Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

NASCAR joins the '80s

OK, so an 800hp, 200-mph, 4 MPG plastic car with sticker headlights gains FI, and NOW I can relate?? :confused0071:

Hey, but they say Impala on the front so you can distinguish the Chevy from Camry, Fusion and Charger.. :)

NASCAR can be dull on TV, but the races are fun in person (though the sunburns aren't).

I would be interested in watching stock car racing if the cars were in fact... stock.

I like the Aussie V8 Supercars series, DTM, BTCC and World Touring Car..they are definitely closer looking to stock (though DTM has gone wild in recent years)...I like how there are Chevy Cruzes in World Touring Car... Of series I've seen in person, the GT class in Grand Am and ALMS races are definitely stockish--Mustangs, Camaros, BMW M3s, Porsche 911s, Mazda MX-8s.. for all-out racing machines I enjoy the ALMS, LeMans, Indy Car and F1 series...(I think F1 finally goes to HD broadcasts next year).

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

I would be interested in watching stock car racing if the cars were in fact... stock.

I like the Aussie V8 Supercars series, DTM, BTCC and World Touring Car..they are definitely closer looking to stock (though DTM has gone wild in recent years)...I like how there are Chevy Cruzes in World Touring Car... Of series I've seen in person, the GT class in Grand Am and ALMS races are definitely stockish--Mustangs, Camaros, BMW M3s, Porsche 911s, Mazda MX-8s.. for all-out racing machines I enjoy the ALMS, LeMans, Indy Car and F1 series...(I think F1 finally goes to HD broadcasts next year).

+1. That is real racing, and can be affordable for smaller team without huge budget.

F1 has lost luster in my eyes - it is European NASCAR.

There should be a bone stock car series-- teams have to buy the lowest entry level model straight off the lot and aren't allowed to modify it.

The closest you're going to get is a NASA (National Auto Sports Association) High Performance Driving Event. The next closest would be an SCCA Road Rally event, but then again SCCA can't hold an event without making nine different classes to a category, publishing a 1,200 page rulebook for each class and having several hundred officious pricks with clipboards imploring you to get a 1/64" wider battery tie down strap otherwise there will be chaos on the track and dogs and cats will start living together and SOME COMMON SENSE MIGHT ACTUALLY HAVE TO BE USED INSTEAD OF MINDLESS ADHERENCE TO THE %$#@! RULES! AND WE CAN'T HAVE THAT, NOW CAN WE?

(Get's off soap box) but yeah, check those two out if you're looking for more stock-like cars.

When lawyers rule we get more rules. In a litigation happy society it is bound to happen.