Cadillac died!

68 replies to this topic

riviera74

GXP Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 03:27 PM

The current SRX is a Theta-Epsilon while the Equinox/Terrain are strictly Theta. The current Escalade has come a VERY long way from the rebadged 1999 Chevy Tahoe: exclusive engine, exclusive feature set etc. The idea that these are rebadges like back in the '80s or 90's is a massive insult to the engineers behind both vehicles. Whether there should be an SRX or an Escalade is a separate question.

Just because Cadillac no longer has a Caddy-exclusive powerplant (formerly Northstar, replaced by the stillborn Ultra V8) does not mean that Cadillac is dead. The new ATS and especially the building/development of the Converj and the Cien concepts for production attest to that!

Cubical-aka-Moltar

American Cubicle Dweller

• Premium Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,478 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 03:35 PM

The current SRX is a Theta-Epsilon while the Equinox/Terrain are strictly Theta.

I wonder if that really means anything, though. Is there any meaningful difference between 'Theta' and 'Theta-Epsilon' other than the wheelbase..
Both are transverse FWD or AWD w/ the same V6 available. Nothing special.

The current Escalade has come a VERY long way from the rebadged 1999 Chevy Tahoe: exclusive engine, exclusive feature set etc. The idea that these are rebadges like back in the '80s or 90's is a massive insult to the engineers behind both vehicles. Whether there should be an SRX or an Escalade is a separate question.

Shared platform w/ the Tahoe/Suburban/Avalanche/Yukon, a lot of parts shared. Still just a fancy truck, not it's own unique vehicle.

Drew Dowdell

Unimatrix 01

• Admin
  • 30,170 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 03:58 PM

Cadillac didn't die, they're just resting. XTS will be here in a couple years.

Lamar

OSV Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 04:27 PM

I'd just as soon wait for '13 and the ATS. :neenerneener:

Drew Dowdell

Unimatrix 01

• Admin
  • 30,170 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 04:52 PM

I'm actually at an impasse on that one. If I had the cash either way, I'm not sure which way I'd go. One of my favorite current GM cars outside of the V-series is a loaded Buick Lacrosse. At the same time, I really miss my '04 CTS which I am hoping the ATS will feel similar to with a better interior

smk4565

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:53 PM

You are pinning Cadillac's future on the XTS? I don't see an oversized Lexus ES350 as the answer to their problems.

Cubical-aka-Moltar

American Cubicle Dweller

• Premium Subscriber
  • 22,478 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:56 PM

You are pinning Cadillac's future on the XTS? I don't see an oversized Lexus ES350 as the answer to their problems.

Well, the XTS will give them a model to compete w/ the MKS, RL, ES, S80, and 9-5.

smk4565

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:21 PM

Well, the XTS will give them a model to compete w/ the MKS, RL, ES, S80, and 9-5.

And the ES is smaller and cheaper than all the others. Look at the rest of the list, all sales duds. Why even bother competing with that.

Lamar

OSV Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:01 PM

Truthfully speaking, though, that should be Buick territory. Not Cadillac.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users