Full Review: 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

Oh Lord, Won't You Buy Me A CTS-V?

style="width: 457px; height: 343px;" alt="CTS-V Coupe front"

src="http://www.cheersandgears.com/uploads/gallery/album_144/med_gallery_51_144_3267146.png">

July 26, 2011 - Drew

Dowdell - CheersandGears.com

With apologies to Janis Joplin:

Oh Lord, won't you buy me

a CTS-V?

My friends all drive bimmers, they go faster than me.

Worked hard all my lifetime, now I need something for me

So Lord, won't you buy me a CTS-V?

2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe -

Full Review

It

is hard to write about a car that is so amazing. Where do you start?

The awesome suede trim interior? The unending thrust? The handling when pushed hard? Or the ride when driven soft? I have a template that I use to write automotive reviews, but it feels inappropriate to use it here because this car doesn't fit any template out there.

alt="2011 CTS-V Coupe"

src="http://www.cheersandgears.com/uploads/gallery/album_144/gallery_51_144_1904383.png"

hspace="20" vspace="20">The CTS-V

Coupe is Cadillac's ultra high powered version of the CTS Coupe we havereviewed earlier. That CTS coupe comes with a 300 horsepower V6 thatmakes for satisfying thrust. The supercharged 6.2 litre V8 in the CTS-Vputs out enough horsepower to be about equal to the coupe's V6 plusthe V6 from the base CTS sedan for a grand total of 556 snorting

ponies.

All of that power is fed through a 6-speed manual

transmission to

the rear wheels.  Pick a gear... any gear... and the thrust is

amazing.  You know that part in the opening credits of Star

Trek:

The Next Generation where the Enterprise stretches out and goes to

warp? That's exactly the feeling you get when you launch this car. The

exhaust note is tuned to be refined, but you still get a hint of the

old school muscle car burble in there. No soulless mechanical sounds

here.

During my time with the car, I averaged 13.1mpg while

driving it hard and was able to get EPA on the highway at

18.5mpg. This is exactly in line with its main competitors the Mercedes

Benz C65 AMG, the BMW M3 and M5.

The CTS-V isn't just fast in

a straight line, this heavy coupe can perform some extremely gratifying

cornering maneuvers despite its 4,209lb curb weight. All in all, the

curb weight isn't much of an issue as it does not detract from the

driving experience.  However, it also makes one wonder what

Cadillac could

have done in the handling department had the car been 500lbs lighter.

Thankfully, out on the open highway, Cadillac's magnetic ride

control smooths everything out into a quiet comfortable ride.

Where other sports cars with tight handling might beat you up on a

highway drive, the CTS-V coddles you.

Inside

I wasn't so sure about the suede inserts and covered steering wheel...

until I needed them. Not only do they feel great in your hand, but they

also give you an easier grip to keep your butt and hands planted where

they should be when the road gets twisty. The piano black finish can

get dusty quickly. Spend the $3 for a glove box sized California duster.

The climate control and stereo work well enough, but the

layout

of the buttons for the combined sound system/navigation system could

probably use a re-think.

alt="2011 Cadillac CTS-V rear leg room"

src="http://www.cheersandgears.com/uploads/gallery/album_144/gallery_51_144_57135.png"

hspace="20" vspace="20">

alt="2011 Cadillac CTS-V center stack"

src="http://www.cheersandgears.com/uploads/gallery/album_144/gallery_51_144_4002433.jpg"

hspace="20" vspace="20">The optional front

Recaros are

sublime... as they should be for a $3,400 option. Rear seat legroom is

still surprisingly good for this car.  Certainly much better

than

GM's other 4-seat V8 coupe, the Camaro. People often wonder about

rearward blind spots from the large. I never really had a problem with

visibility out the back. It isn't the best, but it is by no means bad.

In fact, I had a far harder time seeing out the back of the Camaro

Convertible that followed this CTS-V. If someone is in your blind spot,

just

tap the pedal on the right... that should clear up the situation. The

trunk opening is small, but over all space is reasonably large. If you

think you're going to get yours and three of your buddy's golf clubs in

there... 'taint happening.

Here is a small plug for OnStar. Towards the end of one of our

evaluation days,

a family emergency came up. We were in a very rural area and my cell

phone cut out. I used the on board phone to call back and get an

assessment of the situation.  After hanging up, I realized I

didn't get

the actual name of the hospital I would need to drive to. While on the

road, I contacted an OnStar rep and explained to him that I needed to

get to a hospital very close to a certain mall (that's all the

information I had) and I didn't know the name of the hospital. The

OnStar Rep was able to search the maps to locate the hospital nearest

to this mall and have the directions downloaded into the NAV system.

Try doing that with your Garmin. I engaged the warp drive and was there

in record time. Thankfully, the family emergency ended with happy news

4 days later.

Everyone around seems excited by the CTS-V. I get stopped to talk about

this car CONSTANTLY. Everyone from 18 year old kids to 90 year old

coots stepping out of their '98 Devilles want to talk to me about the

car. Budget for extra time at the grocery store.

style="width: 411px; height: 308px;"

alt="2011 CTS-V coupe spoiler"

src="http://www.cheersandgears.com/uploads/gallery/album_144/gallery_51_144_1198025.png"

hspace="20" vspace="20">

In

the end you can find minor quibbles with any car. I don't

particularly like the location of the emergency door release handle and

the switch gear on the dash to the left of the steering wheel is right

out of Grandma's Buick Lucerne, but there is absolutely nothing about

this Cadillac that would stop me

from buying a stack of scratch off lottery tickets. So.. dear Lord,

please, won't you buy me a CTS-V?

Gallery: 2011 CTS-V coupe

2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe (HD) from Chris Doane on Vimeo.

• Agree 1

But the interior--particularly the rear seat accommodations--is very lacking, a generation and a half behind. Unacceptable. Until an interior refresh comes along, I wouldn't consider one of these, nor would I recommend them to anyone. BMW, Mercedes and AUDI do better.

But the interior--particularly the rear seat accommodations--is very lacking, a generation and a half behind. Unacceptable. Until an interior refresh comes along, I wouldn't consider one of these, nor would I recommend them to anyone. BMW, Mercedes and AUDI do better.

I found nothing lacking about the rear seat accommodations other then ingress and egress mostly because I was too lazy to wait for the power seat to move forward. I was perfectly comfortable in the back for a while until Doane started driving. :puke:

The M3 - smaller and not as powerful, just barely as fast

The M6 - bigger rear seat, not as powerful, not as fast, $45k more.

The C63 AMG - no coupe yet, not nearly as powerful, not as fast, rear seat is a foam slab.

The E63 AMG - no coupe, not as powerful, not as fast, $20k more

The E550 coupe - Only 382 Horspower?, not as fast, but yea, the rear seat is bigger

The Audi S5 - 200hp deficit, 225 lb-ft of torque deficit (and the peak is within 200rpm of each other), but yeah, the rear seat is bigger.

I found nothing lacking about the rear seat accommodations other then ingress and egress mostly because I was too lazy to wait for the power seat to move forward. I was perfectly comfortable in the back for a while until Doane started driving. :puke:

The M3 - smaller and not as powerful, just barely as fast

The M6 - bigger rear seat, not as powerful, not as fast, $45k more.

The C63 AMG - no coupe yet, not nearly as powerful, not as fast, rear seat is a foam slab.

The E63 AMG - no coupe, not as powerful, not as fast, $20k more

The E550 coupe - Only 382 Horspower?, not as fast, but yea, the rear seat is bigger

The Audi S5 - 200hp deficit, 225 lb-ft of torque deficit (and the peak is within 200rpm of each other), but yeah, the rear seat is bigger.

Are you kidding me?? The rear seat's lack of a center armrest and proper console (it is, after all, only a 4-seater) is pretty glaring for the price range, and the low quality plastics and lack of wood/brightwork make it a very stark place to be. Clearly Cadillac forgot that some of its buyers do indeed have friends, and may not necessarily want a 4-door.

• Disagree 1

Are you kidding me?? The rear seat's lack of a center armrest and proper console (it is, after all, only a 4-seater) is pretty glaring for the price range, and the low quality plastics and lack of wood/brightwork make it a very stark place to be. Clearly Cadillac forgot that some of its buyers do indeed have friends, and may not necessarily want a 4-door.

Nonsense. If a CTS-v buyer is concerned about the back seat, they will buy the sedan or wagon. Performance coupe buyers don't care about the backseat....when I had my M3 coupe, the backseat was rarely ever used..when I needed to haul friends or family, I took my Jeep.

• Agree 1

There is no wood in ANY CTS-V unless you go with the Black Diamond edition. It's piano black all around and the trim between the rear seats matches it.

Again, as long is Doane is not driving, I would have no problem going on a somewhat longer trip (hour or two) while riding in the back seat.

There is no wood in ANY CTS-V unless you go with the Black Diamond edition. It's piano black all around and the trim between the rear seats matches it.

That is an issue Cadillac, M-B, and BMW (to a lesser degree) all have to some degree w/ the performance models--they should offer their most luxurious interiors w/ rather that the dour, dark, depressing 'sporty' interiors they often put in the performance models...

I'd like a CTS-v with the regular CTS light tan w/ wood and aluminum trim interior, not a gloomy black or despair gray interior. At least the trim is piano black and not disgusting faux carbon fiber, though I'd rather have wood & aluminum.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Nonsense. If a CTS-v buyer is concerned about the back seat, they will buy the sedan or wagon. Performance coupe buyers don't care about the backseat....when I had my M3 coupe, the backseat was rarely ever used..when I needed to haul friends or family, I took my Jeep.

Please. This is a luxury car buyer, and not an inexpensive one at that. If we were talking about a Pontiac or Camaro I'd be inclined to agree with you--but looking at the competition, the CTS coupe falls short. Please note that these gripes don't exist in the sedan or wagon...but the coupe, the most expensive model, has the least luxurious interior. Not good.

Again, as long is Doane is not driving, I would have no problem going on a somewhat longer trip (hour or two) while riding in the back seat.

Still haven't given me an excuse as to why there isn't an armrest or proper console in the rear seat of a luxury 2+2. And in the regular CTS coupe there isn't any wood in the rear, even though there is up front--all the rear gets is that metallic plastic, and a big hunk of it at that.

Edited by Croc

I'm really mad right now. On the CTS-V overview page, I can pick Evolution Green as my colour... but when I click further into the "Build Your Own" area, Evolution Green disappears from the colour selections, even though it says I cannot have black wheels with that colour. And I don't see the green available on any other trim level of the CTS coupe, either. WHO IS GOING TO FIX THIS???:)

Still haven't given me an excuse as to why there isn't an armrest or proper console in the rear seat of a luxury 2+2. And in the regular CTS coupe there isn't any wood in the rear, even though there is up front--all the rear gets is that metallic plastic, and a big hunk of it at that.

Because Cadillac is run by General Motors, who likes to cut corners and save $$$. I think the interior could be better, it would look fine on a lower end ATS, but not on a car aimed at the German mid-sizers. I am not a fan of the piano black trim, but the regular gray looks really cheap also. Where's the real aluminum or some carbon fiber trim or something. But I must say I don't like how almost every car company does their performance line in all charcoal gray and black interiors. At least Jaguar (especially in the XJ) has a selection of leather colors and woods to pick from, more brands should follow suit.

• Agree 1

But I must say I don't like how almost every car company does their performance line in all charcoal gray and black interiors. At least Jaguar (especially in the XJ) has a selection of leather colors and woods to pick from, more brands should follow suit.

Agreed...these are performance luxury cars, they need luxury interiors available in warm colors w/ wood. I find carbon fiber disgusting, prefer aluminum and wood. I'm sick of gray interiors in everything...never want one again. Luxury cars should be about choice--offering buyers a range of colors and color combinations, trim materials, etc in an interior, regardless of the performance trim level.

GM can cheap-ass all they want w/ Chevrolet, but they should try harder w/ Cadillac.

I have to say, if I had one of these I would never even think about the rear seat accomodations.

I'd replace the backseat w/ a flat carpeted area w/ a bar to attach dog seat belts/harnesses to...

I'd find that far more useful.

I don't even like having rear seat passengers particularly, and their comfort would not be part of any purchase decision I'd ever make.

:rolleyes: So if only the CTS-V coupe had a center armrest and some extra aluminum it would be as good as the Germans?

.... if only the Germans had 556hp and the exterior styling to match.....

Roll your princess eyes all you want, but I've complained about this on all CTS Coupe trims since release. It is inexcusable for a luxury car to lack a rear armrest if it has a rear seat.

I also don't care WHAT they use as trim as long as there is SOMETHING in the rear seat. Again, it's a luxury car--there shouldn't be a huge disconnect between the front and rear halves of the interior. When your $50,000 car only has a cheap hunk of metallic plastic for "trim" in the rear, you have a problem.

I have to say, if I had one of these I would never even think about the rear seat accomodations.

I'd replace the backseat w/ a flat carpeted area w/ a bar to attach dog seat belts/harnesses to...

I don't even like having rear seat passengers particularly, and their comfort would not be part of any purchase decision I'd ever make.

You aren't really a fan of other people in general, are you? That's why you live as far out as you do, that's why you like having so much space between you and your neighbors, and why you wouldn't ever consider rear seat accommodations--because you don't really do much with groups of people...right?

A lot of people, myself included, often drive with nearly full cars because my friends and I socialize a lot.

Plus, let's be honest--if a group of people are going to carpool to something fun, wouldn't you WANT to take the coolest-looking car? I want a car that can do it all and be the best at everything--if my passengers complain, I'm not happy. I'd also never buy a car with a rear seat I wouldn't want to spend any time in.

:rolleyes: So if only the CTS-V coupe had a center armrest and some extra aluminum it would be as good as the Germans?

Roll your princess eyes all you want, but I've complained about this on all CTS Coupe trims since release. It is inexcusable for a luxury car to lack a rear armrest if it has a rear seat.

I also don't care WHAT they use as trim as long as there is SOMETHING in the rear seat. Again, it's a luxury car--there shouldn't be a huge disconnect between the front and rear halves of the interior. When your $50,000 car only has a cheap hunk of metallic plastic for "trim" in the rear, you have a problem.

Then Croc, ask the Lord to buy you a Mercedes-Benz. It's a free country. I prefer the vast performance advantages over the other German coupes. It's just going to be Albert and I 99.9% of the time... I really don't care what my backpack thinks of the back seat. If you're so concerned about back seat luxury and comfort in your high end sports car, maybe you can petition Buick to make you an Enclave GS.

You aren't really a fan of other people in general, are you? That's why you live as far out as you do, that's why you like having so much space between you and your neighbors, and why you wouldn't ever consider rear seat accommodations--because you don't really do much with groups of people...right?

A lot of people, myself included, often drive with nearly full cars because my friends and I socialize a lot.

Plus, let's be honest--if a group of people are going to carpool to something fun, wouldn't you WANT to take the coolest-looking car? I want a car that can do it all and be the best at everything--if my passengers complain, I'm not happy. I'd also never buy a car with a rear seat I wouldn't want to spend any time in.

Interesting...over the years, when I go out w/ groups of friends 95% of the time it's in separate cars...meet up at a house, restaurant, ball game, movie, whatever.. Rarely carpooling..if we did that, then it's whoever has the biggest SUV that does the hauling..(or that rare bodystyle, a wagon--some of my closest friends have wagons--one couple has a Volvo XC70 and a BMW 5-series wagon).

Well, the new M5 does have 560 hp, and development of a triple turbo diesel M5 with ridiculous torque is well under way.

I like the styling of new Mercedes models (although not a fan of the rear end of the CLS), but hard to pass up a Jaguar XK if buying on styling. Yeah it is slower than an AMG or V-series but on looks alone it kills all these cars.

Then Croc, ask the Lord to buy you a Mercedes-Benz. It's a free country. I prefer the vast performance advantages over the other German coupes. It's just going to be Albert and I 99.9% of the time... I really don't care what my backpack thinks of the back seat. If you're so concerned about back seat luxury and comfort in your high end sports car, maybe you can petition Buick to make you an Enclave GS.

Why can't I have both? ANSWER ME THIS: WHY do the CTS sedan and CTS wagon have substantially more luxurious rear accommodations than the CTS coupe?? PLEASE tell me in what world that makes sense.

And no, I won't just go and buy a Mercedes-Benz because I don't care for them and I support American businesses and workers, anyway. Why should I have to settle? Cadillac wants to play with the big boys, then they're getting judged with the big boys.

Honestly, why are you throwing so much attitude at me and taking MY criticisms of the interior (which are clearly shared by a couple posters) so goddamn personally? You turning into some kind of fanboi??

• Agree 1

M5 = not a coupe + less torque + just barely out porks the CTS-V coupe

The next M6 will probably have the same specs as the M5 in a year or two...but those cars are at a much higher price point than the CTS-v..as far as Mercs go, the E-class coupe isn't available in AMG spec in the US, is it?

The next M6 will probably have the same specs as the M5 in a year or two...but those cars are at a much higher price point than the CTS-v..as far as Mercs go, the E-class coupe isn't available in AMG spec in the US, is it?

just in time for the CTS refresh (2 years)

Interesting...over the years, when I go out w/ groups of friends 95% of the time it's in separate cars...meet up at a house, restaurant, ball game, movie, whatever.. Rarely carpooling..if we did that, then it's whoever has the biggest SUV that does the hauling..(or that rare bodystyle, a wagon--some of my closest friends have wagons--one couple has a Volvo XC70 and a BMW 5-series wagon).

Well we'd all go out and meet at places too if it were practical, but honestly parking is expensive in Los Angeles, and it doesn't make sense for 12 people to drive themselves and pay $5.50 each for mandatory valet when many of us live close enough to each other. And while SUVs are great and all, I don't know anyone who drives one these days...and again, if we're meeting up for dinner on La Cienega, we'd rather be seen arriving in a sick-looking coupe than a red Prius.

Edited by Croc

Why can't I have both? ANSWER ME THIS: WHY do the CTS sedan and CTS wagon have substantially more luxurious rear accommodations than the CTS coupe?? PLEASE tell me in what world that makes sense.

And no, I won't just go and buy a Mercedes-Benz because I don't care for them and I support American businesses and workers, anyway. Why should I have to settle? Cadillac wants to play with the big boys, then they're getting judged with the big boys.

Honestly, why are you throwing so much attitude at me and taking MY criticisms of the interior (which are clearly shared by a couple posters) so goddamn personally? You turning into some kind of fanboi??

Sedan and Wagon were planned from the start. The Coupe came about when a designer was working late one night and just doodling ideas when Ed Welburn wandered over (as Ed relayed the story to me). As for the room, they were working within the confines of a platform that was not initially intended for the type of car they were building. As for baubles and brightwork, this was planned as a low volume car for the U.S. only market at a time when GM was steaming straight into bankruptcy. They never thought it would sell as well as it has.

Why are you taking it personally that I don't put people in the back of my cars? I think the rear seat of my Toronado has been used one week (when we had out of country visitors) out of the year that I've owned it.

just in time for the CTS refresh (2 years)

Good, at least it'll be getting one. Remember, there was supposed to be an interior refresh for 2012 that was announced at the Coupe's launch. Cadillac knew it was barely class-competitive even back in 2010.

Sedan and Wagon were planned from the start. The Coupe came about when a designer was working late one night and just doodling ideas when Ed Welburn wandered over (as Ed relayed the story to me). As for the room, they were working within the confines of a platform that was not initially intended for the type of car they were building. As for baubles and brightwork, this was planned as a low volume car for the U.S. only market at a time when GM was steaming straight into bankruptcy. They never thought it would sell as well as it has.

Why are you taking it personally that I don't put people in the back of my cars? I think the rear seat of my Toronado has been used one week (when we had out of country visitors) out of the year that I've owned it.

Those are a bunch of excuses that doesn't really explain anything adequately. If GM was trying to cut costs and just get the thing to market, then why not keep costs down by re-using the CTS sedan's rear bench? It seats 3 and has an armrest. I really, really have a hard time believing that it just cost so much to put even a fixed armrest back there that it would have killed the project and forced GM to raise the MSRP so much that no one would ever buy it.

Also, I'm not taking it personally that you don't put people in the back seat--you're the one rolling your eyes and telling me I should pray for Jesus to buy me a Mercedes because I find fault with the rear seat--that kind of attitude is just completely unprofessional and inappropriate given that I was criticizing GM and the car, not you. You're making it personal, when I'm just faulting the car.

Maybe you'll understand better if you and Albert ever decide to settle down or even maybe adopt--but you shouldn't have to sacrifice fun for practicality. I can drive 55 in a CTS coupe, but I can't fling an Enclave around the twisties.

Edited by Croc

Honestly, the carpooling in bulk thing stopped in my early/mid-twenties. On the rare two-three times/year there's carpooling involved, someone is sitting in that rear center seat making an armrest totally unusable if it exists.

Honestly, the carpooling in bulk thing stopped in my early/mid-twenties. On the rare two-three times/year there's carpooling involved, someone is sitting in that rear center seat making an armrest totally unusable if it exists.

1. Mid-twenties

2. We are an environmentally-aware group...i.e. we might go slightly out of our way but won't grossly inconvenience ourselves

3. We never fill the rear middle seat if we can help it because we need our rearview mirrors

4. HOV lanes on the freeways often move significantly faster when available

You can an appearance package with AMG wheels and thats about it. I think Mercedes-Benz has said there will not be an AMG version of the E-Class coupe

Yeah, that was something I did a lot in college...a group of buddies on Thursday-Friday nights heading to Cleveland to the Flats..or going out in Ann Arbor when I was in grad school in my mid 20s.

For me it kind of dwindled out by my mid 30s or so...my local and work friends were too spread out around the Denver area to carpool much (except for downtown after work happy hours, UGs, etc events where we were leaving from and returning to the same office)....and by their late 30s they were getting married for the 2nd time and having their first kids and getting minivans or SUVs and moving to the burbs...(it's amazing how many people I know that didn't have kids until they were almost 40 or over 40, on marriage #2, and the wives were always 2-5 years older, but that's another story). I have a few single 40 something friends that have coupes (Infiniti G37, Solara, BMW 3-series) but sedans and SUVs are the norm, for single or married/other..

I do want another 2dr. My goal for when I'm 45 (which is all too soon), I'll have a RWD V6 or V8 luxury sedan for a commuter car, my Jeep for winter, and a RWD V8 sports coupe or convertible. No FWD or 4cyls.

...or I just don't use, or much value, backseats in general.

What a tirade of assumptions.

You can an appearance package with AMG wheels and thats about it. I think Mercedes-Benz has said there will not be an AMG version of the E-Class coupe

Too bad..it's a great looking car IMO. The C-class coupe isn't very good looking...looks like an Accord coupe roof on a C-class body.

Pretty much.

But even then few of my crowd lived terribly close to each other, so a carpool rarely made sense.

I use the backseat in my car a lot...so much that I've considered getting a 7-series. I don't think anyone cares what the back seat is like...my car always ends up being the drunk bus. We've been known to cram seven or more people in my car (even one in the trunk, once). That being said, I like knowing that my car is finished throughout. I appreciate attention to detail.

I use the backseat in my car a lot...so much that I've considered getting a 7-series. I don't think anyone cares what the back seat is like...my car always ends up being the drunk bus. We've been known to cram seven or more people in my car (even one in the trunk, once). That being said, I like knowing that my car is finished throughout. I appreciate attention to detail.

Had a wagon in high school, so I did my time as driver of the "drunk bus" as well. But, that capacity never became an automotive parameter for me.

Had a wagon in high school, so I did my time as driver of the "drunk bus" as well. But, that capacity never became an automotive parameter for me.

I had that experience for a while w/ my Jeep back around '05 when I spent a lot of winter evenings w/ drunken Canadians. I was often a passenger in the Jeep (the teatotaler Canadian would drive). I can't drink the way I did at 35 anymore, though.

...or I just don't use, or much value, backseats in general.

What a tirade of assumptions.

...no? I was asking a series of questions, trying to better understand where you're coming from...hence the question marks. I mean, you've made it clear in many other threads over a period of several years that you like living in a rural/exurb area because you don't like close proximity to neighbors (ocnblu's threads about his noisy neighbors, the thread about density in Los Angeles, others) and you just said you don't like having rear seat passengers...so I don't think I was being terribly unreasonable by asking if you're just not that big on being around people in general for whatever reason.

Car's not on my list in the foreseeable future, but I still rather enjoy it.

The dealer here had a CTS-V coupe in that exact color a few months back. It didn't have the Recaros, though.

Come to think of it, I've still never sat in one of these...

We're all GM's biggest fans and toughest critics, but the horse you're beating in this thread is practically a dry skeleton. You can get chrome on a roll and armrests with cupholders at Pep Boys.

I thought you wanted a CTS coupe. But maybe something fell through and now it has to be the vorst car in ze world because you can't have it.

Not quite sure. I'm inventing stories now, trying to keep up with the theme in here.

My criticism of the CTS coupe is the big fat ass it has. But the performance of the V version eclipses all of our quibbles. In the dark days, namely 1986, when Cadillac's flagship coupe was reduced to a pair of featureless blocks stacked on top of one another... who in their right mind would have dreamed of this day when we can fight over a magnificent car like this?

That big, fat, (and stubby) ass is why I prefer the wagon over the coupe.

But I'd enjoy driving the wheels off of any V variant.

Still, I'd only consider taking the wagon home.

So the mutts can have fun too. :smilewide: