, I test drove a 2013 Impala LT. Really nice. I agree with you, that the power is definitely there, but not so with torque. I liked the small growl emitting from the tail pipes.

I think this will definitely be my next car of choice, once my lease is up.

Cool. Thanks, Drew. While waiting for my car to get inspected today, I test drove a 2013 Impala LT. Really nice. I agree with you, that the power is definitely there, but not so with torque. I liked the small growl emitting from the tail pipes.

I think this will definitely be my next car of choice, once my lease is up.

When is your lease up?

Sorry about the long delay to approve your posts. I don't get a notification that you made one, so I only see it if I stumble on it. Perhaps you'll consider signing up? We've got a decent bunch here.

Come on abaord, we'd love to have you as a new member!

Edited by GMTruckGuy74