Chevrolet Era Concept

People see the Batmobile in all kinds of weird cars. I don't really see it in this.

It has some interesting surface elements, like the vertical likes dripping from the headlights and no the roof. But it doesn't have much of a Chevy identity about it.

Is this an official concept? It looks more like a student project.

Edited by §carlet §wordfish

It reaks of Big Daddy Roth and the unused GTO prototype.

Way too squared off on the sides and the ribs are way over done like the GTO concept.

But then again this only a computer drawing and has as much chance at production as many Hot Wheels do.

The nose needs to come down more. With it that hight this would have areo effects of a wing.

What the hell is the thing in the tail?

I love Roth creations but that is not to say I would love them as a production car.

I vote pass on this accept for the head lights.

Looks like it was designed to encourage antisocial behavior. Those fat rear tires seem perfect for doing burnouts, and with that poor visibility, you can drive like a complete douche in complete anonymity. You don't have to give a damn about anyone else when you're in that little metal cocoon.

Specifically what potential do you see in it, Camino?

Well, as DF mentioned, the proportions are good. Beyond that, I see a shape (defined by the outer edges of the strakes) that could be very sexy. The car has a low-slung and powerful look to it that I love, and it screams alternative bodystyle to me. In fact, the first glimpse I got of it had me thinking shooting brake.

I don't care for the strakes themselves, nor the "Continental kit", but I do like the detailing on the headlights and the roof: very interesting. The design has a great stance that works for me as well.

I could see a great design growing from this exercise.

In the rear not-quite-3/4 view at one point in the video, I see the topmost strake as a strong character line that defines the car for me. Just imagine everything below that point as smooth bodywork, and you might see what I'm talking about.

Edited by Camino LS6